Entries tagged with: King Khan and the Shrines
by Andrew Sacher
Grizzly Bear at Terminal 5 in 2012 (more by Amanda Hatfield)
Grizzly Bear are still producing singles off of 2012's great Shields, and they've just made a video for "gun-shy," which was directed by Kris Moyes. Like their video for "Two Weeks," it shows their love of trippy, creepy body manipulation, but instead of warping their faces, this time they're picking their bodies apart with medical tools. Sick. Watch it go down below.
Like Deerhunter and TV on the Radio are doing in May, Grizzly Bear and Yeah Yeah Yeahs (who also like creepy imagery) are each curating and headlining ATPs in the UK. YYYs do it on May 4 and Grizzly Bear on May 5, less than a week before the TVOTR one. YYYs' lineup so far includes The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Black Lips, Anika, The Field, Dirty Beaches, King Khan and the Shrines, and Mick Harvey; and Grizzly Bear's includes Van Dyke Parks, the Walkmen, Tortoise, Real Estate, I Break Horses, and Cass McCombs. Tickets go on sale Thursday (1/31) at 9 AM.
today in NYC
* Make Music New York
* Gato Loco @ Barbes
* peptalk @ The Stone
* Phill Niblock @ Roulette
* Questlove @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Angélica Negron @ The Stone
* Anders Osborne @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Ab-Soul. Bleu Friday @ SOB's
* Snehasish Mozmuder & Som @ Barbes
* The Greg Johnson Show @ UCB East
* Daniel Higgs, Nass Gnawa @ Zebulon
* The Gaslamp Killer @ Knitting Factory
* US Air Guitar competition @ Bowery Ballroom
* Robert Glasper @ Apple Store West 14th St.
* Lemonade, Small Black @ Brooklyn Museum
* Deer Tick, Jonny Corndawg @ Red Hook Park
* Los Campesinos!, Yellow Ostrich @ Maxwell's
* Tom Shillue's Funny Story @ Brooklyn Brewery
* Bonnie Raitt, Mavis Staples @ Beacon Theatre
* The Canon Logic, Casey Shea @ Mercury Lounge
* The Deer Tracks, Snowmine, Nouela @ Glasslands
* G-side, Block Beattaz DJ set @ PIPS Table Tennis
* Fuckton, Tetryl Red, Rat Attack @ Secret Project Robot
* Zach Deputy, Bearin' Peace @ Rocks Off Concert Cruise
* McCoy Tyner & The Charles Tolliver Big Band @ Blue Note
* Paper Route, Halfnoise, The Echo-Friendly @ Mercury Lounge
* Shilpa Ray, Natureboy, Greene Girl, Melanie Moser @ Pianos
* Baby Erection, Yogurt Smoothness, Ritz Riot, Plant @ XPO 929
* Just Blaze, Jasmine Solano, Kasey Berry @ Santos Party House
* Saint Maybe, Wormburner, American Darlings @ The Rock Shop
* Future Of What, Like Pioneers, Yoga Pose, No Gold @ Cameo Art Gallery
* Darmstadt 2012: Karlheinz Stockhausen's Musik Im Bauch @ Central Park
* The Gate, Radiation Blackbody, Key of Shame, Michael Barker @ Death By Audio
* Eli Paperboy Reed, Lily & The Parlour Tricks, Zongo Junction @ The Bell House
* Low Fat Getting High, Wooden Teeth, The Happy Problem, The Renewals @ Cake Shop
* Not Blood Paint, Yellow Dogs, Osekre & The Lucky Bastards, Fan-Tan @ Littlefield
* The Shondes, Making Friendz, Ritz Riot, Bachslider, DJ Maura Johnston @ 285 Kent Ave
* Verbs, Alpha MC, Alaskas, Human Resources, Sea Glasses, Cuddle Formation @ McKibben Park
* The Fleshtones, Steve Wynn & the Miracle Three, Ivan Julian, Stupidity, Palmyra Delra @ Bowery Electric
As we've been tracking the recently-reformed Quickand's every move of late, we would be remiss to tell you that Walter Schreifels has been added to Tom Shillue's Funny Story at Brooklyn Brewery. Also telling funny stories: Bobby Tisdale, John Mulaney and more.
Deer Tick, not to be confused The Deer Tracks (who plays Glasslands tonight), kick off a weekend of shows that start at Red Hook Park tonight, and continue with Diamond Rugs shows at The Bell House and in Central Park.
Das Racist and Action Bronson played Red Hook park the other night.
Yeasayer released an "Official Vignette" for the song "Longetivity" from the forthcoming Fragrant World. Officially check out the "vignette" below.
Lemonade play Brooklyn Museum tonight, and you can gear up for the show with a very '80s video for "SoftKiss" below.
And last but not least, wild man King Khan has a new video for the King Khan & The Shrines' track "Bite My Tongue", which hit earlier this year. Adam West would approve.
The 2012 edition of MusicFestNW takes place in September 5 - 9 at 18 venues in Portland, OR and will feature performances from over 150 bands, including Passion Pit, Hot Snakes, Girl Talk, Danny Brown, Beirut Silversun Pickups, Dinosaur Jr. and Sebadoh, many more.
In addition to those previously announced artists, MFNW has just added The Hives, Flying Lotus, Wild Nothing, DIIV, Quasi, Moon Duo, My Goodness, DZ Deathrays, and Strand Of Oaks to the already impressive line-up. Wristbands, available various levels and packages, and tickets to individual shows are on sale now. Check out the complete MFNW lineup below.
FYF Fest. September 1st and 2nd, 2012WOW.
At the LA State Historic Park, Los Angeles, CA
Tickets are $77 and go on sale Friday June 22nd.
American Nightmare has two shows coming up at Webster Hall.
Full FYF lineup, in alphabetical order, below...
King Khan at Bell House (more by Keith Marlowe)
Raucous soul/garage combo King Khan and the Shrines have announced a few East Coast dates this summer surrounding their festival appearances, including a show at Bowery Ballroom on July 27. Tickets for the Bowery show are on sale Thursday (5/24) at noon. All listed dates, including North Coast and Bumbershoot, are at the bottom of this post.
The Shrines' most recent release was "Bite My Tongue," a '60s-sounding bopper that is one side of a split 7" with Mikal Cronin that was released on Bruise Cruise (yes they're more than just a cruise now). You can download that track at the top of this post or stream it below.