Entries tagged with: Good Willsmith
Liturgy as a full band in 2009 (more by Fred Pessaro)
You may know that NYC black metal "transcendentalists" Liturgy have been touring as a duo with a drum machine, but they'll be reuniting with their masterful drummer Greg Fox (and bassist Tyler Dusenbury) for their first tour as a four-piece in a while. It's a short tour in the fall surrounding their appearances at Midpoint Music Festival and Pygmalion Music Festival, and about a month before that, Liturgy will play a hometown show at Brooklyn's Pioneer Works on August 23 (159 Pioneer St) with two Flenser-signed artists, Wreck & Reference (who have a new record out) and White Suns (ditto), and more TBA.. Tickets for that show go on sale Tuesday (7/1) at midnight. All dates are listed below.
The band are also reissuing their 2009 debut, Renihilation, on August 26 via Thrill Jockey, so stay tuned for that.
In related news, Greg Fox also has upcoming dates with his other projects, including an ongoing Guardian Alien tour in Europe and many shows in NYC. He'll play in Zs when they open the previously discussed Arto Lindsay show at LPR on 7/22, which Bigyuki also opens (tickets). Then, Guardian Alien plays Trans Pecos on August 1 with Good Willsmith. Both Guardian Alien and Greg solo play Hudson, NY's BasilicaSoundScape, and Greg plays another solo show in NYC on 9/24 at Roulette with Battle Trance. All of Greg's various dates are listed below.
Watch a full band live video of Liturgy from 2011, with those lists of dates, below...
videos by Maks Suski
As mentioned, Silent Barn has a new Bushwick location (603 Bushwick Ave) after being forced to move out of their 915 Wyckoff Ave location, and they opened the doors for the first time at the new spot on Sunday (12/30). The show was with Alan Watts, GDFX, Sugarm, and Good Willsmith. You can watch videos of the latter three artists, plus a tour/walkthrough video of the new venue, below. And if you'd like to help out, they're looking for volunteers.
Silent Barn has other upcoming shows including one on January 10 with Ed Askew, D. Charles Speer, Tamble Tamble, (of Guardian Alien) and Andy Boay (of Tonstartssbandht). The flyer for that show is below.
They Might Be Giants at Terminal 5 in March (more by Dana (distortion) Yavin)
today in NYC
* Phish @ MSG
* Kanye West @ Revel
* Stephane Wrembel @ Barbes
* The Fab Faux @ City Winery
* Gov't Mule @ Beacon Theatre
* The Felice Brothers @ Maxwell's
* Steve Miller Band @ Capitol Theatre
* Superhuman Happiness @ Mercury Lounge
* Alana Amram, Mal Blum @ The Ace Hotel
* Coldplay, Naturally 7 @ Barclays Center
* Martha Reeves & the Vandellas @ BB King's
* Dark Star Orchestra @ Paramount (Huntington)
* Howth, Creeptones, Erik Gundel @ Cameo Gallery
* Pretty Lights, Michal Menert @ Roseland Ballroom
* Punch Brothers, Aoife O'Donovan @ Bowery Ballroom
* MV Carbon, Trin Tran, Vinka Varna, X27 @ Cake Shop
* Sandra Bernhard @ Joe's Pub (early and late shows)
* Spring Standards, Taurus, Inland Traveler @ Glasslands
* Alan Watts, GDFX, Sugarm, Good Willsmith @ Silent Barn
* Machinedrum, Sepalcure, Brooklyn Bass @ Le Poisson Rouge
* They Might Be Giants, Last Car @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Afrojack, Diplo, Rusko, Bobby Burns, Leroy Styles @ Pier 94
* Smoke DZA, Vinny Cha$e, Slim Dollars, Kris Kasanova @ SOB's
* John Zorn's Annual End of the Year Improv Festival @ The Stone
* I Am The Avalanche, Money, Paper, Hearts, Sad & French @ The Grand Victory
* Baked, Two Inch Astronaut, Butter The Children, Ovlov, The Districts @ Big Snow
* Andrew WK, Big D and the Kids Table, The Blazing Beaverducks @ Ollie's Point
* Brothers Past, The Manhattan Project, DJ Greg, special guests TBA @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Cro-Mags, Sheer Terror, Rude Awakening, Brain Slug, Born Annoying @ Highline Ballroom
* Dave Hill, Josh Gondelman, Mike Lawrence, George Gordon, Ben Kronberg, John Flynn, Dan St Germain, Sean Donnelly @ Union Hall
Silent Barn is back with a new Bushwick location and they'll host their first show there tonight with Alan Watts, GDFX, Sugarm, Good Willsmith, and DJ Smhoakmosheein. Doors at 8, first act on at 9, $7 entry. And because they haven't got their alcohol permits in order yet, no drinking at this show.
Coldplay play their second of three NYC area shows and first at the Barclays Center. They play again tomorrow night for NYE with Jay-Z.
Kanye wraps up his three-night run in Atlantic City tonight.
Punch Brothers are on night 2 of their three-night run at Bowery Ballroom tonight.
The Felice Brothers are on night 2 of their three-night NYE run of the NYC area. They play Maxwell's tonight and Mercury Lounge tomorrow for NYE.
They Might Be Giants are on night 2 of their three-night run at Music Hall of Williamsburg tonight.
Dark Star Orchestra play their first of two nights at Huntington's Paramount tonight.
Phish continues their run at MSG tonight. Pretty Lights and Gov't Mule begin theirs at Roseland and Beacon Theatre, respectively, tonight. More info on those and other NYE shows at our New Year's Eve guide.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.