Entries tagged with: Radiolab
We already told you that the 2013 edition of Wilco's Solid Sound Music & Arts Festival will go down June 21 - 23 at MASS MoCA in North Adams, MA. The line-up has now been revealed and includes sets from Yo La Tengo, Os Mutantes, Low, The Dream Syndicate, Reggie Watts, onetime Miracle Legion frontman Mark Mulcahy, Neko Case and more. And Wilco, of course. "Early Worm" tickets are sold out but you can still get "Early Bird" and regular three-day passes here.
Full line-up for 2013 Solid Sound fest is below...
Schoolboy Q last night @ Summerstage (more by Chris La Putt)
today in NYC
* Balkan Tales @ Barbes
* Dapplegray @ The Stone
* Silver Apples @ BAM
* Simon Amstell @ SWEET
* Kat Edmonson @ Joe's Pub
* Slavic Soul Party @ Barbes
* Deviant Septet @ The Stone
* Radiolab Live: In the Dark @ BAM
* Anna Ternheim @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Marc Ribot Trio @ Village Vanguard
* moe. @ Beekman Beer Garden
* Portland Cello Project @ City Winery
* Silver Apples @ Brooklyn Academy of Music
* Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Wellmont Theatre
* Beat Culture, Psychobuildings, Diavel @ Cameo
* Radiolab Live w/ Demetri Martin & Thao Nguyen @ BAM
* Dave Hill, Rachel Dratch, Michael Kupperman @ Housing Works
* Comic Book Club Live w/ Kurt Braunohler, Amanda Palmer @ Fontana's
* Suzanne Vega, Gabriel Kahane @ Rockefeller Park
* Jesse Boykins III @ Apple Store West 14th Street
* Grooms, Numerators, Noon, Neighbors @ Death By Audio
* Donora, Teammate, Starlight Girls, Bluejay @ Glasslands
* HITS, Hussle Club, Slam Donahue, Pompeya @ Mercury Lounge
* The Bottom Dollars, The Nuclears, The Hollows @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Municipal Waste, 3 Inches of Blood, Black Tusk @ Santos Party House
* Childish Gambino, Danny Brown, Schoolboy Q @ Prospect Park Bandshell
* Emily's Army, House Boat, Mixtapes, Lipstick Homicide, City Mouse @ Knitting Factory
* Diamond Terrifier presents Max Alper, Irene Moon, David Shapiro, Eric Beach/Evan Lipson, DJ Dutch E. Germ @ Zebulon
* Workmen's Circle Yiddishfest w/ Klexmatics, SoCalles & more @ Central Park Summerstage
WNYC/NPR show Radiolab has taken its show on the road, performing "Radiolab: Live in the Dark" around the country and has returned to NYC for a two-night stint at BAM tonight (6/26) and tomorrow (6/27). In addition to hosts Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, the BAM shows -- like a few of the dates on this tour -- include Demetri Martin and Thao Ngyen. Both shows are sold out (but where there's a will there's a way). "Radiolab: Live in the Dark" comes to Philadelphia on Friday and there's a Chicago date in September.
(In addition to her appearances as part of Radiolab, Thao Ngyen is playing a free show at The Satellite in L.A. on July 13.)
While on the subject of BAM, Silver Apples' Simeon Coxe performs tonight in BAMcinemaFEST Lounge immediately after the screening (and Q&A) of Radio Unnamable.
Meanwhile, Thao Ngyen collaborators and tourmates the Portland Cello Project play the Hudson Square Music Festival's kickoff event tonight (6/26) which is free and open to the public. The PCP played Housing Works Bookstore last night.
Speaking of Housing Works, Dave Hill is there tonight talking up his new book Tasteful Nudes with help from Rachel Dratch and Michael Kupperman.
Speaking of summer NYC series', Lincoln Center's Midsummer Night Swing series kicks off tonight (6/26) with The Nelson Riddie Orchestra, and continues through July 14.
Jens Lekman, who's playing Terminal 5 in October, just released the video for his single "Erica America" and you can watch it below.
Diamond Rings, not to be confused with Diamond Rugs who played Letterman last night, has a new video you can watch below...
Alabama Shakes, who played Summerstage with Diamond Rugs, was on Fallon last night. Video below...
Buke & Gass at MHOW in May (more by Amanda Hatfield)
We forgot a show in our recent roundup of Wilco-related happenings.
Jad Abumrad of Radiolab is hosting Radiolab Concerts: Curious Sounds on Saturday (6/18) at the NYU Skirball Center. The event will feature Wilco drummer Glenn Kotche (Wilco), Buke & Gass, and a "special mystery performer" (anyone know who it is?). Abumrad will discuss music and sound with the guests, in addition to a performance by each one. Tickets are on sale now and you can save $5 by using the code "radiolab." Flyer below.
As previously mentioned, John Stirratt and Pat Sansone of Wilco play a show at the Living Room the same day as Glenn's show, and Nels Cline plays a show at Blue Note the night before, late the night before, after midnight actually (so also technically Saturday). That's a lot of Wilco in NYC on Saturday.
For Buke & Gass the NYU show happens right before they leave for a tour of Europe. While over there they'll play at least one show with their Metallica-collaborating friend Lou Reed who plays as part of a free show in Prospect Park tonight (6/16). Buke & Gass play a free show in Prospect Park in August with Ra Ra Riot and Delicate Steve. All of their dates below...