Entries tagged with: Lyrics Born
The Outside Lands Festival, which runs from 8/12 - 8/14 in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, released their 2011 lineup in April (and now it's May, so consider this a catch up post). Tickets are on sale.
This year's fest will appearances from The Shins, Muse, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, The Black Keys, Phish (two sets), !!!, Erykah Badu, Big Audio Dynamite (who played Coachella and are also playing Lollapalooza), Girl Talk and many more. The full lineup is below.
photos by Graeme Flegenheimer
"It took Patricia Mudnich and Joshua Garcia two weeks, driving their RV about 3,100 miles in a winding route from Santa Cruz, Calif., to arrive at the Rothbury music festival in West Michigan.Rothbury happened July 2-5. Here are some (NSFW) pictures & videos...
Cool weather and a short wait in line after the campground opened Thursday morning didn't faze them in the least. The diehard fans of The String Cheese Incident -- the popular jam band which plays its only reunion show of the summer at the second-year festival Friday -- were all smiles.
"The lineup was so impressive, we could not turn it down," said Mudnich, 41, a high school English teacher who estimated the couple spent more than $2,100 on the long trip, including festival tickets, gasoline and side trips to tourist spots such as Yellowstone National Park and Mount Rushmore. "I used to go to these festivals all the time, but now I can only fit it into the summer."
For devoted rock fans flocking this week to the remote Double JJ Ranch from far-flung places across the United States and beyond, Rothbury has become THE summer destination.
Drawing an estimated 30,000-plus people again this year, many of the festival's devotees have logged impressive road and air miles to see their favorite bands -- from The Dead to STS9 -- with clusters of enthusiastic, colorfully adorned fans making the journey from Vermont, Florida, Texas, Nevada, Colorado and all points between in everything from compact cars and pickups to dilapidated Volkwagen vans and old school buses." [Mlive.com]
I was unfamiliar with S.E.L.F., but I'm really enjoying his new self-titled album (no pun intended), and even though from the look of the cover I thought I'd hate Brother Reade, I really enjoyed their album Rap Music. Here's two MP3's...
MC Hammer @ Wingate Field, Brooklyn, NY - July 9, 2007 (CRED & MORE)
Doug E Fresh, Slick Rick and MC Lyte also played the show at Wingate Field with raffle winner MC Hammer. Were you there? Media Junkie says MC Lyte "still has it". See for yourself when she plays again with The Roots and Big Daddy Kane at the Nokia Theatre on October 5th. Get your tickets HERE. All tour dates at the end of this post. More pics of Hammer at Surgery's Flickr. Slick Rick's next NYC show is on a boat.
The free El-P show this Saturday (7/14) has been moved to a bigger Urban Outfitters on 6th Ave (or something like that. To go, you need to print out the pass HERE.
- Lots of Wu-Tang Clan related news with the anticipation for 8 Diagrams growing. RZA speaks on it here.
- David Banner has some interesting thoughts on why a certain type of Hip Hop gets more play than others.
- Iron Solomon successfully defended his Fight Club title this week.
- KRS-One's son was found dead in Atlanta this week. He commited suicide after battling severe depression. R.I.P.
- Common, David Banner, UGK, Mos Def, Bilal, Clipse, Collie Budz, E-40, Cham, and Large Professor are playing the Live At The BBQ concerts that will take place in LA (July 12), Chicago (July 22) and August 4 in NYC.
- The LAist does a nice write up on Ice Cube's classic Death Certificate.
- "How youtube is ruining Hip Hop Beef vs A Rebuttal
- Ja Rule recalls the G-Unit Massacre.
Downloads, videos, tour dates & more, BELOW....