Entries tagged with: St Marks
Back in 2007 we were worried that Whole Earth Vegan Bakery on St. Marks was facing eviction, but the East Village landmark survived, for almost another six years at least. We were bummed to just read the following on EV Grieve:
Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen, which had been at 130 St. Mark's Place since 1991 (34 years in business total), closed for good on Dec. 29, as we first reported.The bakery and Kate's Joint in the same year.
Aside from rising rents, business had been down... and, of course, Sandy didn't help matters.
Yesterday, a worker at the store told Bill the libertarian anarchist that the space will become an Italian restaurant.
Oh, but speaking of Italian restaurants and East Village vegan establishments, I highly recommend you check out the vegan menu at John's on East 12th Street! (right next door to Angelica Kitchen which is also a great place to go.)
- Anonymous wrote: It was until they renamed it "Manhattan Valley" This renami... [more]
- D wrote: ^ Can those two even fit into MOMA? Hahaha.... [more]
- D wrote: I never corrected anyone save the dickhead who tried to correct me ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Israel is sowing the seeds of its own destruction.... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Geez, I hope The Village People aren't part of the line-up. That c... [more]
- Watercolor Paintings wrote: I love this module.User friendly.It allows users to flag nodes and ... [more]
- Jes wrote: Holy crap! Darren Hayman? I could not be more excited!!!... [more]
- massagem Recife wrote: Times are the best tracks in my opinion, but all of them show quali... [more]
- Pitchfork Festival 2014 day 1 pics (Beck, Giorgio Moroder, Sun Kil Moon, Sharon Van Etten, Factory Floor, more)
- The National began their three-night run in Prospect Park (Night 1 with Phosphorescent -- pics & setlist)
- Governors Ball 2014 day 3 pics (Vampire Weekend, Interpol, James Blake, Kills, Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt, more)
- Sasquatch 2014 day 2 pics (The National, Cut Copy, MIA, Neko Case, Deafheaven, Violent Femmes, Panda Bear, more)
- an interview w/ Neil Halstead of Slowdive (on the reunion, a new album, writing songs & more)
- Ten (somewhat smaller) Northside shows we're excited to see
- an interview with Owen Pallet (on songwriting, music press, why he hates Beyonce & Rihanna... JUST KIDDING!)
- an interview w/ Future Islands (who played Webster Hall last night, streaming DC show tonight) -- on going viral, making pop music, how they got started & more
- Luke Haines talks new solo LP, Auteurs reissues, the rock mythology of NYC and more in BV interview
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)