Entries tagged with: Gorge Washingston
George Washington & Saul Williams (more by Tim Griffin)
today in NYC
* Whiplash @ UCB
* Hot Tub @ Littlefield
* Brain Cloud @ Barbes
* Chicha Libre @ Barbes
* Butch Morris @ The Stone
* Commercial Interruption @ UCB
* Dave Godowsky @ Pete's Candy Store
* Marcia Ball, BeauSoleil @ City Winery
* Saul Williams, CX Kidtronik @ Maxwell's
* Mitten, Wishes & Thieves @ The Mercury Lounge
* Dan Neustadt of Northern Bells @ Knitting Factory
* Thieving Irons, The Famous Winters @ The Rock Shop
* Father Figures, Relatives, Celestial Shore @ Zebulon
* Reverend Vince Anderson & His Love Choir @ Union Pool
* Young Yeller, The Magick Report, Lips, Backlights @ Glasslands
* Parquet Courts, Beach Arabs, Red Lobster, Fan-Tan @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Graffiti Monsters, Shark?, Life Size Maps, Mala Strana @ Death By Audio
* Jenny Scheinman's Mischief & Mayhem, Nels Cline, Jim Black, Todd Sickafoose @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Artifacts, Jean Grae, Keith Murray, Masta Ace, Dujeous, DJ Stretch Armstrong, DJ Rich Medina, DJ Eclipse @ Southpaw
"Lolla Leaks" is indeed a FAKE.
Southpaw's last swansong before it closes its doors is happening tonight, boasting live interviews, retropectives on the venue, DJs and rappers. Read more about the final show, Masta Ace included, here. Watch a video of Sufjan Stevens playing Southpaw, below...
"Following last year's 10th anniversary, which crushed previous attendance records and set a new mark for the speed with which tickets sold out, the Sasquatch! Music Festival unveils its 2012 lineup which once again features 4 days of music. The festival, hailed as "a model of well-paced programming...in a four-day schedule as efficient and natural feeling as an expertly built algorithm" by NPR Music while Wired notes, "leave the landscape out of it and Sasquatch! has a lineup to kill for," runs May 25-28 (Memorial Day Weekend) at The Gorge, the internationally acclaimed concert venue carved in the basalt cliffs high above the Columbia River Gorge in Quincy, WA."The Sasquatch! Music Festival takes place, as usual, at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Washington over Memorial Day weekend (May 25-28). And this year's lineup is:
photos by Josh Darr
Flaming Lips / Modest Mouse
"Rockers The Flaming Lips have long had a reputation for extravagant live shows: Fake blood, torrential confetti downpours, animal costumes and comically oversized fists are all standard fare. The band's Sunday night set at this year's Sasquatch Music Festival was no exception, with frontman Wayne Coyne taking to the crowd in his over-sized bubble. Still, the band managed to make its big, flashy show feel like a more intimate affair.Sasquatch Fest ended Monday night (pictures from that day coming soon). Audio of many of the sets, Flaming Lips included, is archived for streaming over at NPR. Like Archers of Loaf, the Flaming Lips, Modest Mouse, Yeasayer, Flying Lotus and many others played on Sunday (the third of four days). More pictures from that day, below...
While playing the landmark 1999 album The Soft Bulletin nearly in full, Coyne chatted genially with the audience, taking frequent breaks during "The Spiderbite Song" to relate the anecdotes behind the song's lyrics. Another set highlight, "Waitin' for a Superman" -- stripped down to a delicate piano and voice arrangement -- was introduced as a tribute to departed icon Elliott Smith. Although the band was forced to exclude a couple of songs due to time constraints, it delivered a personal version of what many consider its finest album." [listen @ NPR]
photos by Josh Darr
Robyn / Death From Above 1979
The four-day, sold out Sasquatch Music Festival is underway in Gorge, Washington this Memorial Day Weekend. Maybe you're listening to it online? Here are some pictures from the first two days, with more from Day 2 HERE (and Day 3 and 4 coming soon). They continue below...
photos by Chris Graham