Entries tagged with: Roman Candle
Built to Spill at BV SXSW 2012 (more by Ryan Barkan)
The Hopscotch festival in Raleigh, North Carolina will celebrate its third year from Sept. 6-8, 2012 in downtown Raleigh, with 175 bands in 15 venues. The initial lineup, released today, runs the gamut from traditional indie favorites to punk to noise music to hip hop to noisy black metal and all stops in between, featuring performances from Built to Spill, sunn 0))), The Roots, The Jesus & Mary Chain (who played SXSW), Liars (who have a show coming up at Webster Hall), Baroness, Deerhoof, Death Grips (who play NYC soon and have new material on the way), Danny Brown (who was at Coachella and plays Prospect Park soon), Pallbearer (who play an exclusive East Coast Show soon), Screaming Females (who recently played NYC and are on tour now), Thee Oh Sees, The Spits (who just played NYC twice), Tenement, The Mountain Goats (two sets, one of which will be an all metal-covers set!) and so many more.
(and now we know the Jesus & Mary Chain are coming back soon)
Tickets are on sale. The full lineup and flyer (update: and a few more announced J&MC dates) are below...
Lily Allen @ Bowery Ballroom last night (more by Bao Nguyen)
today in NYC
* Questlove @ 92YTribeca
* Roman Candle @ Union Hall
* Brett Dennen @ Webster Hall
* Lissy Trullie @ Mercury Lounge
* Reggie Watts @ the Studio @ WH
* Dave Hill's Madea Goes to Jail!! @ UCB
* Rokia Traoré @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Thank You, Mi Ami & Miracles @ Cake Shop
* Goblin Cock, Orphan & Warship @ Highline Ballroom
* the BQE Project playing to silent film @ the Winter Garden
* John Wesley Harding's Cabinet of Wonders @ Le Poisson Rouge
* The Submarines, The Morning Benders & Dawn Landes @ The Bell House
* Abigail Washburn with Casey Driessen and Ben Sollee @ Joe's Pub
* Robbers on High St, La Strada & The Silent League @ Union Pool
"The daughter of a diplomat, Malian singer Rokia Traore grew up assimilating European and African cultures, and in her 10-year career, she's developed a sound that uses elements of Malian tradition in her own way. Traore's fourth album, Tchamantche, is just out, and it's her best and most daring work." Rokia plays the early show at LPR tonight. John Wesley Harding, Eugene Mirman and friends are the late show.
Dufus and Diane Cluck are playing Union Pool tomorrow.
Cinematic Orchestra play a free show tomorrow.
Ben Sollee will be back in April to play Le Poisson Rouge.
Demetri Martin's TV show is on tonight.
Joly posted some new live No Age videos. Watch them below...