Entries tagged with: Erin Regan
Dufus' last show at Cake Shop in 2010 (more by Daniel Sieradski)
Manhattan's SideWalk Cafe is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, and in honor of that, they'll be having anniversary events all year long. The first of these will be the winter edition of the bi-annual Antifolk Festival, which will take place at the cafe from February 19 to 28. The 10-day festival includes a number of performers each day, and the full schedule is below. One of the notable ones is on February 26, the cafe will host Jeffrey Lewis & Peter Stampfel (of Holy Modal Rounders), who have a long collaborative history, plus Forest Creature, Larkin Grimm, and others.
Forest Creature is the new duo of Seth Faergolzia (Dufus) and John Ludington, and the Sidewalk Cafe show is part of their February/March tour, which also includes a Brooklyn show later that night (2/26) at Goodbye Blue Monday (1087 Broadway) with Chingching. They recently revealed their first track, "Beasly," a meandering antifolk cut, which you can stream below, along with a list of all dates.
Blurt: Do you ever feel like your contributions to Husker Du are overlooked?tonight in NYC
Grant Hart: This isn't thrown out as a condemnation of Bob, but I think that my fans know my material better than a lot of Bob's fans know his material. The reason I say that is every time I've gone to see a Bob Mould concert, someone has yelled out the name of one of my songs. When I'm out touring, I maybe hear that one out of five concerts.
The last couple of years of Husker Du proved this, but the larger your audience is the more dumb elements it's going to encompass. Bob's fans who never heard Husker Du, but heard Sugar first have more of a "Grant sucks" kind of attitude. I think with the popularity of Copper Blue, Bob ended up with a bunch of cowboys for listeners. If Bob and I were as competitive as our fans are, we would have never gotten past Land Speed Record.
* Peasant @ the Living Room
* Marit Bergman @ Sycamore
* Ronnie Spector @ BB King's
* Blip Festival @ The Bell House
* Garage A Trois @ Bowery Ballroom
* Aaron Neville @ Highline Ballroom
* Weston, Morning, The Fiendz @ Maxwell's
* Phantogram, Class Actress @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Lovepump Records (DJ) @ Insound Design Store
* Contact! w/ NY Phil @ Metropolitan Museum of Art
* Matisyahu, Travis McCoy @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Babies, Men and Women, Gary War, Coasting @ Ash's Place
* Grant Hart, Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers @ 92YTribeca
* World Atlas, Zoos of Berlin, Leisurely, Palmyra @ Cake Shop
* Eric Bachmann (Crooked Fingers), Sharon Van Etten @ Mercury Lounge
* The Slackers, The Alrighters, Red Baraat, 100 DBs @ Knitting Factory
* A Praire Home Companion w/ Norah Jones, Madeleine Peyroux @ Town Hall
* Family Band, Violent Bullshit, Nightmare Air, Weird Owl @ Glasslands
* Great Elk, Matt Singer, Beu Jennings of Cheyenne & Wynn Walent @ Union Hall
* Dream Diary, Phil and the Osophers, The Invisible Hand, Drunk Tiger @ Matchless
* DFA Holiday Party w/ Free Energy, Special Disco Version, Holy Ghost!, Matt Cash, Justin Chearno @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
makes a semi-rare appearance tonight Death By Audio IS CANCELLED DUE TO BLIZZARD.
TONIGHT @ THE STUDIO @ WEBSTER HALL
The legendary L.A. punk label released Go Man Go, KELLY's solo debut in 1989. Founded by seminal punk band Black Flag, SST was also home to such alternative icons as Sonic Youth, Husker Du, Dinosaur Jr. and Sound Garden as well as fellow Antifolk founder Roger Manning. The project was produced by the Violent Femmes' Brian Ritchie and fast on the heels of releases by Cindy Lee Berryhill (Rhino), Michelle Shocked (Mercury) and Manning, established Antifolk as a national underground phenomenon.flyer below.
With performances by: Roger Manning, The Folk Bros., John S. Hall, Erin Regan, Kirk Kelly, Debe Dalton, Lach, Mike Rimbaud, John Kruth, Jeffrey Lewis, Joe Hurley, Jason Trachtenburg and Paddy on the Railway.