Entries tagged with: Retox
Total Control @ FFF Fest 2011 (more by Fred Pessaro)
Chain & the Gang @ Secret Project Robot 2011 (more by Harriet Roberts)
today in NYC
* Anciients, Family @ Saint Vitus
* Sua, Advaeta @ Cameo Gallery
* Will McEvoy's Mutsam @ Barbes
* Joshua Radin @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Amaan & Ayaan Ali Khan @ Joe's Pub
* The Mandingo Ambassadors @ Barbes
* The Westerlies Play Horvitz @ The Stone
* Lydia Ainsworth, Solar Year @ Cake Shop
* Brother Tiger, pacificUV @ The Rock Shop
* Big Terrific Comedy Show @ Cameo Gallery
* So So Glos, Pedico @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* Stalley, Riff Raff, Smoke DZA, DJ Getlive @ Coco 66
* Korn, Device, Love and Death @ The Wellmont Theatre
* Rotten Sound, Hellshock, Kromosom, Nomad @ Acheron
* yMusic, Amanda Holley, Dan Mills @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Of Montreal, The Wild Moccasins @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Royal Bangs, We Are The Wilderness, Blue & Red @ Glasslands
* Grand Resort, BOYTOY, Orca Orca, HOUNDSds @ Shea Stadium
* Eat Skull, PC Worship, Vaz, Call Of The Wild, LODRO @ 285 Kent
* Total Control, Pop. 1280. Night Sins, Sleepies @ Mercury Lounge
* Lindsey Luff, Mariko, Natural Stranger, DJ Nick Louis @ Spike Hill
* Big Ups, Low Fat Getting High, Radical Dads, Miniboone @ Big Snow
* The Johns, Turner Cody, Prewar Yardsale, Little Cobweb @ Muchmore's
* Phone Home, Slander, The Can't Tells, Relations, Josh Lewin @ Pianos
* Wayne Horvitz and the Royal Room Collective Music Ensemble @ The Stone
* Andre Nickatina, Roach Gigz, Mumbls, DJ Thanksgiving Brown @ Santos Party House
* Morrissey Birthday Celebrations w/ The Sons & Heirs, DJ Matt Heart Spade @ The Bell House
* The Stepkids, King Holliday, Every Flavor Weather Machine, Massively Epic, AK 47 @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Mick Barr, Deblase, Kwartowitz Trio, Pet Bottle Ningen, Detrop, Brown Wing Overdrive @ Silent Barn
* Dizzy Wright, Nitty Scott, Tijon, Rayshawn Bedell, Andy Pop, Baghdad Flow @ Marlin Room at Webster Hall
* NOTHING CHANGES w/ Craow, Outmode, Haves & Thirds @ Home Sweet Home
* Chain and the Gang, Arrington de Dionyso's Malaikat dan Singa, Calvin Johnson, Erin Earthling @ Ran Tea House
* Mannie Fresh, Boi-1da, Young Chop. J.U.S.T.I.C.E League, Bangladesh, DJ Mustard, Drumma Boy @ Knitting Factory
* Stones Fest w/ Norah Jones, Patrick Carney (of The Black Keys), Jason Isbell, Butch Walker & Black Widows, Delta Spirit, Cory Chisel, Johnny T, Adam Green @ Bowery Ballroom
Today is Morrissey's birthday and the former Smiths singer turns 54. NYC can celebrate tonight at The Bell House who has skilled tribute band The Sons & Heirs playing. Happy Birthday, Moz! Stream a thematically appropriate Smiths song below.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.
Goodie Mob released a new song, "Special Education," which features fellow Dungeon Family member Janelle Monae. Check it out below. Goodie Mob (and Cee-Lo solo) will be playing Barclays Center this month and they have a new album on the way.
by Andrew Sacher
Retox, the new project of The Locust's Justin Pearson, are set to release their second album, YPLL, on May 7 via their new home, Epitaph. The two singles the band have revealed from the new album so far, "Mature Science" and "Congratulations, You Are Good Enough," are dirty, in-your-face punk rock with no shame, no holding back, and a bit of an art rock mentality. They're more accessible than their grindcore-inspired debut but not because they've sacrificed any of the raw power. Watch the videos for both of those tracks below.
Retox will also be supporting the new album with a tour this May. That tour hits NYC for shows on May 16 at The Acheron (57 Waterbury St. in Brooklyn) and May 17 at Pianos with Tinsel Teeth. Tickets for the Acheron show and the Pianos show are on sale now.
All dates are listed, along with those videos, below...
Devo in Austin in 2012 (more by Tim Griffin)
Punk Rock Bowling is returning to downtown Las Vegas for its 15th year from May 25 - 27 with a lineup of Devo, FLAG (one of two Black Flag reunions taking place this year), Bad Religion (who are touring soon), The Damned, Turbonegro, DRI, Bouncing Souls, The Casualties, Subhumans, Swingin' Utters, US Bombs, The Weirdos, and more. Three-day passes are on sale now and single day tickets go on sale Monday, February 11.
Flyer and full lineup below...
Frightened Rabbit @ T5, Nov. 2010 (more by Lionel Bergeron)
SXSW has just announced another round of bands for the 2013 edition of the annual music festival that will happen March 12 - 17. This brings the total current number of acts to around 1300. Someome of the highlights include Vampire Weekend, Frightened Rabbit, The Thermals, Black Lips, Camera Obscura, Merchandise, Bleached, Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire, Eagles of Death Metal, Parenthetical Girls, Indians, Night Beds, IO Echo, KEN Mode, Prince Paul, Pure Bathing Culture, Sepalcure, UK motorik post-punks TOY, Finnish instrumentalists K-X-P, Toronto's Moon King, UK indie rockers Splashh (not Brooklyn Splash with one "h") and loads more. Head to BV Austin for the whole Round 3 list.
OFF! at The Bell House
The Power of The Riff is entering its third year on the West Coast and much like the last two years, the festival will invade Los Angeles during a weekend in middle August. Encompassing 16 bands over two stages at The Echo and Echoplex on August 11th, look for appearances from OFF!, Dr.Know, Repulsion, Noothgrush, Xibalba, Eagle Twin, Power Trip, Ancestors, Alpha & Omega, Gaza, DNF, Retox, The Love Below (who play NYC next week), Avon Ladies, Cop and Hordes. Tickets go on sale tomorrow (6/9) at noon for those East Coasters looking to make the trek.
Off! played a surprise show at Bell House last week with The Bronx after both played local shows in the area at Bowery Ballroom and as part of a Rocks Off Concert Cruise respectively. Pictures from that Bell House appearance are below.