Entries tagged with: St Marks
Back in 2007 we were worried that Whole Earth Vegan Bakery on St. Marks was facing eviction, but the East Village landmark survived, for almost another six years at least. We were bummed to just read the following on EV Grieve:
Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen, which had been at 130 St. Mark's Place since 1991 (34 years in business total), closed for good on Dec. 29, as we first reported.The bakery and Kate's Joint in the same year.
Aside from rising rents, business had been down... and, of course, Sandy didn't help matters.
Yesterday, a worker at the store told Bill the libertarian anarchist that the space will become an Italian restaurant.
Oh, but speaking of Italian restaurants and East Village vegan establishments, I highly recommend you check out the vegan menu at John's on East 12th Street! (right next door to Angelica Kitchen which is also a great place to go.)
- Anonymous wrote: I'm sorry, that's "WHAT ISSSS A slow news day?" Jesus, man,... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Pfttt gloss is a legend who is this chick and why was i linked here... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: LЦLZ@ "Trenchgrinder" *wiping tears of laughter from my eye... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: SKY HAS BEEN VINDICATED. ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: videology is a great place... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: ^ Is this some kind of secret glory hole code?... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: someone airbrushed the cock outta her mouth!... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: 9:37- they aren't going to give it their all. They are just trying ... [more]
- My Bloody Valentine played Hammerstein Ballroom w/ Dumb Numbers (night 1 pics, setlist)
- MIA says Superbowl middle finger was a Hindu hand gesture, played Terminal 5 again (and a party in Bushwick) -- pics
- Nine Inch Nails taped for ACL TV (pics & setlist), now on the road with Austin's Explosions in the Sky (dates)
- 2013 NYC Village Halloween Parade in photos (part 2) -- Marshmallow Man, Heisenberg, body paint, zombies & more
- an all-Morrissey Holiday Gift Guide ++ video of Moz's Nobel Peace Prize concert
- 'Emo Revival' & how 'Indie Rock' was already 'Emo' (or vice versa)
- an interview with Johnny Marr (on his own forthcoming autobiography, social media, Spider-Man, Andy Rourke & more)
- an interview with Ben Nichols of Lucero (who are on tour with Titus Andronicus now, playing Terminal 5... again)
- an interview with Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)