Entries tagged with: Reverend Run
UPDATE: We found even MORE
As mentioned, Thursday (9/5) is Fashion's Night Out. Basically another excuse to throw a party (in the name of bringing money and attention to fashion), the evening has become music-oriented in the last few years with bands playing stores all over New York City. There's a lot of stuff going on, including the Azealia Banks / DJ Cosmo performance at M.A.C. Soho we already told you about; plus Icona Pop and Maria Minerva at Urban Outfitters; Matchbox Twenty (!?!) at Bloomingdales; Haim at Topshop; La Sera at Helmut Lang; We Were Promised Jetpacks at Rockefeller Center; and Cyndi Lauper at Manolo Blahnik, just to name a few.
Below is a list of all the shows we could find with basic details and links where applicable/helpful. All shows are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted. Many have free food and booze as well. For more into visit the Fashion's Night Out website. Let us know what we missed, in the comments.
One of the greatest hip hop crews of all time will reunite to play Fun Fun Fun Fest (Nov 2 - 4) in Austin, Texas! Darryl McDaniels (more commonly known as DMC) and Joseph Simmons (Run or Reverend Run) will reunite Run DMC to play the Austin Festival. The show will be their first in ten+ years, since the tragic passing of the great Jam Master Jay.
The festival goes down on November 2nd-4th in Austin, TX and features previously announced names like Atlas Sound, Baroness, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Starfucker, Rakim, Lagwagon, The Head and The Heart, Danny Brown, David Cross, Bob Mould, Tomahawk, Against Me!, and many that will be announced with the full lineup on Thursday (7/12), the same day weekend 3-day passes go on sale. A few PIP Passes are still available now. A portion of the proceeds from the ticket goes towards Jam Master Jay's JMJ Foundation for Music "which is dedicated to providing access to the arts, regardless of socio-economic status, for children and young adults."
Some classic Run DMC tracks are below.
Sightings @ Bowery Ballroom (more by Lori Baily)
today in NYC
* Adele @ Apple Store Soho
* Twi the Humble Feather @ 92YTribeca (postponed)
* Hank IV & Los Llamarada @ Cake Shop
* JDH & Dave P @ (le) poisson rouge
* Big Daddy Kane @ BB King Blues Club
* M83 & School of Seven Bells @ Webster Hall
* Wolf Parade & Listening Party @ The Wellmont Theatre
* Denison Witmer & Tyler James @ Union Hall
* Little Joy, The Dead Tree &, The Dig @ Maxwell's
* Hauschka, Tom Brosseau & Mischa Simonyan @ (le) poisson rouge
* Nicole Atkins & The Sea, Salt & Samovar & The Nouvellas @ Bowery
* Sightings, USAISAMONSTER, Silk Flowers & Miami Nights @ Silent Barn
* Jeffrey Lewis & The Jackals, Schwervon! & Urban Barnyard @ Mercury Lounge
Rev Run was born today in 1964.
The new Broken Social Scene / Brendan Canning video for "Churches Under The Stairs" is below...