Entries tagged with: Pitch Gussman Records
The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion released a new album, Meat and Bone, this year and we spoke to drummer Russell Simins to see what his favorite albums of the year were. There is some new stuff there, but a good chunk of the list is made up of reissues and uncovered lost recordings, and he's got some really interesting inclusions. Check out his full list below.
As mentioned, the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion will play a WFMU benefit (to help WFMU recover from Sandy damages) in NYC on January 13 at The Bell House with Jonathan Toubin, legendary Texas gospel funk group The Relatives (who also play Joe's Pub a day later with Debo Band), Dot Wiggin, and Di Dionyso. Tickets for that show are still available.
Russell's list below...
- Anonymous wrote: Best show of last year.... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Lots of very popular bands have cult albums, the Beach Boys probabl... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: LCD and AF are going to alternate days... The Panorama line up will... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: yes, 6:03 This is basically Ricked Wicky with two other 2 d... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: So is COC back to playing sellout Southern rock metal now that Pepp... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: should have done alt country... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: lotta white dudes missed the superbowl... [more]
- Tim Thompson wrote: Twitter Loves Our Pain... [more]
- Anderson .Paak played SOB's & 'Colbert' (pics, video, review)
- Bruce Springsteen played 'The River' & more at Madison Square Garden (pics & setlist)
- Oddisee, OSHUN & Tunji Ige played BrooklynVegan-Red Bull Sound Select at Baby's All Right (pics)
- Chris La Putt photo show continues; Basia Bulat and Nellie McKay played the opening reception (pics)
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)