Entries tagged with: Mia Riddle
Gabriel & the Hounds aka Takka Takka frontman Gabe Levine & band is releasing an album called "Kiss Full Of Teeth" via Ernest Jenning on 2/28. The album was co-produced by Gabe and Sean Greenhalgh of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and features a large cast of guest musicians including other members of Takka Takka, CYHSY and The National. The full credits are listed below along with the cover art and a song you can listen to.
Still need Valentine's Day plans? Gabriel & the Hounds play an early record release show at Mercury Lounge in NYC TONIGHT (2/14), and many of the same guests who appear on the album, and more, are expected on stage (such as Bryan Devendorf & Conrad Doucette on drums, the horn section from the National & Mia Riddle).
Gabe also has a UK tour planned for March. All dates and the other stuff, below...
The Hold Steady at Fun Fun Fun Fest 2010 (more)
Last month, we announced that Truck America is returning to the Catskills in September (the 9th through the 11th) and will be headlined by The Hold Steady and Okkervil River. The only other confirmed bands at the time were Ra Ra Riot and Wye Oak. The lineup has since been updated to include Fruit Bats, Vetiver, The Felice Brothers, CItay, Gary Higgins, Lady Lamb the Beekeeper, Takka Takka, Hospitality, The Low Anthem and others. Check out the full list below. Early bird tickets are still on sale.
For The Low Anthem, it's one of many dates they just announced including one at Terminal 5 with Iron & Wine.
Speaking of The Hold Steady, frontman Craig Finn posted to his Tumblr that he's making a solo album:
"I'm in Austin TX for a few weeks. Making a record. Staying in a friend's guest house. Got here yesterday. So far so good. I'll be tracking the progress here."He has also been tracking his progress on the Tumblr.
Check out the full Truck America lineup update below...
Tombs @ the Studio in 2009 (more by Jason Jamal Nakleh)
today in NYC
* H2O on a boat
* Robert Black @ The Stone
* Ute Lemper @ Joe's Pub (early & late)
* Leon Russell @ Mexicali Live (NJ)
* Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio @ Jazz Standard
* Forest Fire, Oh Land, Normandy @ Glasslands
* Scott McMicken of Dr. Dog, Springs @ The Rock Shop
* Diddy, Rick Ross, Ciara & more @ Governors Island
* Hannibal Buress, King Sickabilly @ Knitting Factory
* Miya Masaoka, Mary Halvorson, Okkyung Lee @ The Stone
* Reid Paley Trio, Sam Chanse, Sugar Life @ Knitting Factory
* Nullsleep, Bit Shifter, Glomag, NO CARRIER @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Tombs, Radiation, Planks, Gods & Queens, Dawn @ Death By Audio
* Chromeo, The Suzan, Telephoned, Kid Sister @ Williamsburg Waterfront
* Metal Rouge, Sam Hamilton, Jane Austen, Greg Fox, Diablo @ Silent Barn
* Seaven Tears (Charlie Looker), Tartar Lamb (Toby Driver), Music of the American Avante-Garde (Bracken/Kidambi) @ Zebulon
* Religious To Damn, Fielded, Psychic Steel, Kevin Hufnagel @ Bruar Falls
* The Big Sleep, Fan-Tan, Sensual Harassment, Replicas, Michna (DJ Set) @ Cameo
* Mia Riddle, Pearl & The Beard, Madison Square Gardeners (Farm To Folk Fest) @ Union Pool (see below)
* New York Night Train's Ya Ya Yacht w/ DJ Mr. Jonathan Toubin & DJ Ian Svenonius
* Saviours, Priestess, Ramming Speed, Antidote [NYHC 1983], Rorschach DJ's, Hamsoken, Gatekeeper, Cult of Youth, Naam, Titan, Natur, Snake Sustaine, Primitive Weapons, Cleen Teeth @ Santos Party House
* K Holes, Electric Tickle Machine, My Teenage Stride, Food Stamps, Weekends, Weed Hounds, Shark?, Lost Boy, The Runaway Suns, The Caterpillers (and much more) @ Don Pedro (see below)
A lot to do today for a rainy Sunday at the end of a slow week.
Individual tickets are on sale today for the 2010-2011 NY Philharmonic concert season.
To make sure they don't get shut down, tonight's sold out H2O show happening on a Rocks Off boat is going to be dry ("Our First Ever NO BOOZE CRUISE - Straight Edge on the Hudson!"), which is ironic since those that step outside will probably not be dry at all thanks to the H2O coming down from the sky.
Good thing there's going to be a Pool Party on August 29th. Otherwise they would have went out on a rainy note. If it doesn't get cancelled, Chromeo, The Suzan, Telephoned, and previously-known-as "Special Guest" Kid Sister play the free show at the Williamsburg Waterfront today.
Today is the day The Specials were supposed to play in the rain at Central Park Summerstage.
Though there are still free events, there are no more free concerts on Governors Island this summer, which means tonight's potentially-soggy Diddy fans paid for their tickets. Same situation for the Jonas Brothers fans at Jones Beach.
Two indoor options today include "Farm to Folk Fest" at Union Pool (3-8pm) and "My Endless Summer" at Don Pedro from 4pm to 4am. Flyers and more information for both below...
Field Music didn't make it, but there was a special reunion set by Pulsars, followed by the super duper Wye Oak who played before special guest Rumours last night at The Bell House in Brooklyn (12/3).
As advertised (at the last minute anyway), Rumours was a Fleetwood Mac cover band. Cover song experts Loser's Lounge made up the band and a rotating cast of singers came to the stage to play individual tunes. Those vocalists included Dave Hill dueting with Erika from Au Revoir Simone, Will Sheff dueting with Beth Wawerna, Matthew Caws, Britta, Sharon Van Etten, Wye Oak, and many more. The show was in honor of Bell House booker Skippy. Well, it was his birthday party, and he even came out to help perform "I Don't Wanna Know" with Mia Riddle. The full setlist (which did not include AC Newman or Eugene Mirman - both must be out of town) with a couple of videos below...
Rhett Miller celebrated his 38th birthday [in September], but it's pretty likely that the party had to start without him.Old 97's frontman Rhett Miller can be found at Maxwell's in Hoboken tonight/Friday (12/12), and then at the Bell House in Brooklyn on Saturday, and at all the tour dates listed below...
The bash, at his three-acre spread in New York's Hudson Valley, was set for the middle of the Dallas Cowboys' regular-season opener against the Cleveland Browns, and although Miller hasn't lived in Dallas for years, he clings to his love of the Cowboys and the Stars the same way he loyally clings to the Old 97's, the band he formed in Dallas with old friend Murry Hammond in 1993. [San Antonio Current]