Entries tagged with: Lil Wayne
Also coming up: Kidz in the Hall @ S.O.B's, the 'Hip Hop Anniversary Tour' at the Paradise Theaterin the Bronx (with AFRIKAA BAMBATA, KURTIS BLOW, GRANDMASTER MELE MEL, ROB BASE, DANA DANE, GRAND WIZARD THEODORE, FORCE MD'S, AIR FORCE CREW, POSITIVE K, DJ HOLLYWOOD, LOVE BUG STARSKI, and DJ KOOL HERC), Lil Wayne in CT, and Black Sheep at Knitting Factory.
Craig Wedren & Nicole Atkins @ Bowery Ballroom, Jan 25, 2008 (music snob)
* Supergrass signs to Astralwerks
* U2's manager says take away your Internet
* Led Zeppelin may tour, but not yet
* Robert Plant talked/stuttered about MSG, at MSG
* Rap mogul "Suge" Knight named in gang crackdown
* Lil Wayne Addresses Drug Charges
* Arctic Monkeys get record seven NME nominations
* Imeem Buys Social Music Service Anywhere.FM
* Sony Ericsson cuts deals with 10 music labels
* Qtrax didn't make a deal with any
Super Furry Animals @ Music Hall, Jan 25, 2008 (Ryan Dombal)
DOWNLOAD: Busta Rhymes - Dangerous (Silk Remix) (MP3)
"With four hip-hop heavies in the house, any enterprising promoter could have staged a rap concert. But the house was Manhattan Criminal Court, and the rappers — Busta Rhymes, Ja Rule, Lil Wayne and Remy Ma — were there Wednesday on separate cases ranging from assault to weapons possession."...ALSO....
Busta Rhymes, whose real name is Trevor Smith, was ordered to return Jan. 23 when jury selection will begin for his trial on assault and drunken driving charges.
Rhymes, 35, is accused of kicking a fan, punching a former employee, driving drunk and driving with a suspended license.
Ja Rule, born Jeffrey Atkins, was told to come back Dec. 5. The 31-year-old rapper was arrested on weapons charges last July after police stopped his 2004 Maybach — a car that sells for up to $400,000 — and found a loaded .40-caliber handgun.
Lil Wayne, 24, was ordered to reappear in court Feb. 25. The performer, whose real name is Dwayne Carter, was arrested for illegal gun possession after he performed at the same concert in Manhattan as Ja Rule.
Prosecutors say police officers smelled marijuana coming from Lil Wayne's tour bus, and as they approached, he tossed aside a bag with a loaded .40-caliber handgun.
Grammy-nominated Remy Ma, 26, whose real name is Remy Smith, is charged with assault and witness tampering. She is accused of shooting an acquaintance over money and then trying to intimidate her. She was told to return Dec. 5.
Remy Ma, who has recorded songs with Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne, said she knew all the other rappers who were in court and considered them friends. [Yahoo]
* Da Drought 3 is a two-disc mixtape by Lil Wayne
* Stylus loves Da Drought 3 a lot
* The Carter III will be released in February
* the photo in this post in not the real cover
* Cat Power covers Lil Wayne (Hot Boys)
DOWNLOAD: Cat Power - Song To Bobby (new MP3) (via)
DOWNLOAD: Cat Power - Naked If i Want To (live in Dallas, 2006) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Bob Dylan - I Believe In You (live in Boston, 2004) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Eartha Kitt - Angelitos Negros (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Joni Mitchell - Blue (MP3)
1. New York (Frank Sinatra)The new Cat Power covers record is called "Jukebox", comes out January 22nd, and two of the songs aren't covers. One track is a new version of an old Cat Power song, and "Song to Bobby" is totally new, and totally at the top of this post for download. The song has some Dylan in it, and her cover of Dylan's "I Believe in You" comes right after it on the album. She also covered Dylan ("Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again") for the I'm Not There soundtrack, and she may or may not have played Dylan at the Beacon Theatre this evening (like she did at Lincoln Center in 2006).
2. Ramblin' (Wo)man (Hank Williams)
3. Metal Heart (Cat Power) (new version)
4. Silver Stallion (The Highwaymen)
5. Aretha, Sing One For Me (George Jackson)
6. Lost Someone (James Brown)
7. Lord, Help The Poor And Needy (Jessie Mae Hemphill)
8. I Believe In You (Bob Dylan)
9. Song To Bobby (Cat Power) (new song)
10. Don't Explain (Billie Holiday)
11. Woman Left Lonely (Janis Joplin)
12. Blue (Joni Mitchell)
Limited-edition silver foil deluxe package bonus disc:
1. I Feel (Hot Boys)
2. Naked, If I Want To (Moby Grape)
3. Breathless (Nick Cave)
4. Angelitos Negros (Roberta Flack)
5. She's Got You (Patsy Cline)
"That's Japanese for Fucking Awesome"....
Irv Gotti, Ja Rule, Lil' Wayne & Kanye West @ Beacon Theatre July 22, 07 (CRED)
Last night (Sunday, July 22) was the Lil' Wayne show at Beacon Theatre in NYC - his first real NYC show, and many of his friends were in attendance. Juelz Santana, Kanye West, Irv Gotti, and Ja Rule all got up on stage with him. More photos @ ryandombal's Flickr. News of how both Lil Wayne AND Ja Rule were arrested after the show, @ Gothamist.
Tickets are still on sale for Lil' Wayne @ Beacon Theatre on July 22nd.
pharoahe monch + styles p @ Highline Ballroom, NYC - June 29, 2007 (CRED)
styles showed up at the p. monch show to collab for "the life". pharoahe is on some street soul tip for this current tour with a live band. i'm feeling it, desire is my joint right now. [thisismecl]NEWS
- Even though we already know this isn't true, everyone is jumping on this story of Timbaland allegedly retiring, it's really just based on some off the cuff boasting remarks.
- A Tribe Called Quest's Q-Tip is hard at work on his upcoming The Renaissance album. Stream "WorkItOut" (real, mov, asx).
- In case anyone got the wrong impressions Cassidy lets us know that his upcoming album 'B.A.R.S.' (Sept. 18th) album is 'not church music'.
- One of my favorite rappers of 2006, Obie Trice is interviewed on XXL and speaks on his new work, the state of Hip Hop (who doesn't nowadays), and more. Interesting read.
- Prefix gives us a bunch of photos and videos of the Pharaohe Monch show at Highline last week.
- Master P's new clean lyrics album Gutta Music Allstars, and an exclusive track called 'Let the Kids Grow' is going up on AmieStreet tomorrow. Master P says,
As you may have heard, Romeo and I are taking a stand against the negativity in hip-hop because we all need to be responsible for our actions and the communities we represent. Similarly, Amie Street is out there making a positive impact on the future of online music by making it available to people in a new way and I like what they've got going on.More about that here.
- Public Enemy's Chuck D signs on with Tunecore for his digital distribution.
- The legendary breakdancing Rock Steady Crew is celebrating their 30th (!!!) anniversary with events from July 23rd-29th in Manhattan, the Bronx and a free concert at Lincoln Park in Newark.