Entries tagged with: Reg Presley
by Bill Pearis
Presley (bottom) with The Troggs
Reg Presley, lead singer of The Troggs, lost his battle with lung cancer over the weekend reports news agency WENN. He was 71. Though best known for garage rock touchstone "Wild Thing," The Troggs were expert pop craftsmen with a long list of great songs like "With a Girl Like You," "I Can't Control Myself" and "Love is All Around" to name three. The latter is the title track of their 1968 album which is a bonafide classic.
The Troggs were a big influence on '80s college rock bands, and in 1992, the band made a comeback with Athens Andover with help from R.E.M. and The dB's. It's a great record too. We'll miss you, Reg. Rest in peace.
A few Troggs promotional clips are below.
- Anonymous wrote: Wayne Coyne + His Midlife Crisis ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: 1:04 / 5:46 sounds like the kind of person that just got called the... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: A brilliant example of why all people in this profoundly dangerous ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: I <3 adult contemporary chillwave with edm familiar samples occa... [more]
- Indian Mehndi Design 2016 wrote: Best fashion of Indian Mehndi Design 2016 for women. ... [more]
- ABL Online Banking wrote: Get ABL Online Banking in Pakistan.Allied Bank Limited is avail net... [more]
- Thebank pk wrote: Thebank pk for online banking information in Pakistan. ... [more]
- Deepika Padukone HD wallpapers wrote: Get free Deepika Padukone HD wallpapers online. ... [more]
- A guide to NYC holiday concerts and events
- listen to BrooklynVegan's "Spotify In Residence" show
- John Lydon of Public Image Ltd & Sex Pistols talks survival, punk rock, celebrity DJs, beards & more (a BV interview)
- EL VY's Matt Berninger (The National) and Brent Knopf (Menomena) on Melodrama, Birthday Cake, and Legos
- Frodus talk And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea reissue, Fueled By Ramen, Death by Audio & more ++ stream a demo
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)