Entries tagged with: Smoking Popes
by Fred Pessaro // BBG
Treasure Fleet (photo by Katie Hovland)
Treasure Fleet sound like they've been in a time capsule, and I mean that with the utmost respect. The band's sugary-sweet mix of 60's mod pop-psych mixed with a dash of punk rock seems almost as if it has forgone any influence from bands in the past thirty years to craft their debut for Recess Records. Comprised of members of The Arrivals, Lawrence Arms, Smoking Popes and Sass Dragons, the band's latest LP Future Ways is due on 11/30 and you can stream it in full for the first time below. Order yours at the label, reccommended.
So far no NYC shows scheduled for TF, but the Chicago band has a couple scheduled in their native Midwest. Check out a list of tour dates, that stream and a video below.
The Mountain Goats @ Lollapalooza 2011 (more by Grant MacAllister)
today in NYC
* Akio Suzuki @ The Stone
* Wyatt Cenac @ Carolines
* Sound Actions @ The Stone
* Les Chauds Lapins @ Barbes
* Smokey's Roundup @ @ Barbes
* Santigold @ Roseland Ballroom
* Air Supply @ BB King Blues Club
* Calexico, The Dodos @ Webster Hall
* Barbra Streisand @ Barclays Center
* Lewis Black @ Richard Rodgers Theatre
* Heloise & The Savoir Faire @ BAM Cafe
* Ha Ha Tonka, Via Audio @ The Rock Shop
* Van She, Plastic Plates @ Tammany Hall
* Morrissey, Kristeen Young @ Terminal 5
* Osekre & the Lucky Bastards @ Joe's Pub
* Janeane Garofalo @ Eastville Comedy Club
* The Living Kills, Zulu Pearls @ Glasslands
* Public Image Limited @ Hammerstein Ballroom
* Miracles of Modern Science @ Mercury Lounge
* Hardbodies, Napoleon, Wrong Dots @ Union Pool
* Tilly & The Wall, Nicky Da B @ Bowery Ballroom
* Dark Dark Dark, Emily Wells @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Chrome Cranks, Star and Dagger @ Mercury Lounge
* Helloradio, Radical Dads, Birthwater @ Maxwell's
* Blues Traveler, Spin Doctors @ The Capitol Theatre
* Star Systems, John Goldberger "Surprise" @ Zebulon
* DJ Spinn, Rizzla, Durban, J-Cush @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Matmos, Ed Schrader's Music Beat @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Timba Harris presents neXus I: Cascadia @ The Stone
* Matias Aguayo, Ivan Smagghe, Tim Sweeney @ Cameo Gallery
* Kermit Ruffins and the Barbecue Swingers @ Brooklyn Bowl
* The Losers Lounge tribute to Dusty Springfield @ Joe's Pub
* Chain Of Strength, Bold, Battery, Shai Hulud @ Irving Plaza
* Natureboy, Heart of Hearts, Easy Lover, Sick Din @ Cake Shop
* Mr. Dream, Dinosaur Feathers, Brainstorm, Shark? @ Shea Stadium
* The Mountain Goats, Matthew E. White @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Glen Campbell, Victoria Ghost @ Carnegie Hall Isaac Stern Auditorium
* Foster Care, Pampers, Teenanger, Soupcans, Family Curse @ Death By Audio
* Capital Cities, French Horn Rebellion, FM Attack (DJ Set) @ Brooklyn Bowl
* The Riverboat Gamblers, Cobra Skulls, Freshkills @ Rocks Off Concert Cruises
* Oceanographer, Appomattox, The Archive, Gabriel Berezin @ The Bowery Electric
* Smoking Popes (playing "Born to Quit"), Let Me Run, The Doorbells @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* Le Rug, Team Spirit, Jangula, Chappo, Cool Serbia, Butter The Children, Surfing, Lazyeyes @ 171 Lombardy
The Smoking Popes are playing their '90s alt-rock fave Born to Quit front-to-back tonight at The Studio @ Webster Hall. Video for their single "I Need You Around" is below.
All out of love and find you now have to make love out of nothing at all? Australian soft rock duo Air Supply are here to help, playing their slow dance faves at BB King Blues Club tonight. A couple classic videos are below to refresh your memory.
Revelation Records' 25th Anniversary weekend rolls on with Chain Of Strength headlining Irving Plaza.
It's the last-ever show at DIY space 171 Lombardy tonight (at least with the current tenants) and they're throwing a big goodbye party with Le Rug, Team Spirit, Jangula, Chappo, Cool Serbia, Butter The Children, Surfing, and Lazyeyes.
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.