Entries tagged with: LCD Soundsystem
I just woke up from a much-needed nap that was the result of non-stop moving that went something like: LCD @ Studio B --> not-much-sleep --> family --> Monday blogging. Now I feel better, so it's time to say that, once again, LCD brought the house down (@ Studio B Saturday night)....
How was Webster Hall?
I never saw Studio B that packed - especially when LCD started (an hour after they were supposed to start which made it impossible for me to get to Manhattan to also see Dan Deacon) - it was PACKED. I started in the back, but eventually made my way up front where the dance floor resembled a mosh pit. My clothes quickly turned from dry to (sw)wet.
James made two things very clear:
1) He was drunk
2) The three songs at the end were not an encore. They were merely LCD Soundsystem going upstairs for a short break to ensure that they/he do/does not puke on stage.
* Courtney Love's Auction Nirvana
* Beastie Boys New Album
* Courtney Love bursts in on CSS
* Bad Brains To Release First Album In 10 Years
* Other Music Opens Digital Music Store
* Win Butler Fine After Surgery
* Arcade Fire played Coachella
* Arcade Fire Tour Dates
* The National opening for Arcade Fire
* Indy Weekly Interviews The Rosebuds
* The Rosebuds Tour Dates
* Al Gore opens Tribecca Film Festival
* Insider View on Tribeca
* "Chops" Showing at Tribeca Film Festival
* Music shows at Tribeca Film Festival
* Phil Spector trial halted by his lawyer's illness
* MP3 of Franz Ferdinand covering LCD Soundystem
* MP3 of John Cale covering LCD Soundsystem
* MP3 of LCD Soundsystem on David Letterman
* Yacht to Open for LCD Soundsystem on tour
* "Monster Mash" Singer Dead at 69
* Spinal Tap is Back!
LCD Soundsystem played Bowery Ballroom in NYC on Friday and Saturday (March 30th & 31st). I went Friday, and I wish I went Saturday too, and I wish they were playing there every single day because I think that was one of my favorite concerts ever - definitely one of the best I've seen in Bowery Ballroom - definitely-possibly the most people I've ever seen dancing and friendly-dance-moshing at Bowery Ballroom. Must go to Studio B and/or Webster Hall. Here's a picture from Bowery:
Planningtorock opened, but I missed them/her.