Entries tagged with: Hanson
Shellac @ ATP NY (more by BBG)
today in NYC
* One Ring Zero @ Joe's Pub
* The Black Angels secret show
* Charlie Hunter @ Cameo Gallery
* Blonde Redhead @ Tribeca Grand Hotel
* Hanson, Dan Black @ Roseland Ballroom
* Shellac, Helen Money @ The Bell House
* The Shake, My Dear Disco, Push @ Pianos
* Big Boi, Dr Dog, The Knocks (DJ) @ NYU
* Delicate Steve, Blair, Bluejay @ Union Pool
* Joey Baron and Bill Frisell Duo @ The Stone
* Hank Williams III @ Northern Lights (Clifton Park)
* Pop. 1280, Wizzard Sleeve, Daily Void @ Cake Shop
* Hot Hot Heat, 22-20s, Hey Rosetta @ Bowery Ballroom
* Pennywise, The Riverboat Gamblers @ Starland Ballroom
* The Do, The Paper Raincoat, Aislyn, Papa @ Mercury Lounge
* Dinosaur Feathers, Shark?, I'm Turning Into @ Bruar Falls
* Liquor Store, Heavy Cream, Grooms, Hunters @ Death By Audio
* Happy Birthday, Awesome Tapes From Africa (DJ) @ Brooklyn Bowl (free)
* Ladycop, Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers, The Vandelles, Nico's Gun @ Knitting Factory
* Altar w/ Sunn O))) & Boris, BXI (Boris & Ian Astbury), Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple
Tickets are now on sale for all BAM Next Wave Festival shows.
And Fashion Week is why Blonde Redhead is playing tonight.
Charlie Hunter begins a residency at Cameo tonight.
Delicate Steve continues their residency at Union Pool tonight.
Hank III does not play in PA tonight as originally scheduled. It's Northern Lights instead, and Music Hall of Williamsburg tomorrow.
A video of Helen Money performing live, below...
at the Seaport last night (HyperBeautiful)
Today (Wednesday, June 16th)'s free afternoon Sound Bites Lunchtime Seaport show with Ribbons has been cancelled. The reason is the weather, though, even if it was sunny out, it's probably for the best. The Seaport needs a rest after last night's hectic Drake/Hanson/Ninjasonik show where chairs were thrown, people scaled buildings, and nobody actually got to play more than a song. Some more videos from that chaotic scene below...
photos by Leia Jospe
Drake show @ South Street Seaport (more by Chris La Putt)
Senseless violence marred a Drake concert at South Street Seaport Tuesday night, prompting police to pull the plug on the show before the rap phenom ever had a chance to grab a mic. "Everybody was pushing up, trying to get to the front," said Tamika Johnson, 31, of East New York, Brooklyn. Johnson and her 6-year-old daughter were among thousands who turned out for the free show, part of a publicity blitz marking the release of the up-and-coming Canadian rapper's debut album, "Thank Me Later." "People in the front started leaving because they were getting crushed," Johnson said. "Then they started throwing bottles from the balconies." Fights broke out as rowdies tossed flower pots from the upper floors of the Seaport down onto the crowd on the street, said Jasmine Arroyo, 23, of Brooklyn. Arroyo said the scene turned into "a madhouse" as people on the street began firing plastic bottles and "any object they could find" at the flower-pot-hurlers. [Daily News]Video of stuff being hurled from Pizzeria Uno into the crowd (and vice versa), and a second set of pictures from the "show" (the first set was HERE), below...
photos by Chris La Putt
"dear lord, i hope the Pizzeria Uno is ok" - Isfet
Chris La Putt was on hand to see Ninjasonik play less than one song at South Street Seaport this fine Tuesday evening (6/15). As previously mentioned, not counting Hanson's soundcheck, that was all the music the giant crowd got to hear. Headliners Hanson and Drake never got to perform as the cops quickly shut down the free show to be safe. They potentially either stopped or started a riot. Taking their lead, Chris ran right home. His pictures (mostly from the point of view of the photopit in front of the stage), including more of the Pizzeria Uno acrobat, and a video showing the chaos (which doesn't compare to the video that shows people throwing things), below...
"Had to cancel the free NYC show today because of a crazy audience that was braking things at the mixing board. -Z" - Hanson (about 7:20 pm)
"Police are shutting down the show at South Seaport! I'm on my way anyways...Drizzy Hendrix Woodstock 2010" - Drake (about 7:30pm)
"Hope everybody is able to stay calm and that things don't get out of hand. Again we are sorry that we could not play! -Isaac" - Hanson (about 7:30 pm)
"NYPD will not let me go on stage tonight" - Drake (around 7:32)
South Street Seaport around 7pm - June 15, 2010 (AON_Boss_Casino)
Hanson is supposed to be on stage performing as I type this. Ninjasonik played half a song. Drake is... on his way to the show? Hopefully everyone remains calm. No riots.
Some more pictures of the action (update: HERE.. and) unfolding below....
UPDATE: this show didn't go as planned.
another free show at South Street Seaport this summer...