Entries tagged with: False
by Wyatt Marshall
The Body at The Acheron, June 2013 (more by Fred Pessaro)
As you may know, the Gilead Media Fest is happening in Oshkosh, Wisconsin on July 18 - 20 and has announced a number of additions to what was an already loaded lineup. Fest-goers can catch black metal bruisers Barghest, get solid doses of sludge and doom from Kowloon Walled City and Loss, and bear witness to what looks to be UK experimental black/death band Lychgate's debut US performance. That's in addition to performances from previously announced acts Ash Borer, Hell, Inter Arma, Hexer, Mutilation Rites, Oozing Wound and more. The Body and Thou will be collaborating for a performance, too, which will be one that will surely rattle ear drums. tickets are on sale now. Look for two more bands to be announced soon.
Speaking of The Body, they're touring again and hitting Saint Vitus on 3/22. Still no word on advance tickets for that one.
Gilead Media Fest lineup below...
by Wyatt Marshall
Inter Arma @ Hopscotch 2013 (more by Karen A. Mann)
Gilead Media Music Festival has announced the first round of confirmed bands for the fest's second installation, set to take place from July 18-20, 2014 in Oshkosh, WI. Gilead Media label-mates Ash Borer, Mutilation Rites (who play Saint Vitus December 12 with Revenge), Inter Arma (who embark on a tour with Black Tusk soon that hits Saint Vitus on October 30), Thou and more will lead what is already a doozy of a lineup.
Two bands I'd want to check out would be Salem, Oregon's blackened/doom specialists Hell and Minneapolis-based black metal band False. Gilead says to expect around twenty-five bands when the full lineup is complete. Stream a track by False and see the list of announced bands below...
photos by Greg Cristman
False at The Acheron, 9/8/2012
False and Bellow are currently touring their way through the US, but took time out on a Saturday evening (9/8) to damn The Acheron. The show also featured appearances from Brooklyn's Mortals and Yellow Eyes, the former of which recently recorded new material with Kevin of Triac and while the latter was playing their third live show ever. Pictures from their performances are below.
Descendents at Roseland Ballroom, Sept. 2011 (more by Keith Marlowe)
today in NYC
* EMEFE @ Joe's Pub
* R.L. Boyce @ Barbes
* Nass Gnawa @ Zebulon
* Madonna @ Yankee Stadium
* Che Chen @ Issue Project Room
* Smokey's Secret Family @ Barbes
* Scot Gresham-Lancaster @ The Stone
* Raya Brass Band, Litvakus @ Joe's Pub
* Pink Reason, Foster Care, Noon @ Lulus
* DANCENOW Joe's Pub Festival @ Joe's Pub
* LadyHawke, Computer Magic @ Bowery Ballroom
* False, Mortals, Bellow, Yellow Eyes @ Acheron
* POP ETC, Goldroom, Gemini Club @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Pauline Kim Harris & Conrad Harris @ The Stone
* LadyHawke, The Misshapes @ Tribeca Grand Hotel
* Mikael Jorgensen, Minerva Lions @ Mercury Lounge
* Icon Gallery, Acid Problem, Shoxx @ Death By Audio
* Hopewell, Weird Owl, Dead Leaf Echo @ Cameo Gallery
* Dirty Fences, Nat Brower & The Power, Wet @ Cake Shop
* Giuda, Bootblacks, Livids, 45 Adapters @ Saint Vitus Bar
* Holograms, Herzog Rising, Heavenly Beat @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Octant, Ping Pong, Weird Children, The Youngest @ 929 XPO
* The Dig, Jangula, Mother Feather, Marvelous Toy @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Jus-Ed, Tim Sweeney, Mike Servito, Free Magic, Faso @ Glasslands
* The Ugly Club, Kung Fu Crime Wave, Edelweiss, New Beard @ Paper Box
* Rifle Recoil, Caged Animals, Give to Light, Rosy Street @ Muchmores
* Darlings, Grand Rapids, Your 33 Black Angels, The Waivers @ Union Pool
* Slaughterhouse, Freeway, Willie the Kid, Da Circle, Pharoahe Monch @ The Well
* Infinity Shred, Dunes (DJ set), Meth Dad, Dark Sister, 2 Ton Bug @ 255 McKibbin St
* Atoms for Peace (DJ Set), Rustie, Holy Other, Maria Minerva, Justin Strauss @ P.S. 1
* John Wesley Harding's Cabinet of Wonders, Sam Amidon, Todd Barry, and more! @ City Winery
* The Brooklyn What, Bambara, Celestial Shore, Osekre & The Lucky Bastards @ Delinquency BLVD
* Jello Biafra and The Guantanomo School of Medicine, The TV Tramps, Chron Turbine @ Knitting Factory
* Riot Fest w/ Gogol Bordello, Descendents, Hot Water Music, The Bronx, Screaming Females, The Menzingers, Larry & His Flask @ Williamsburg Park
The first-ever Brooklyn edition of Riotfest happens today at Williamsburg with Descendents, Gogol Bordello, Hot Water Music, The Bronx, BV-faves Screaming Females and more. Rioting starts at 3 PM.
Today is also the last Warm-up at MoMA PS 1, featuring Thom Yorke's Atoms for Peace on DJ dute, plus Holy Other, Maria Minerva, Rustie, and Justin Strauss spinning as well. It's sold-out but there should be some tickets at the door if you get there when doors open at noon.
We also recommend checking out Sweden's Holograms who will be at 285 Kent tonight with locals Herzog Rising and Heavenly Beat. Check out the brand new video for Holograms' "Fever" below.
Or you could go see Italian glam punks Giuda (pronounced "Judah" if you were wondering) who will be at St. Vitus. The crowd for their show at Cake Shop last week went absolutely nuts, this will be a fun show... and how often do you get to see an Italian glam band?
Or if black metal is more your thing, Minnesota's False are making a rare stop in NYC for a show at Acheron.
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.
DIIV have a new video for their track "Doused" and you can watch that below.
Woods, whose new album is out this month, have just released a video for their new single "Cali in a Cup" and you can watch that below too.
by Fred Pessaro // BBG
As mentioned before, Minnesota black metal team False will hit Acheron on Saturday (9/8), flanked by Brooklyn's own Mortals, False's tourmates Bellow and the great Yellow Eyes. The show is False's only area date and a rare, one, so make it out if you can. Audio streams are below.
A list of all suggested shows for the next two weeks, as well as a few audio streams, are below. What did I miss?
Louisiana black metal crew Barghest (members of Thou) and Minneapolis crew False will team up for a split due on Gilead Media on September 17. The 12" LP will feature three tracks in total, two of which come courtesy of the former, with the third being a whopper/epic jam from False. Stream the entire thing (in two parts) below.
False, who's monster self-titled debut hit last year (also via Gilead Media), will spend the tail-end of August through September on the road, tagging dates from coast to coast. The shows include a Brooklyn stop on September 8th at Acheron with Mortals.
All tour dates (the tour is still in the works) are below, along streams of the first False record and the split.
Justin Broadrick with Godflesh at Roadburn 2011 (more by Stefan Raduta)
Maryland Deathfest 2012 is looking insane with some killer additions! Names like Electric Wizard, Godflesh, Winter, Confessor, Tsjuder, Negura Bunget, Looking For An Answer, Haemorrage, and many others. Full lineup thus far is below.
Stream the new Thou EP, The Archer and The Owle, at Metalsucks. Members of Thou may or may not be in the band Barghest, who recently released their debut LP via Gilead. Order a copy via the label and stream it in its entirety below. Be on the look out for upcoming Thou dates on the east coast....
Gilead is also welcoming the new LP from False, a two song self-titled 12" of black-metal misanthropy. Furious stuff, check it out for yourself below.
Stream a new song by The Atlas Moth from their forthcoming An Ache For The Distance at Stereogum. Look for the Lp on Profound Lore in September, and look out for upcoming tour dates, including the East Coast!
If you missed it, From Ashes Rise will be in NYC on 8/15 with Full of Hell & Night Birds.
Tickets are on sale for the previously discussed Weedeater/Oxbow/Bison BC/Fight Amp show at Europa on 9/10. A reminder, tickets are still available for the previously discussed Toxic Holocaust/Holy Grail/Krum Bums show at Europa on 8/19.
Rwake is streaming a new song at NPR from the LP Rest due on September 27th via Relapse. A reminder, CT will be in NYC for the Slow Southern Steel premiere at Knitting Factory on 8/13 with The Gates of Slumber, Cough, and Earthling.
More reccomended shows, updated Despise You/Magrudergrind dates and a video flyer, the MDF 2012 linuep, streams and more are below.