Entries tagged with: Die Antwood
The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion released a new album, Meat and Bone, this year and we spoke to drummer Russell Simins to see what his favorite albums of the year were. There is some new stuff there, but a good chunk of the list is made up of reissues and uncovered lost recordings, and he's got some really interesting inclusions. Check out his full list below.
As mentioned, the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion will play a WFMU benefit (to help WFMU recover from Sandy damages) in NYC on January 13 at The Bell House with Jonathan Toubin, legendary Texas gospel funk group The Relatives (who also play Joe's Pub a day later with Debo Band), Dot Wiggin, and Di Dionyso. Tickets for that show are still available.
Russell's list below...
- Anonymous wrote: Google him you retard. Or maybe follow the link provided and listen... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Holy crap....... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: As crap as the sightlines were there for concerts, Roseland had a v... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: I would cross bridges to see this guys!... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: any nitrous on the bill?... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Ugly People... [more]
- Becky wrote: Yesssssss. This track is kick ass.... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Beta?... [more]
- John Reis & the Blind Shake on tour, surfed with the So So Glos @ Saint Vitus (pics)
- Father John Misty played Rough Trade with Guy Blakeslee (pics, setlist, review)
- Napalm Death, Voivod, Exhumed, Iron Reagan & Ringworm played Gramercy Theatre (pics, videos, review)
- Jack White & Run the Jewels played MSG with guests Zack De La Rocha & Q-Tip (pics, videos, setlist)
- Pixies, TV on the Radio & John Grant playing shows together before Boston Calling, including Asbury Park (BV presents)
- Firefly Music Festival 2015 lineup (Kings of Leon, The Killers, Morrissey, Modest Mouse, Spoon, Run the Jewels & more)
- Pitchfork Fest 2015 lineup
- an interview w/ David Johansen aka Buster Poindexter (on the Cafe Carlye residency, NY Dolls status, Mitch Ryder & more)
- Beyonce & Lil B promoting veganism; Fully vegan creperie opens in Brooklyn; Dirty Candy reopens in bigger spot
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)