Entries tagged with: Quincy Troupe
Trail of Dead at BV-SXSW 2011 (more by Chris Gersbeck)
today in NYC
* The Dan Band @ Gramercy Theatre
* Simon Amstell @ Theatre 80
* Super Hi Fi, Full Tang @ Zebulon
* Eli Young Band, JT Hodges @ Terminal 5
* Future Rock, Damn Right! @ Brooklyn Bowl
* The Hounds Below, Pomegranates @ The Delancey
* K'naan, City of the Sun @ Highline Ballroom
* Ash, Reputante, ANML @ Knitting Factory
* Ethan Lipton & His Orchestra @ Joe's Pub
* Phil Lesh & Friends @ The Capitol Theatre
* Ani DiFranco @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Grace Potter & the Nocturnals @ Beacon Theatre
* High Highs, Snowmine @ Mercury Lounge
* Mike Cooley (of Drive-By Truckers) @ Slipper Room
* The Death Set, Deathface, No Way @ Cameo Gallery
* Banning Eyre, Sam Dickey, Luke Quaranta @ Barbes
* Start Making Sense, The Great White Caps @ The Bell House
* Phutureprimitive, Space Jesus, Soulacybin @ Glasslands Gallery
* Liam Finn, Reuben and the Dark @ Glasslands Gallery
* Spirit Family Reunion, Adam Arcuragi @ Mercury Lounge
* Blondes, Maxmillion Dunbar, Holly Herndon @ 285 Kent
* Bassnectar, Gramatik, Gladkill @ The Wellmont Theatre
* Extreme Animals, Eric Copeland @ Secret Project Robot
* Mind Over Mirrors + Miguel Gutierrez @ Issue Project Room
* Midnight Magic, Something In Spanish, DJ Scribe @ Cameo Gallery
* Neon Piss, Shoxx, Nuclear Spring, Survival @ Death By Audio
* Viva Mayday, Chainwave, Johanna Glaza, The Veevees @ The Bowery Electric
* Vassals, T.H.E.M., Blank Paper, Little Racer @ Paper Box
* The Everymen, The Brooklyn What, The Skipjack @ Saint Vitus
* Lamb of God, In Flames, Sylosis, Hatebreed @ Roseland Ballroom
* Dr. John and The Blind Boys of Alabama @ Bergen Performing Arts Center
* Naomi Punk, G Green, Parquet Courts, Psychic Blood @ 285 Kent
* Taking Back Sunday, Bayside, The Menzingers @ Best Buy Theatre
* Radical Dads, Dinosaur Feathers, Laser Background, Dead Stars @ Big Snow
* Gold Streets, The Suicide Dolls, Passenger Peru, Thick Voltage @ Union Pool
* Friend Roulette, Flying Pace, Bright Brown, Katie Mullins @ Union Hall
* Eastern Hollows, Doubting Thomas Cruise Control, The National Rifle, Dances @ Cake Shop
* Dan Deacon, Height With Friends, Chester Endersby Gwazda, Alan Resnick @ Bowery Ballroom
* ..And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, The Coathangers, Hussle Club @ Irving Plaza
* Kool A.D., The Underachievers, Aaron Cohen, Kosha Dillz, Johnny Voltik, Chaz Van Queen, Illustrate & Niyre, DJ Obey City @ Littlefield
* John Wesley Harding's Cabinet of Wonders w/ Steve Earle, Loudon Wainwright III, Alec Ounsworth, Quincy Troupe, Gary Shteyngart, Mike Scott and Steve Wickham of the Waterboys @ City Winery
* #SandySucks w/ Flufftronix, Dirtyfinger, Cousin Cole, Tony Quattro, Tanner Caldwell, Furoche, Wckids, Don Cerati, Alt+Beast, Joey G, Skyway @ Public Assembly
The guests for John Wesley Harding's Cabinet of Wonders show at City Winery tonight include Steve Earle, Loudon Wainwright III, Alec Ounsworth, Quincy Troupe, Gary Shteyngart, Mike Scott and Steve Wickham of the Waterboys.
Check out Neon Piss at Death by Audio tonight with Shoxx, Nuclear Spring, and Survival.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.
Jamie Lidell will release a self titled album on February 19 via Warp. Check out the awesome lead single, "What A Shame," below.
Yo La Tengo have some visual accompaniment for "Before We Run," the first single off their upcoming album, Fade. Check it out below.
Rhett Miller at MHOW, October 2012 (more by Dominick Mastrangelo)
Rhett Miller has only a sprinkle of dates scheduled from now until the early portion of 2013, but that does include a stop on January 9th, 2013 at City Winery. Tickets are on sale for the NYC show and for a December show at City Winery in Chicago. Rehtt Miller recently celebrated the 15th anniversary of Too Far to Care with his band The Old 97s on tour and at Music Hall of Williamsburg and Webster Hall.
In other City Winery news, John Wesley Harding returns with another set of Cabinet of Wonders variety shows, his guest-filled appearances that usually go down at City Winery now. The November 16th show will feature appearances from Steve Earle, Loudon Wainwright III, Alec Ounsworth of Clap Your Hands Say YEah, Quincy Troupe, Gary Shteyngart, Mike Scott and Steve Wickham of the Waterboys (tickets) while the December 16th show will feature Josh Ferris, Colum McCann, Eugene Mirman and The Silver Ages. John Wesley Harding & the English UK recently dropped the "Making Love to Bob Dylan" single, which is available now via iTunes.
The hits at City Winery continue with Polaris Shortlister Kathleen Edwards. Edwards will spend the tail end of this year in Europe, travelling the first half of December in the UK, Scandanavia and beyond. The US gets very little love at the moment, but there are two NYC dates scheduled in the tail-end part of January so far. Look for the Canadian songwriter on 1/30 and 1/31. Tickets are on sale.
And last, but certainly not least, Alejandro Escovedo also has a limited number of East Coast dates scheduled as well. Dates in Texas dominate his schedule thus far but a stop in Evanston, IL for New Year's Eve and City Winery in NYC are in the crosshairs, with 1/18 and 1/19 scheduled for the guitarist. Tickets are on sale.
Other tour dates and some videos below.