Entries tagged with: Lone
by Andrew Sacher
UK producer Lone returned with his fifth album, Reality Testing, last week (6/17) via R&S. It's the followup to 2012's excellent Galaxy Garden, which brilliantly brought '90s rave into the contemporary world of IDM, and on this one those rave parts are toned down a bit in favor of warped hip hop and more ambient atmospheres. Hear it for yourself by streaming it (via Thump) below.
Lone has dates coming up this year, including a previously announced live set at Warm Up at MoMA PS1 on September 6 with an absolutely stacked lineup of Evan Christ (who plays Output tonight), Sophie, Forest Swords (live) and TBA special guests (tickets). He's since announced that later that night, he'll play a live A/V set with visual artist/collaborator Konx-om-Pax at Glasslands. It's a late show, doors at 11:30 PM, and tickets for Glasslands are on sale now.
UPDATE: It's a full North American A/V tour which begins in Chicago. All dates are listed below.
All Lone dates are listed, with the LP stream, below...
Warm Up 2013 (more by Amanda Hatfield)
Each year, the Warm Up summer concert series brings forward thinking electronic music (and other related genres like indie pop, hip hop, etc) to the outdoor courtyard at Long Island City's MoMA PS1. This year's shows happen every Saturday from June 28 to September 6 from 3-9 PM (doors at noon). Admission is $18 in advance or $20 day-of.
Artists playing this year include Evian Christ (DJ), Lone (live), Sophie, Forest Swords (all the same day!), Cibo Matto (live), Pantha du Prince (live), Dam-Funk, Dutch E Germ, George Fitzgerald, Martyn, Simian Mobile Disco (live), Cashmere Cat, Vatican Shadow (live), Container (live), Jam City, Shamir (live), The Range (live) and many more.
Full 2014 schedule below...
The Atlas Moth at Saint Vitus in 2012 (more by Fred Pessaro // BBG)
today in NYC
* Whiplash @ UCB
* Brain Cloud @ Barbes
* Chicha Libre @ Barbes
* The SteelDrivers @ Joe's Pub
* Richard Shindell @ City Winery
* Willy Moon, Condola Rashad @ Pianos
* Wyatt Cenac, Josh Gondelman @ Littlefield
* The Campilongo Quartet @ The Living Room
* The Dunwells, Daniel Wayne @ Mercury Lounge
* Frank London's Shekhina Big Band @ The Stone
* Nightspa w/ Turbotax DJs @ Body by Brooklyn
* Whiskey Shivers, Emily Danger @ The Rock Shop
* Mookie Wilson and Bill Buckner @ Gramercy Theatre
* Blood Revenge, Columboid, Noah Wall @ Cake Shop
* Alexander Turnquist, Eric Carbonara @ Pete's Candy Store
* Feast of the Epiphany, Diamond Terrifier @ Public Assembly
* Reverend Vince Anderson and His Love Choir @ Union Pool
* Redfoot, Quickly Quietly, Jessi & The Mechanics @ Glasslands
* Sunshine Soldier, Ashcan Orchestra, Little Women @ Big Snow
* Hannibal Buress, Taylor Ketchum, Kate Hendricks @ Matchless
* Dre Day w/ Cosmo Baker, Nick Hook, Egg Foo Young @ 285 Kent
* Gojira, Devin Townsend, The Atlas Moth @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Vassals, Various Cruelties, Tan Vampires, Old Abram Brown @ Cameo Gallery
* Jangula, Lazyeyes, Heaven's Gate, Haybaby, Grand Resort (DJ Set) @ Brooklyn Bowl
Happy Presidents Day! It's also (Fuck Wit) Dre Day, and Everybody's Celebratin'.
SXSW is coming. Follow @BVSXSW on Twitter.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.
UK producer Lone who released the great Galaxy Garden LP in 2012, has just revealed a new song, "AM Portal," which you can stream and download for free below.
Pitchfork just posted their Honorable Mention Albums of 2012, which they consider "20 records didn't make [their] Top 50 but they're not necessarily just Nos. 51-70." There are some similarities to their Overlooked Records of 2012 list that they posted halfway through the year. It also includes Frankie Rose's Interstellar, which did actually get Best New Music upon its release, unlike the other albums here. And it's got Waxahatchee's American Weekend and Jeremih's Late Nights with Jeremih, neither of which were reviewed throughout the year. Though they did review Waxhatachee (Katie Crutchfield)'s sister Allison's band Swearin', who also makes this list, and who (along with Jeremih) made Pitchfork's Top 100 Tracks list.
Full list below...
"Alec Baldwin will be in some rockin' good company when he hosts Saturday Night Live for a record-breaking 16th time on Sept. 24. Grammy-winners Radiohead, who last stopped by Studio 8H in 2000 with host Kate Hudson, will help Baldwin kick off the 37th season of SNL as musical guests. Radiohead's latest record, The King of Limbs, was released back in February." [EW]Radiohead releases TKOL RMX 1234567, a double CD of all the commisioned remixes for The King of Limbs via tbd Records on October 11. Full tracklist below.
The remixes all come from the series of twelve-inch singles the band has been releasing since July. The next one, pictured above, is out August 15th.
More importantly.... Radiohead in NYC on Sept 24? A US release on Oct 11? Let's hope that means live shows too!