Entries tagged with: Mikael Jorgensen
We already told you that the 2013 edition of Wilco's Solid Sound Music & Arts Festival will go down June 21 - 23 at MASS MoCA in North Adams, MA. The line-up has now been revealed and includes sets from Yo La Tengo, Os Mutantes, Low, The Dream Syndicate, Reggie Watts, onetime Miracle Legion frontman Mark Mulcahy, Neko Case and more. And Wilco, of course. "Early Worm" tickets are sold out but you can still get "Early Bird" and regular three-day passes here.
Full line-up for 2013 Solid Sound fest is below...
Wilco in Chicago earlier this month (more by Matt Zielger)
As mentioned, Wilco's tour brings them to NYC for three shows this month; July 23 and 24 at Prospect Park and July 25 at Terminal 5. As mentioned, Lee Fields and the Expressions open the 7/23 date and Lee Ranaldo Band opens the 7/24 date, both of which are sold out.
Since we last wrote, NYC band Cibo Matto have been announced as the opener for the Terminal 5 show, which is now also sold out.
In related news, Wilco member Mikael Jorgensen will be back in NYC for his own show on September 8 at Mercury Lounge with Minerva Lions. Tickets for that show go on sale Friday (7/20) at noon with an AmEx presale starting Wednesday (7/18) at noon. Mikael also plays one day earlier, September 7 at The Saint in Asbury Park, NJ (tickets).
May Day in Union Square (right now) (photo via Claire Bryant)
today in NYC
* May Day
* SWEET May Day
* 99 Comics for the 99%
* Bang on a Can @ City Winery
* Father Murphy @ The Stone
* Les Bonhommes @ The Stone
* Bird Dog, The Pawns @ Cake Shop
* Commander Cody Band @ BB King's
* The Shins, Real Estate @ Terminal 5
* Zula, Netherfriends @ Death By Audio
* Barry Manilow @ Radio City Music Hall
* Lower Dens, Matteah Baim @ Mercury Lounge
* Green Lotus Project, The Essex @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Doe Paoro, Rewards, Larry Gus @ Cameo Gallery
* Bob Schneider, Laura Warshauer @ Bowery Ballroom
* The Ryan Scott Four, Yula Beeri @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Suckers, Acrylics, Turn To Crime, Paper Twin @ Glasslands
* Acid Mothers Temple, Phantom Family Halo, Clang Quartet @ Mercury Lounge
* Hurricanes of Love, Invisible Circle, Con Tex, Fuckton @ Big Snow Buffalo Lodge
* Charlene Kaye, Theo Katzman, Alicia Lemke, Jillette Johnson @ Gramercy Theatre
* International Affairs, The Bowery Riots, Prospector, Pill-oh, Wigmaker's Son, Julian & Ben @ Pianos
* Jeremiah Birnbaum, John Craigie, Michael Daves, Aaron Lee Tasjan, Dani Elliott, Abby Payne, Aly Tadros @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Tom Morello, Dan Deacon, Das Racist, Immortal Technique, Bobby Sanabria Band, JD Samson's Men (Occupy Guitarmy) @ Union Square Park
* Diamond Terrifier/Kid Millions Duo, Mikael Jorgensen of Wilco, Silver Process, Robert Peterson @ Zebulon
Mikael Jorgensen of Wilco plays Zebulon tonight. Wilco is on the just-announced lineup of the XPoNential Music Festival, and have some shows coming up with Purling Hiss who play NYC next with Blues Control, and will play Prospect Park twice this summer.
Check out that crowd in Union Square right now. The possibilities for Dan Deacon are endless.
Happy May Day. There's a riot going on... as Commander Cody (who is playing BB King's tonight) sings in the video (with Jerry Garcia, Elvis Costello & more) below....
Greg Saunier & Liam Finn @ the Rock Shop (photo by David Wexler)
Tonight (1/30) is your last change to catch Liam Finn at the Rock Shop, for now at least. Tickets are still on sale.
The four-show residency began back on 1/9, and at least one person in the crowd drove down from Boston for that show. They wrote:
Finn cruised through two sets (see full setlists for each below), the first as just a man with his looping pedals while on the second he was joined by his brother Elroy on the drums and Jol Mulholland on the bass. In the first set Finn showed off his skills both behind the drums and on guitar, masterfully looping each instrument to create an astonishing amount of sound for one man.Deerhoof drummer Greg Saunier, who Liam played with at the last Rock Lottery, played with Liam at the Rock Shop last week (1/23). Face melting videos from 1/9 & 1/23, and the 1/9 setlist below...
The first set featured songs mostly from his solo debut I'll Be Lightning and his Champagne In Seashells EP, but Finn was also able to work out "Chase The Seasons" off of 2011's FOMO for the first time ever in concert (see video below). For the last two songs of set #1 (as well as a between songs jam) Finn was joined on stage by Wilco's Mikael Jorgensen. The musical chemistry between the two on "Don't Even Know Your Name" and "Lead Balloon" was nearly flawless even though the pair had seemingly had no previous practice time together with the songs....