Entries tagged with: Elle King
Living Room's old LES spot (more by Amanda Hatfield) / new space in Williamsburg
The last we spoke about NYC venue Living Room, they had closed their Ludlow St location (next to Pianos and Cake Shop) but were promising to move to a new space. Their plan currently is to soft open during CMJ at their new Williamsburg location of 134 Metropolitan between Berry and Wythe. (Though there's no sign outside currently, or really any sign that it's about to be open.) That's not too far from Glasslands (or the soon-to-close Death by Audio) and if Max Fish had actually opened in Williamsburg (to have been at 132 Metropolitan), they would've been neighbors again.
So far, their schedule for CMJ includes shows with Mosco Rosco, Have Mercy, Fort Lean, Frances Cone and more. You can check out their full schedule as it stands at the moment, below...
Olga Bell at Rough Trade in May (more by Chris La Putt)
NYC's annual CMJ Music Marathon (Oct. 21-25) already announced one batch of artists and they've now revealed many more, including some whose shows were previously announced like A Place to Bury Strangers, DIIV, James, and more. Other additions include The A-Bones, Adult Jazz, Amanda X, Beliefs, The Beverleys, Bishop Nehru, Blue Hawaii, Dilly Dally, The Dirty Nil, Doug Gillard, Dusted, Ex-Breathers, Fielded, Girlpool, Guy Blakeslee, Heavenly Beat, HSY, J Fernandez, Jack & Eliza, Krill, Lia Ices, Literature, Nude Beach, Olga Bell, Paul Collins Beat, Pinact, Popstrangers, Radical Dads, Residual Kid, Run Forever, September Girls, She Keeps Bees, Shilpa Ray, Solids, Weyes Blood and a bunch of others.
Full list below...
The 2013 CMJ Music Marathon happens from October 15 - 19 at clubs all over New York City. As we've been tweeting about at @BVCMJ, tonight (8/27), the CMJ folks held an announcement party at Bowery Electric with live performances from Weekend and Magic Man.
They also announced their initial line-up for this year's fest, which includes Kevin Drew, The Long Winters, Real Estate, Obits, The Dismemberment Plan (Terminal 5), Pelican (who are playing both of our Invisible Oranges showcases at Saint Vitus), Jacco Gardner, Good Riddance, Godflesh, Eagulls, the Pendu Sound showcase, and many more.
We'll have a set of pics from Weekend and Magic Man soon, but for now peruse the full initial CMJ 2013 line-up below.
photos by Toby Tenenbaum
Of Monsters and Men @ T5, 11/20/2012
Icelandic band Of Monsters and Men's rapid rise in popularity is one of 2012 big success stories, as evidenced by two sold-out NYC shows at Terminal on Tuesday (11/20) and Wednesday (11/21). Pictures from Tuesday's show are in this post. Both nights featured openers openers Elle King and fellow Icelander Sóley who plays a headlining set tonight (11/23) at Rockwood Music Hall to which tickets are still available.
More pictures from Tuesday's T5 show are below.
Braids at at Pianos on Wednesday (more by Amanda Hatfield)
today in NYC
* Can Chase Dragons, Conveyor, Bouts, Royal Canoe @ Spike Hill (FREE)
* The Antlers, Kishi Bashi, Wild Nothing, Line & Circle @ CMJ Union (FREE w/ RSVP)
* Jhene Aiko, DIIV, Kitty Pryde, Solid Gold, Tashaki Miyaki, special guest @ Fader Fort
* Delicate Steve, Slowdance, Gold Fields, Diamond Rings (listening party) @ Knitting Factory (FREE)
* Turbo Fruits, Gap Dream, The Shrine, Total Slacker, Habibi, Bleeding Rainbow, Kera and the Lesbians @ Cake Shop (FREE)
* Kung Fu Crimewave, St. Lenox, Mal Blum, Bird to Prey, Go Love, Ben Pagano Band, Crazy & the Brains @ Sidewalk Cafe (FREE)
* French Horn Rebellion, Wakey! Wakey!, Zulu Pearls, Jillette Johnson, Shel, Anna Krantz, Gareth Dunlop @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Valleys, Beach Day, Bleeding Rainbow, Eternal Summers, Zambri, Moon King, Roommates, Chairlift (DJ Set), Surfer Blood (DJ Set), Baroness (DJ Set), X-Ray Eyeballs (DJ Set) @ Cameo Gallery (FREE)
* Mean Creek, Hey * Marseilles, Ribs, Sonic Cow Grunt, Do Not Forsake Me, Mellow Bravo, Bridges and Powerlines, Aunt Martha, The Day's Weight, Will Dailey, Golden Bloom, You Won't @ Bowery Electric (FREE)
* Hot Panda, The Intelligence, The Orwells, Rah Rah, San Cisco, Turbo Fruits, Twerps, Blessed Feathers, Dikta, Elephant Stone, Skipping Girl Vinegar, Tim Chaisson, The Trouble with Templeton @ Pianos (FREE)
* Braids, The Intelligence, MS MR, Toys That Kill, Metz, Doldrums, Savages, Sky Ferreira, Deap Vally, IO Echo, Murals, FIGO, Tiny Fingers, Blessed Feathers @ Public Assembly (70 N 6th St, Brooklyn, NY) (BrooklynVegan day party) (FREE)
Well we know you've already decided to to spend the day from noon to 6 at Public Assembly for the BrooklynVegan day party with Braids, The Intelligence, MS MR, Toys That Kill, Metz, Doldrums, Savages, Sky Ferreira, Deap Vally, IO Echo, Murals, FIGO, Tiny Fingers, and Blessed Feathers, which is totally free to the public (no badge required), and which will also have complimentary drinks from Sailor Jerry, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and Mercy (set times HERE), but in case you decide to check out other stuff during the day on Friday too, your (mostly free) options are above. Another What's Going On post with tonight's shows will be posted later today.
Don't let a little rain stop you from coming out.
Like the one that happened yesterday with DIIV, there's also a free invite-only Bonnaroo365 party at The Hoodie Shop with High Highs, Elle King, Daughn Gibson, and The Stepkids.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.