Entries tagged with: James McCartney
The Polyphonic Spree at BV-SXSW 2013 (more by Sarah Frankie Linder)
Progressive pop cult The Polyphonic Spree have a bunch of festival dates scheduled for this spring/summer and they'll also be touring around those fests, playing a number of club dates throughout the US. Those dates include NYC shows happening on July 9 at Music Hall of WIlliamsburg and July 10 at Bowery Ballroom. Tickets for those shows go on sale Friday (5/3) at noon with an AmEx presale starting Wednesday (5/1) at noon.
The Polyphonic Spree were also among the recent additions to this year's Bonnaroo lineup. Other additions include Solange, White Lung, Mac DeMarco, Black Prairie, Maps & Atlases, Royal Thunder, William Tyler, Cat Martino, On An On, Bilal and more. 4-Day passes for the festival are still available.
All Polyphonic Spree dates are listed, along with a full list of the Bonnaroo lineup additions and a video of the Polyphonic Spree covering Nirvana's "Lithium" at our BV-SXSW day party (one of our greatest moments at SXSW this year), below...
Outside Lands Fest 2012 (more byAmoreena Lucero)
The 2013 edition of San Francisco's Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival with happen at Golden Gate Park on August 9 - 11. This year's line-up includes Paul McCartney, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, D'Angelo, Willie Nelson, Grizzly Bear, Band of Horses, Hall & Oates, Foals, A-Track, Jurassic 5, Kurt Vile and many more. Tickets go on sale Thursday (4/18) at noon PDT.
This is the sixth edition of Outside Lands, and the full announced line-up is below.
The four-day Sasquatch Music Festival is currently happening this Memorial Day Weekend out in Gorge, Washington. Check out more photos below from Friday, May 25, including shots of Mark Lanegan, Polica, Pretty Lights, Santigold, and Girl Talk. More Sasquatch photos to come.
James Blake @ SXSW 2011 (more by Dominick Mastrangelo)
today in NYC
* Reggie Watts Radio Play
* Peter Garland @ The Stone
* Big Terrific @ Cameo Gallery
* Paul Simon @ Beacon Theatre
* Mandingo Ambassadors @ Barbes
* The Growlers, Ba Babes @ Maxwell's
* Vaz, Dead Rider, Bbigpigg @ Cake Shop
* The Steven Lugerner Septet @ Barbes
* James Blake DJ set @ Tammany Hall
* Yo La Tengo, The Baxx Sisis @ The Bell House
* James Blake, Active Child @ Bowery Ballroom
* Phosphorescent, Family Band @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Brenn, The Stationary Set @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Chris Thile, Michael Daves @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Deftones, Dillinger Escape Plan @ Starland Ballroom
* Velnias, Ruin Lust, Lonesummer, Ithi @ The Acheron
* Sleigh Bells, CSS, Mr. Dream, Seagull @ Webster Hall
* Princeton, High Highs, NewVillager, Ivana XL @ Glasslands
* Drop the Lime, Cubic Zirconia @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Malajube, Deleted Scenes, Pretty & Nice, Bozmo @ The Rock Shop
* Destruction, Heathen, Warbeast, No Remission @ Highline Ballroom
* Manchester Orchestra, Cage The Elephant, O'Brother @ Terminal 5
* New York Funk Exchange Rocks Off Concert Cruise on The Halfmoon
* Kill to Kill, Gross Relations, Raccoon Fighter, The Horehound @ Don Pedro
* D. Charles Speer & The Helix, Zachary Cale Band, Gray Goods @ Union Pool
* Robot Princess, Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players, Meshach Jackson @ Pianos
* Dinosaur Feathers, The Armchairs, Ball of Flame Shoot Fire, Horses Mouth @ DBA
* Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., Generationals, People Get Ready, Phil & The Osophers @ Mercury Lounge
* MATA fest w/ Corey Dargel, Angleica Negron, Dither, Cantori NY, Chris Danforth and the Danforths, Florent Ghys @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Prince Rama, Pikachu-Makoto (members of mems Acid Mothers Temple, Afrirampo), Quiet Hooves, Bubbly Mommy Gun, Mugu Guymen @ Monster Island Basement
James Blake is here.
Paul McCartney's son James McCartney is not here (or just not feeling well) (Rockwood Music Hall show cancelled).
Someone billed as "McQueen & Hall & Oates" is playing Rockwood tonight though. I'm not sure who it is, but if this tweet was meant to be a hint, than don't get your hopes up I guess. That said, I have no idea.
check out This Week in Indie
We're giving away tix on Facebook to tonight's Drop the Lime gig.
We're also giving away tix to the upcoming School of Seven Bells, Sun Airway, White Lies show at Terminal 5 on Facebook.
Floor appeared on Fox TV's Red Eye. Video below...
Steve Earle performed a song from his new album live on SiriusXM. Video below...
No word on how a giant vagina entrance, a bear suit, Wayne Coyne in an inflatable ball, Hulk hands and similar props will work at Carnegie Hall, but The Flaming Lips will join recent addition Taj Mahal at the 21st Annual Tibet House US Benefit Show on 3/3. The two join a veritable all-star lineup that includes Michael Stipe, The Roots, Patti Smith with Jesse Smith & Michael Campbell, Angelique Kidjo, James McCartney, and of course curator Philip Glass. Tickets for the concert are on sale via Carnegie Hall, while tickets for the concert and a fund-raising dinner are on sale via Tibet House directly. (Note: Do not expect a full set by any band - they usually play 3 songs each at the most, with a few collaborations and group sing-alongs).
In related News, Wayne Coyne recently talked to Spin about some of the Lips' plans for 2011...
First up, the band is heading to New York to cut tracks with synth-pop artist Neon Indian and longtime producer Dave Fridmann, and they're hoping to release the results on the fly. "We're going to do two or three songs with him and that shit should be ready to go pretty quickly," says Coyne, who posted a demo of a potential collaborative track earlier this week. "I have a couple of tunes that he's heard and we'll just do that shit and fix that up and fuck around together."Deerhoof is going out on tour soon, and is now playing Europa in Brooklyn on February 8th instead of Ridgewood Masonic Temple which can no longer serve alcohol. Tickets for the Brooklyn show are on sale now. Ariel Pink will be at Coachella and was just on Fallon. Neon Indian has one show coming up: Thu Feb 03 at The Palladium Ballroom in Dallas, Texas with the Flaming Lips.
Coyne adds that he'd love to do similar collaborations with Deerhoof and Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti: "I think everybody would be up for doing something. But a lot of it comes down to us fitting into their schedules. I can always sneak in on their thing."
Finally, Steven Drozd of The Flaming Lips recently dropped the score for The Heart Is Drum Machine, a documentary that examines music and human attraction to it. The twelve-track mostly-instrumental LP features tracks like "Born" (downloadable above, streamable below) and a cover of Elton John's "Rocket Man" featuring none other than Maynard James Keenan of Tool/A Perfect Circle. The film also features Drozd, Keenan, & Wayne Coyne, alongside appearances from Jason Schwartzman, Modest Mouse's Isaac Brock, Juliette Lewis, Spoon's Britt Daniel, George Clinton, and many others who all discuss their personal connection to music. The Heart Is A Drum Machine is out now on DVD and the soundtrack is out now on iTunes.
The soundtrack tracklisting, the film trailer, and that song stream are all below.