Entries tagged with: Matthew Barney
Trash Talk in Austin during SXSW (more by Diana Zadlo)
tonight in NYC
* Todd Barry @ Caroline's
* Pat Metheny @ Town Hall
* Flobots @ Gramercy Theatre
* Inlets @ Permanent Records
* Jefferson Starship @ BB King's
* So Percussion @ The Whitney
* The Beets, Acrylics @ Brooklyn Fire Proof
* Visqueen, The Art of Shooting @ Union Hall
* Child Abuse, Orphan, Dead Body @ Union Pool
* LCD Soundsystem, Holy Ghost @ Terminal 5
* Rooftop Films w/ Frances @ Open Road Rooftop
* Immortal Technique, more @ Santos Party House
* Paul Metzger, Amen Dunes @ Issue Project Room
* Buffalo Tom, Mean Creek (early) @ Mercury Lounge
* Buffalo Tom, The Candles (late) @ Mercury Lounge
* Pearl Jam, Band of Horses @ Madison Square Garden
* A Proposition by Matthew Barney @ The New Museum
* Ecstatic Sunshine, Dan Friel, Starring @ Silent Barn
* Fuck Buttons, Oneohtrix Point Never @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Secret Country, The Defibulators, John Foti, Holy Moly @ Maxwell's
* Trash Talk, La Dispute, Cerebral Ballzy, Psychic Limb @ The Acheron
* Ava Luna, Nicole Hale, Ridgemont, Like Claws @ Bushwick Music Studios
* Alexisonfire, Trash Talk, La Dispute, Therefore I Am @ Bowery Ballroom
* Medications, Deleted Scenes, Paul & The Patients, Birthwat @ Bruar Falls
* Paleface, Hoots & Hellmouth, Among the Oak and Ash, Daniel Wayne @ Southpaw
* Truman Peyote, Many Mansions, Beach Arabs, Philip Seymour Hoffman @ Party Expo
* Malaikat dan Singa, When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, Numerators @ Death By Audio
* Archipelago w/ ACME & Craig Wedren, Corey Dargel & ICE, more @ Galapagos
* Outtacontrollers, Girls at Dawn, Crusaders Of Love, Foster Care, WLWL @ Cake Shop
* Wax Poetics party w/ Noel & Chico Mann, DJs Stay High & Tha Pumpsta (late) @ Glasslands
* Cotton Candy, The Smittens, Allo Darlin, Pants Yell!, Tender Trap (NYC Popfest) @ Don Hill's
* Baby Birds Don't Drink Milk, Silver Stairs of Ketchikan, Coasting, Earthmasters @ Shea Stadium
* Project Jenny, Project Jan, Swimming in Speakers, Carnivores, Sunglasses @ Monster Island Basement
* Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson, Savoir Adore, Botanica, Little Annie, Paul Wallfisch, Barbez, Services, Franz Nicolay, Lapis Lazuli, Black Sea Hotel @ Angel Orensanz
* Ingrowing, Communion, Flourishing, Backslider, Buckshot Facelift @ the Charleston
Killing Joke won't play tonight, but will be in NYC in December.
Naughty by Nature and Black Sheep won't play tonight either.
"In celebration of Wax Poetics' Hip-Hop Issue & Latin Freestyle, Kenny Herzog & Wax Poetics Present: Noel (of "Silent Morning" Fame) & Chico Mann (of Antibalas) w/ DJ Sets From The Original Whiteboy KYS, R.Kenny, The Pumpsta, Stay High." Tonight at Glasslands. Flyer and video below.
Arrington de Dionyso's (Old Time Relijun) new project (& touring band) Malaikat Dan Singa make their Brooklyn debut tonight at DBA.
Trash Talk play tonight. Early and LATE.
Pavement and Grizzly Bear tickets went on sale.
Matthew Barney is at the New Museum tonight. Some of his below...
Slayer played Kimmel! Video below...
"We first caught wind of this rumor last week and have finally gotten enough confirmation that we feel comfortable posting it: Avant-garde pop star Bjork and artist husband Matthew Barney are in contract on a rather phat pad in Brooklyn Heights. In the name of privacy, that's all we're gonna say and ask that commenters refrain from posting the address if they know it. Stick to welcoming two more world-class artists to Brooklyn." [Brownstoner] (via)That August 19th blog posting was followed by two blog postings on "The Real Estalker" that were posted the same, and the next, day. The first is titled "Matthew Barney Buys in Brooklyn and Sells in Manhattan", and the other is "Buy or Lease Björk's House in Snedens Landing" (a 2nd property upstate). Video of Bjork's possibly-maybe-former house in Iceland, below...
by Black Bubblegum
DOWNLOAD: Wetnurse - Not Your Choice (MP3)
The source argument of Malcolm Gladwell's bestseller The Tipping Point is that the smallest of sparks can set the world ablaze. Hailed as one of "the most vital music nights in town" by Time Out New York, Curran Reynolds is testing Gladwell's theory every Monday at Precious Metal, where the heavy underground can literally be found underground.... in the basement of Lit Lounge.
In addition to Precious Metal, Curran Reynolds has a few other balls in the air. He does PR for multiple heavy indie labels and beats the skins for his band, Wetnurse. This April Wetnurse signed with Seventh Rule (starter home for Akimbo, Sweet Cobra, Plague Bringer, among others). They'll drop Invisible City on September 30th (this Tuesday).
Invisible City is just that, an unseen metropolis of unpredictable left-turns and locals-only rights that only the most learned of metalheads should be able to traverse, yet catchiness grows like a weed through the cracked concrete. Stylistically, Invisible City reflects the diversity of Precious Metal, representing noise rock, metal, post-hardcore, and grind while never falling into the trappings of any single genre.
Wetnurse is prepping for an east coast tour in the month of October, kicking off with an Invisible City record release show at Precious Metal at Lit Lounge on Sept 29th (tonight) and concluding with an opening slot for the mighty Harvey f'n Milk at Europa on November 2nd (tickets are on sale)
We sat down with Curran earlier this month to discuss his party, Lansing-Dreiden, the influence of Steve Austin, and..... Tchaikovsky?
BrooklynVegan: So let's start out with the origins of Precious Metal...