Entries tagged with: Ladies Night
photos by Lina Shteyn
The 2 Bears @ LPR
The day before Hot Chip's show at Roseland Ballroom, singer Joe Goddard and cohort Raf Rundell brought their 2 Bears party machine DJ set to Le Poisson Rouge (4/8). Opening were another DJ duo, Ladies Night (aka Liv Spencer of Still Going / House of House, and Geoff Renaud). Did you go? If so how was it?
By the way, how was Hot Chip last night?
The 2 Bears will be at Coachella this weekend, playing Saturday afternoon (4/13) right after BBC DJ Zane Lowe's set on the Yuma Stage. Ladies Night will be there too, spinning tunes before Jamie xx on Sunday afternoon (4/14, Yuma Stage). That's according to the just-announced, conflict-filled set times. Same goes for the second Coachella weekend as well. Hot Chip are playing too, of course (Saturday evening, Coachella Stage).
More pics from LPR are below.
Hot Chip at Prospect Park in 2012 (more by Toby Tenenbaum)
Astralwerks Records was founded in NYC in 1993 as a primarily electronic arm of Caronline Records. When they hit it big in the late '90s with Chemical Brothers, Air and Fatboy Slim band, Astralwerks became one of the biggest indie labels in the country. They've since been picked up by Universal Music Group and have expanded into other genres but they do maintain a focus on the electronic. To celebrate their 20th anniversary this year, Astralwerks will release a limited edition box set, Astralwerks: Music in 20/20, on Record Store Day (4/20). The compilation features previously unreleased or rare tracks from Hot Chip, Air, Diamond Rings, Kraftwerk, Kings of Convenience, Doves and others plus previously released tracks by The Chemical Brothers, The Beta Band, Fatboy Slim, Cassius, Basement Jaxx, Royksopp, a Four Tet remix of Sia and more. Check out the full tracklist and trailer video for the compilation below.
Hot Chip are on the festival circuit this spring/summer -- including Coachella, Primavera Sound, Osheaga, Lollapalooza, and others -- and as mentioned, they're stopping in NYC for a show at Roseland Ballroom on Tuesday (4/9) before Coachella. Tuesday's show is with The Crystal Ark (DJ set) and Tanlines. Tickets for that are still available. All dates are listed below.
Meanwhile, TONIGHT (4/8) at Le Poisson Rouge, Hot Chip side project The 2 Bears (aka Joe Goddard and Raf Rundell), who are also playing and touring around Coachella, play a a show with Ladies Night. Tickets for tonight's show are still available. All dates are listed below.
Tanlines, who open the Roseland show, are also playing Coachella and have other dates coming up including shows with Passion Pit and Vampire Weekend, but not Passion Pit's NJ show with Phoenix or Vampire Weekend's Roseland show.
All Tanlines, Hot Chip, and 2 Bears dates are listed, along with the Astralwerks album tracklist and trailer, below...
Dave Grohl at Deluna Fest 2012 (more by Dana (distortion) Yavin)
Toro Y Moi @ Mohawk in Austin, Nov. 2011 (more by Tim Griffin)
today in NYC
* Emuul @ The Stone
* Broad City Live @ UCB
* Jeff Garlin @ Caroline's
* Country Mice @ Mercury Lounge
* Joseph Moffett's Claque @ Barbes
* Sondre Lerche @ The Allen Room
* Cliffsides/Cenote Glow @ The Stone
* Dojo, Shopping Spree @ Silent Barn
* The Mandingo Ambassadors @ Barbes
* Hayden, Lou Canon @ Mercury Lounge
* Smoke DZA, Kids These Days @ S.O.B.'s
* Marc Cohn, Rosanne Cash @ City Winery
* Ludwig Persik, Cascading Slopes @ Pianos
* Little King, The Broken Stares @ Sycamore
* WIERD w/ Frank Alpine @ Home Sweet Home
* Toro y Moi, Wild Belle, Dog Bite @ Webster Hall
* Tim Dahl, Pigeons, James Tweedy @ Cake Shop
* Highlife, Pure Horsehair, Daniel Higgs @ The Gutter
* All Boy/All Girl, The Eggs, Modest Midas @ Paper Box
* Beecher's Fault, Lee and The Mumbles @ Pete's Candy Store
* Why?, Astronautalis, Dream Tiger @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* The Model Zeros, Sharif Mekawy, Victoria Levy @ The Grand Victory
* Big Terrific w/ James Adomian, Myq Kaplan, Streeter Seidell @ Cameo
* Ife Mora, Concertina, Teen Girl, Scientist Monthly, Jackpot @ Glasslands
* New Myths, Peanut Butter Lovesicle, Ben Kenney @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Summer & Evem Miko & The Musket, Let Me Be Bashful @ Bowery Electric
* Sound City Players w/ Dave Grohl, Krist Noveselic, Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty + more @ Hammerstein Ballroom
* The Chapin Sisters (are The Everly Brothers), Mike Bones, Austin McCutchen, Alana Amram @ Union Pool
Serious star power tonight at Hammerstein Ballroom for Dave Grohl's Sound City Players, featuring the Foo Fighters plus his old Nirvana bandmate Krist Novoselic, plus Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, FEAR's Lee Ving and more. Should be interesting.
Fashion Week continues, and though we're mostly ignoring it this time around, you'll find a flyer below for one of the many parties happening tonight. This one at Le Baron with Mike Nouveau, DJ duo Ladies Night (who are the very last act listed on this year's Coachella flyer), and more.
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.
Local Natives, who were just in NYC, made a video for their track "Heavy Feet" and you can watch that below.
What says "til death do us part" more than Slayer's "Raining Blood"? Check out video of a couple's wedding where the classic tune was used in a rather, er, unique way.