Entries tagged with: Magnetic Man
We try to keep tabs on various festivals around the world here on BrooklynVegan, many of which you'll eventually see pictures from. Today we focus on Belgium.
Pukkelpop goes down from August 16 - 18. That festival includes The Stone Roses, Bjork, Bloc Party, The Black Keys, Refused, Wilco, The Hives, The Shins, The Afghan Whigs, Lykke Li, Hot Chip, Feist, Flying Lotus, tUnE-yArDs, Chromatics, Cloud Nothings, The Tallest Man on Earth, Baroness, Ceremony, A-Trak, Rustie, Hudson Mohawke, and more. The full lineup is listed below. Tickets for the festival are on sale now.
Rock Werchter, which falls a bit more on the mainstream side, happens in Belgium even sooner, running from June 28 - July 1. That lineup includes The Cure, Jack White, X, Mastodon, Garbage, The xx, M83, Metric, Amon Tobin, Skrillex, Perfume Genius, Bat For Lashes, Michael Kiwanuka, Alabama Shakes, My Morning Jacket, Regina Spektor, Florence + the Machine, The Vaccines and more. Tickets for the festival are
on sale now sold out.
The full lineups for both Pukkelpop and Rock Wercher are listed below.
The Vaccines @ Escape to NY 2011 (more by Dana (distortion) Yavin)
Speaking of even more bands that NME loves, The Vaccines, who are twitter friends with Howler, and part of the recently announced Coachella lineup, just announced a NYC show happening two days after their second Coachella set on April 23 at Webster Hall. Tickets are on sale. All dates are listed below.
In related news, The Vaccines were recently up against Anna Calvi, Magnetic Man, Selah Sue, and James Blake in the "Newcomer of the Year" category at the third annual "Festival Awards Europe" which took place in the Netherlands on 1/11/12. This is who won at that:
And the winners are:All Vaccines tour dates are listed below...
Best Major European Festival - Sziget Festival (Hungary)
Best Medium-Sized European Festival - Off Festival (Poland)
Best Small European Festival - Haldern Pop (Germany)
Best New European Festival - Extrema Outdoor (Belgium)
Best Indoor Festival - I Love Techno (Belgium)
Best European Festival Line-Up - Rock Werchter (Belgium)
YOUROPE Green 'N' Clean Festival Of The Year - Melt! (Germany)
Artist's Favourite European Festival - Southside / Hurricane (Germany)
Best Newcomer association with Eurosonic Noorderslag - James Blake
Best Headliner - Coldplay
Festival Anthem of the Year - Coldplay 'Viva La Vida'
Virtual Festivals Europe presents Promoter Of The Year - FKP Scorpio (Germany)
YOUROPE Lifetime Achievement Award - Michael Eavis, Glastonbury (UK)
photos by David Andrako
Here are a few things that happened on Coachella Day 1:
- it was hot.
- lots of celebrities, like Coachella regular Danny Devito, were walking around
- The Black Keys, Kings of Leon and the Chemical Brothers were the big headlining acts of the day (all on the main Coachella Stage)
- people wore funny outfits, and sometimes NSFW outfits.
- people sinned.
- Lauryn Hill started late, but not too late (aka she still got to play).
- Cee Lo showed up very late, apologized, but acted mad he had to play a short set. He used that anger to give his set-closing hit "Fuck You" context.
- Odd Future predictably drew a huge crowd, and were joined by Pharell.
- Odd Future's set resulted in a possible broken nose (again)
- There were 20 arrests
- Paul McCartney was there, and along with Usher, stood on stage during Afrojack's set.
- YACHT played
- Many other people played, and lots of other stuff happened too, as you can see in the pictures below...
What were your highlights of Coachella Day One? Are you there or watching the stream?
Photographer David Andrako managed to catch 18 acts and other random stuff in between on Friday. His pictures from the whole day continue below...