Entries tagged with: Sugarm
Deafheaven have an upcoming tour with Between the Buried and Me and Intronaut that hits Long Island in February, but as their tweet above confirms, you can see them in NYC much sooner than that (and with a more desirable lineup). They're the special guest on Saturday's (1/18) show at 285 Kent which also includes Wolf Eyes, Noveller, Alberich, MV Carbon, Lussuria and Sugarm. Unfortunately, that show is sold out.
Deafheaven were also confirmed for NYC festival Governors Ball.
As you may have heard, Brooklyn DIY venue 285 Kent is closing, but they're going out with a bang. It was just announced that Pitchfork, Ad Hoc, and Todd P will be presenting the venue's final shows which include Fucked Up, DIIV, White Lung, Laurel Halo, Autre Ne Veut, Dan Deacon and others, plus a number of special guests playing shows there this month. Tickets for all four of the incredibly stacked lineups are on sale now.
Full lineups for each show below...
videos by Maks Suski
As mentioned, Silent Barn has a new Bushwick location (603 Bushwick Ave) after being forced to move out of their 915 Wyckoff Ave location, and they opened the doors for the first time at the new spot on Sunday (12/30). The show was with Alan Watts, GDFX, Sugarm, and Good Willsmith. You can watch videos of the latter three artists, plus a tour/walkthrough video of the new venue, below. And if you'd like to help out, they're looking for volunteers.
Silent Barn has other upcoming shows including one on January 10 with Ed Askew, D. Charles Speer, Tamble Tamble, (of Guardian Alien) and Andy Boay (of Tonstartssbandht). The flyer for that show is below.
They Might Be Giants at Terminal 5 in March (more by Dana (distortion) Yavin)
today in NYC
* Phish @ MSG
* Kanye West @ Revel
* Stephane Wrembel @ Barbes
* The Fab Faux @ City Winery
* Gov't Mule @ Beacon Theatre
* The Felice Brothers @ Maxwell's
* Steve Miller Band @ Capitol Theatre
* Superhuman Happiness @ Mercury Lounge
* Alana Amram, Mal Blum @ The Ace Hotel
* Coldplay, Naturally 7 @ Barclays Center
* Martha Reeves & the Vandellas @ BB King's
* Dark Star Orchestra @ Paramount (Huntington)
* Howth, Creeptones, Erik Gundel @ Cameo Gallery
* Pretty Lights, Michal Menert @ Roseland Ballroom
* Punch Brothers, Aoife O'Donovan @ Bowery Ballroom
* MV Carbon, Trin Tran, Vinka Varna, X27 @ Cake Shop
* Sandra Bernhard @ Joe's Pub (early and late shows)
* Spring Standards, Taurus, Inland Traveler @ Glasslands
* Alan Watts, GDFX, Sugarm, Good Willsmith @ Silent Barn
* Machinedrum, Sepalcure, Brooklyn Bass @ Le Poisson Rouge
* They Might Be Giants, Last Car @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Afrojack, Diplo, Rusko, Bobby Burns, Leroy Styles @ Pier 94
* Smoke DZA, Vinny Cha$e, Slim Dollars, Kris Kasanova @ SOB's
* John Zorn's Annual End of the Year Improv Festival @ The Stone
* I Am The Avalanche, Money, Paper, Hearts, Sad & French @ The Grand Victory
* Baked, Two Inch Astronaut, Butter The Children, Ovlov, The Districts @ Big Snow
* Andrew WK, Big D and the Kids Table, The Blazing Beaverducks @ Ollie's Point
* Brothers Past, The Manhattan Project, DJ Greg, special guests TBA @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Cro-Mags, Sheer Terror, Rude Awakening, Brain Slug, Born Annoying @ Highline Ballroom
* Dave Hill, Josh Gondelman, Mike Lawrence, George Gordon, Ben Kronberg, John Flynn, Dan St Germain, Sean Donnelly @ Union Hall
Silent Barn is back with a new Bushwick location and they'll host their first show there tonight with Alan Watts, GDFX, Sugarm, Good Willsmith, and DJ Smhoakmosheein. Doors at 8, first act on at 9, $7 entry. And because they haven't got their alcohol permits in order yet, no drinking at this show.
Coldplay play their second of three NYC area shows and first at the Barclays Center. They play again tomorrow night for NYE with Jay-Z.
Kanye wraps up his three-night run in Atlantic City tonight.
Punch Brothers are on night 2 of their three-night run at Bowery Ballroom tonight.
The Felice Brothers are on night 2 of their three-night NYE run of the NYC area. They play Maxwell's tonight and Mercury Lounge tomorrow for NYE.
They Might Be Giants are on night 2 of their three-night run at Music Hall of Williamsburg tonight.
Dark Star Orchestra play their first of two nights at Huntington's Paramount tonight.
Phish continues their run at MSG tonight. Pretty Lights and Gov't Mule begin theirs at Roseland and Beacon Theatre, respectively, tonight. More info on those and other NYE shows at our New Year's Eve guide.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.