Entries tagged with: Die Antwood
The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion released a new album, Meat and Bone, this year and we spoke to drummer Russell Simins to see what his favorite albums of the year were. There is some new stuff there, but a good chunk of the list is made up of reissues and uncovered lost recordings, and he's got some really interesting inclusions. Check out his full list below.
As mentioned, the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion will play a WFMU benefit (to help WFMU recover from Sandy damages) in NYC on January 13 at The Bell House with Jonathan Toubin, legendary Texas gospel funk group The Relatives (who also play Joe's Pub a day later with Debo Band), Dot Wiggin, and Di Dionyso. Tickets for that show are still available.
Russell's list below...
- Anonymous wrote: It's almost as if her owner is exploiting her to make money? I wen... [more]
- Major Model wrote: I Like this song... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: my 11 yr old nephew listens Fetty Wap... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: ^output... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: "repetitive, brutal and ubiquitous" Daniel Lopatin's music ... [more]
- bra stickers wrote: Thank you for sharing such great information with us. I really appr... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Anika Skywalker. ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Another singer trying to be Angel Olsen. Yawn.... [more]
- listen to BrooklynVegan's "Spotify In Residence" show
- John Lydon of Public Image Ltd & Sex Pistols talks survival, punk rock, celebrity DJs, beards & more (a BV interview)
- EL VY's Matt Berninger (The National) and Brent Knopf (Menomena) on Melodrama, Birthday Cake, and Legos
- Frodus talk And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea reissue, Fueled By Ramen, Death by Audio & more ++ stream a demo
- Carrie Brownstein talks her memoir, Kendrick Lamar, Sleater-Kinney, social media activism & more (in a BV interview)
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)