Entries tagged with: Horrid Red
by Andrew Sacher
FACT is still one of the best sources for cutting edge electronic music, and I always look forward to their top 50 albums of the year list, which they've just published for 2012. As usual, it doesn't only contain electronic albums.
This year's list has a good deal of indie rap (Haleek Maul, Schoolboy Q, Le1f, Main Attrakionz, Spaceghostpurrp) and it's the only non-metal list I've seen so far with Black Breath's Sentenced to Life (!). And of course, to compliment the dancefloor records, it's got its fair share of electronic-tinged indie pop, forward thinking R&B, and outsider experimental music.
Check out the full list below.
- Anonymous wrote: How many shows will be added and how low will they be day of ;)... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Annie and Cara... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: For once, Pitchfork said it best - this band is much more Bon Jovi ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Great songwriter and I've always heard that he's top class in perso... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: ACL Taping Austin 3/16... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: 10:29 FTW... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: if you stopped this from happening it would be good... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: not bad... [more]
- John Reis & the Blind Shake on tour, surfed with the So So Glos @ Saint Vitus (pics)
- Father John Misty played Rough Trade with Guy Blakeslee (pics, setlist, review)
- Napalm Death, Voivod, Exhumed, Iron Reagan & Ringworm played Gramercy Theatre (pics, videos, review)
- Jack White & Run the Jewels played MSG with guests Zack De La Rocha & Q-Tip (pics, videos, setlist)
- Pixies, TV on the Radio & John Grant playing shows together before Boston Calling, including Asbury Park (BV presents)
- Album release day officially moving to Friday worldwide
- Firefly Music Festival 2015 lineup (Kings of Leon, The Killers, Morrissey, Modest Mouse, Spoon, Run the Jewels & more)
- Pitchfork Fest 2015 lineup
- an interview w/ David Johansen aka Buster Poindexter (on the Cafe Carlye residency, NY Dolls status, Mitch Ryder & more)
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)