Entries tagged with: Giuda
photo: Descendents at Roseland Ballroom in 2011 (more by Keith Marlowe)
It was recently announced that the Punk Rock Bowling festival would be happening in Asbury Park (June 10-12) in 2016, in addition to its usual Las Vegas (May 26-30) location. A few initial artists were revealed, but now the full lineup is here.
Asbury Park has Descendents, Cock Sparrer, FLAG, Dag Nasty, Subhumans, Agnostic Front, The Slackers, H2O, 88 Fingers Louie, Giuda, Iron Chic, Anti-Nowhere League, Off With Their Heads, Drug Chuch, The Scandals, Brutal Youth, Sketchy and Lost In Society.
Las Vegas also has Descendents, FLAG, Subhumans, Dag Nasty, Off With Their Heads and Giuda, as well as Buzzcocks, The Exploited, Dillinger Four, Flogging Molly, The Dwarves, Face To Face, Millencolin, Youth Brigade and more.
Tickets go on sale January 9 at 12:30 PM PST. Flyers for both cities (with who's playing each day) below...
by Bill Pearis
Italian band Giuda are back with their third album, titled Speaks Evil, which is out today (11/20). This one is a little less Oi!-style punk than 2013's Let's Do it Again, and more in pure '70s glam/glitter mode, it's more of their fun brand of rock n' roll. You can check out the video for "Roll the Balls" and stream the whole album via Spotify, below...
Giuda @ Cake Shop - 9/2/2013 (Keith Marlowe)
Italian band Giuda released Racey Roller back in 2010 and though they've toured a lot since -- including two visits to the US -- they have been slow to follow up the record. Now comes news of LP#2 which is titled Let's Do It Again and will be out November 16. Like Racey Roller, it's jam-packed with good time rock n' roll, somewhere between '70s glam and oi-style punk. It also sports cover art that looks like it's straight from a junk sale. (Whoever does their graphic design is terrific.) The first single from the record is "Wild Tiger Woman" and you can stream it (and its b-side) below.
Guida were here over Labor Day Weekend, playing Cake Shop on September 2 with New Bomb Turks-related Livids and Andy Animal's Cannibal Tribe. Belated pics from that wild show are in this post. Let's hope they come back sooner than later.
More pics and Let's Do It Again's cover art below...
by Bill Pearis
Hyperactive Italian glam rockers Giuda still haven't given us a follow-up to 2011's awesome Racey Roller but they are coming back to North America later this summer for a tour of the East Coast and Midwest. That tour wraps up in NYC show at Cake Shop on September 2 with Livids (who are fronted by New Bomb Turks' Eric Davidson) and more TBA. Perhaps they'll add another show while here? Let's hope so. All dates are listed below.
Giuda's stop at Cake Shop on last summer's tour was easily one of the most fun shows I went to last year, so if they're playing near you, definitely try to go see 'em. All dates are listed below.
And if you haven't checked out Racey Roller yet you can stream that below too.
Descendents at Roseland Ballroom, Sept. 2011 (more by Keith Marlowe)
today in NYC
* EMEFE @ Joe's Pub
* R.L. Boyce @ Barbes
* Nass Gnawa @ Zebulon
* Madonna @ Yankee Stadium
* Che Chen @ Issue Project Room
* Smokey's Secret Family @ Barbes
* Scot Gresham-Lancaster @ The Stone
* Raya Brass Band, Litvakus @ Joe's Pub
* Pink Reason, Foster Care, Noon @ Lulus
* DANCENOW Joe's Pub Festival @ Joe's Pub
* LadyHawke, Computer Magic @ Bowery Ballroom
* False, Mortals, Bellow, Yellow Eyes @ Acheron
* POP ETC, Goldroom, Gemini Club @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Pauline Kim Harris & Conrad Harris @ The Stone
* LadyHawke, The Misshapes @ Tribeca Grand Hotel
* Mikael Jorgensen, Minerva Lions @ Mercury Lounge
* Icon Gallery, Acid Problem, Shoxx @ Death By Audio
* Hopewell, Weird Owl, Dead Leaf Echo @ Cameo Gallery
* Dirty Fences, Nat Brower & The Power, Wet @ Cake Shop
* Giuda, Bootblacks, Livids, 45 Adapters @ Saint Vitus Bar
* Holograms, Herzog Rising, Heavenly Beat @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Octant, Ping Pong, Weird Children, The Youngest @ 929 XPO
* The Dig, Jangula, Mother Feather, Marvelous Toy @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Jus-Ed, Tim Sweeney, Mike Servito, Free Magic, Faso @ Glasslands
* The Ugly Club, Kung Fu Crime Wave, Edelweiss, New Beard @ Paper Box
* Rifle Recoil, Caged Animals, Give to Light, Rosy Street @ Muchmores
* Darlings, Grand Rapids, Your 33 Black Angels, The Waivers @ Union Pool
* Slaughterhouse, Freeway, Willie the Kid, Da Circle, Pharoahe Monch @ The Well
* Infinity Shred, Dunes (DJ set), Meth Dad, Dark Sister, 2 Ton Bug @ 255 McKibbin St
* Atoms for Peace (DJ Set), Rustie, Holy Other, Maria Minerva, Justin Strauss @ P.S. 1
* John Wesley Harding's Cabinet of Wonders, Sam Amidon, Todd Barry, and more! @ City Winery
* The Brooklyn What, Bambara, Celestial Shore, Osekre & The Lucky Bastards @ Delinquency BLVD
* Jello Biafra and The Guantanomo School of Medicine, The TV Tramps, Chron Turbine @ Knitting Factory
* Riot Fest w/ Gogol Bordello, Descendents, Hot Water Music, The Bronx, Screaming Females, The Menzingers, Larry & His Flask @ Williamsburg Park
The first-ever Brooklyn edition of Riotfest happens today at Williamsburg with Descendents, Gogol Bordello, Hot Water Music, The Bronx, BV-faves Screaming Females and more. Rioting starts at 3 PM.
Today is also the last Warm-up at MoMA PS 1, featuring Thom Yorke's Atoms for Peace on DJ dute, plus Holy Other, Maria Minerva, Rustie, and Justin Strauss spinning as well. It's sold-out but there should be some tickets at the door if you get there when doors open at noon.
We also recommend checking out Sweden's Holograms who will be at 285 Kent tonight with locals Herzog Rising and Heavenly Beat. Check out the brand new video for Holograms' "Fever" below.
Or you could go see Italian glam punks Giuda (pronounced "Judah" if you were wondering) who will be at St. Vitus. The crowd for their show at Cake Shop last week went absolutely nuts, this will be a fun show... and how often do you get to see an Italian glam band?
Or if black metal is more your thing, Minnesota's False are making a rare stop in NYC for a show at Acheron.
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.
DIIV have a new video for their track "Doused" and you can watch that below.
Woods, whose new album is out this month, have just released a video for their new single "Cali in a Cup" and you can watch that below too.
by Bill Pearis
Do you own essential junkshop glam comp Velvet Tinmine? Do you have fond memories of early-'00s Swedish rockers The Ark and still like The Hives but wonder what they'd be like if they were Italian? Do you like to have a good time? If you answered yes to any of these questions or are still reading this post, listen up: Italy's Giuda have just landed in the U.S. for a quick tour that will include two stops in NYC: Cake Shop on Friday, August 31 with Games, and then a week later at Saint Vitus on September 8 with Boot Blacks, Livids, and 45 Adaptors. No advance tickets for the Cake Shop show but tickets for Saint Vitus are on sale now. All tour dates are listed at the bottom of this post.
Giuda's debut album, Racey Roller, came out last year and is jam-packed with the kind of high-energy, rifftastic, crazy-catchy powerhouse stomp one associates with the just pre-punk days of The Sweet, Slade, and NY Dolls. It's a whole lot of fun. You can stream a few tracks via YouTube below. I am told on good authority that they are not to be missed live. So dont' miss them!
A list of all tour dates and streams are below.