Entries tagged with: GG Allin
Lucero at Brooklyn Bowl in 2011 (more by Andrew St. Clair)
Earlier this month, we posted a pretty eccentric year-end list from Todd Beene of Lucero and we've since received an even more eccentric list from the band's drummer Roy Berry. He called it his "top whatever list for two thousand twelve." It doesn't have one album on it and some of the items couldn't be farther from "music-related." But I don't wanna say any more about it because you should just check it out for yourself. The whole thing is below.
As mentioned several times (like in our recently posted New Year's Eve guide), Lucero are going on a short four-night tour to ring in the new year, three dates of which happen in the NYC area. First, they'll play Brooklyn Bowl on December 28 with Nude Beach and December 29 with Hollis Brown. Tickets for night 1, night 2, or both are still available. Then after that, they'll play New Year's Eve at Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, NJ with The Hold Steady. Tickets for that show are still available.
Check out Roy Berry's list below...
by Fred Pessaro // BBG
If you were wondering about the third band on the upcoming Wolvhammer / Krieg / Doomsday tour, you aren't alone. Doomsday is yet another project from Jeff Wilson, current mastermind behind Chrome Waves and also-guitar-player behind Wolvhammer. He'll be serving as a member of all three bands during said tour, and joining his Chrome Waves bandmate Bob Fouts for Doomsday, a new black metal project.
Chicago-based Doomsday is preparing to drop their debut EP on Disorder Recordings, a blasting whallop of a release that speeds along six songs in 20+ minutes and includes a cover of GG Allin favorite "I Kill Everything I Fuck." Currently slated for release on CD/digital on November 6, the EP's fury is evident in the first song to emerge from the LP, aptly titled "The Punishment" which makes its debut in this post.
Don't miss Doomsday when they hit the road this fall at the tour listed dates below (including 11/3 at Union Pool -tickets), and while your down there stream the new track, check out the album art and tracklisting as well.
GG Allin & Tesco Vee "Throbblehead" dolls (on sale now at Aggronautix)
tonight in NYC
* Momus @ Highline Ballroom
* Estelle, DJ Cassidy @ MoMA
* Here We Go Magic @ Union Pool
* The Roots @ Highline Ballroom
* Jenny Scheinman & Robbie Fulkes @ Barbes
* Keane & the Helio Sequence @ Wellmont Theater
* A Camp, Gentleman Reg @ Bowery Ballroom
* Nate Wooley, Dennis D Anderton @ The Stone
* Hull, Witches Tit, Flaming Tusk @ The Charleston
* Opeth, Enslaved @ Manhattan Center Grand Ballroom
* JEFF the Brotherhood & Turbo Fruits @ Death By Audio
* Sessions at Santa's w/ Light Asylum, Tim Dewit, Ryan Sawyer @ Santos
* Wolves in the Throne Room, A Storm of Light, Krallice @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* The Dig, Those Dancing Days, Five O'Clock Heroes, Jaguar Club @ Mercury Lounge
* Unwigged & Unplugged (Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer) @ Beacon Theatre (Spinal Tap)
A belated shout for...
Stephen Bruton, a real-life guitar hero who played with everyone from Kris Kristofferson to Elvis Costello, died Saturday [May 9th] in Los Angeles.RIP
The Fort Worth native was 60 and had been in California working on the soundtrack to Jeff Bridges' new movie, Crazy Heart, said his wife of 13 years, Mary Keating-Bruton.
[Fort Worth Star-Telegram]
Completely unrelated, but sorta cool: the GG Allin and Tesco Vee bobbleheads you see up there.
Keane and The Helio Sequence play Radio City Music Hall on Wednesday.
Momus is performing a three-hour career retrospective at the Highline Ballroom tonight; check out a poster for the event, below...
Thrones opened for A Storm of Light and Wolves in the Throne Room at Europa the other night. Video below...