Entries tagged with: St Marks
Back in 2007 we were worried that Whole Earth Vegan Bakery on St. Marks was facing eviction, but the East Village landmark survived, for almost another six years at least. We were bummed to just read the following on EV Grieve:
Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen, which had been at 130 St. Mark's Place since 1991 (34 years in business total), closed for good on Dec. 29, as we first reported.The bakery and Kate's Joint in the same year.
Aside from rising rents, business had been down... and, of course, Sandy didn't help matters.
Yesterday, a worker at the store told Bill the libertarian anarchist that the space will become an Italian restaurant.
Oh, but speaking of Italian restaurants and East Village vegan establishments, I highly recommend you check out the vegan menu at John's on East 12th Street! (right next door to Angelica Kitchen which is also a great place to go.)
- Anonymous wrote: 'tarded, lost: our President (2020)... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Pop music is so terrible. Black, white, all colors, doesn't matter,... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Actually no, everyone knows what the McRib is. ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: The riff in the first song sounds like the Monkees...... [more]
- John wrote: Lyrically awful.... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: They better finish the glory hole installation at paramount by then... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: I guess this is something people really want??... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Wishing you the best, Stabby. You're GI, you're GI!... [more]
- Anderson .Paak played SOB's & 'Colbert' (pics, video, review)
- Bruce Springsteen played 'The River' & more at Madison Square Garden (pics & setlist)
- Oddisee, OSHUN & Tunji Ige played BrooklynVegan-Red Bull Sound Select at Baby's All Right (pics)
- Chris La Putt photo show continues; Basia Bulat and Nellie McKay played the opening reception (pics)
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)