Entries tagged with: Tartar Lamb
DOWNLOAD: Fielded - "Another Time" (MP3)
Kayo Dot at The Stone (more by Paul Birman)
Kayo Dot just celebrated Coyote, and will now show off their new baby Stained Glass (due this fall via Hydra Head) at a show at Bowery Electric TUESDAY (8/24) with Cleric and Bad Girlfriend (who will also play Union Pool with Hallux). The avant garde team will play a pair of sets at Bowery Electric, the second being "an exposé on the bass guitar sound used in Coyote".
For Kayo Dot honcho Toby Driver, the show means two in three days as he played Zebulon last night with as part of Tartar Lamb alongside Seaven Teares (Charlie Looker's new project), and mezzo-soprano Amirtha Kidambi/percussionist Cory Bracken (who performed works by John Cage, Larry Polansky, Morton Feldman and many others). Tartar Lamb recently kickstarted their campaign to record a follow-up to 2006's 60 Metonymies.
Meanwhile, last night at Bruar Falls, Kevin Hufnagel (Gorguts, Dysrhythmia) played a solo show with Religious To Damn (mem A Storm of Light), Fielded, and Psychic Steel. Both Fielded (the solo project of Lindsay Powell of Ga'an/Festival) and Psychic Steel are currently on the road and will loop through Death By Audio TONIGHT to team up with Lichens and Driphouse. Fielded will release Terrageist, the new LP due on September 7th via Catholic Tapes. Dig on "Another Time" above and check out the video/stream some more material below.
Lichens recently supported Hallogallo at Maxwell's, will support Sleep in Chicago (with Ga'an) and is also scheduled to play the now sold-out Sleep show at Brooklyn Masonic Temple on 9/8. Tickets are still available though, for a SECOND (actually first) NYC show for Sleep on 9/6, this time with support from Doomriders and Unearthly Trance (no Lichens).
Dates and videos below...
Tombs @ the Studio in 2009 (more by Jason Jamal Nakleh)
today in NYC
* H2O on a boat
* Robert Black @ The Stone
* Ute Lemper @ Joe's Pub (early & late)
* Leon Russell @ Mexicali Live (NJ)
* Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio @ Jazz Standard
* Forest Fire, Oh Land, Normandy @ Glasslands
* Scott McMicken of Dr. Dog, Springs @ The Rock Shop
* Diddy, Rick Ross, Ciara & more @ Governors Island
* Hannibal Buress, King Sickabilly @ Knitting Factory
* Miya Masaoka, Mary Halvorson, Okkyung Lee @ The Stone
* Reid Paley Trio, Sam Chanse, Sugar Life @ Knitting Factory
* Nullsleep, Bit Shifter, Glomag, NO CARRIER @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Tombs, Radiation, Planks, Gods & Queens, Dawn @ Death By Audio
* Chromeo, The Suzan, Telephoned, Kid Sister @ Williamsburg Waterfront
* Metal Rouge, Sam Hamilton, Jane Austen, Greg Fox, Diablo @ Silent Barn
* Seaven Tears (Charlie Looker), Tartar Lamb (Toby Driver), Music of the American Avante-Garde (Bracken/Kidambi) @ Zebulon
* Religious To Damn, Fielded, Psychic Steel, Kevin Hufnagel @ Bruar Falls
* The Big Sleep, Fan-Tan, Sensual Harassment, Replicas, Michna (DJ Set) @ Cameo
* Mia Riddle, Pearl & The Beard, Madison Square Gardeners (Farm To Folk Fest) @ Union Pool (see below)
* New York Night Train's Ya Ya Yacht w/ DJ Mr. Jonathan Toubin & DJ Ian Svenonius
* Saviours, Priestess, Ramming Speed, Antidote [NYHC 1983], Rorschach DJ's, Hamsoken, Gatekeeper, Cult of Youth, Naam, Titan, Natur, Snake Sustaine, Primitive Weapons, Cleen Teeth @ Santos Party House
* K Holes, Electric Tickle Machine, My Teenage Stride, Food Stamps, Weekends, Weed Hounds, Shark?, Lost Boy, The Runaway Suns, The Caterpillers (and much more) @ Don Pedro (see below)
A lot to do today for a rainy Sunday at the end of a slow week.
Individual tickets are on sale today for the 2010-2011 NY Philharmonic concert season.
To make sure they don't get shut down, tonight's sold out H2O show happening on a Rocks Off boat is going to be dry ("Our First Ever NO BOOZE CRUISE - Straight Edge on the Hudson!"), which is ironic since those that step outside will probably not be dry at all thanks to the H2O coming down from the sky.
Good thing there's going to be a Pool Party on August 29th. Otherwise they would have went out on a rainy note. If it doesn't get cancelled, Chromeo, The Suzan, Telephoned, and previously-known-as "Special Guest" Kid Sister play the free show at the Williamsburg Waterfront today.
Today is the day The Specials were supposed to play in the rain at Central Park Summerstage.
Though there are still free events, there are no more free concerts on Governors Island this summer, which means tonight's potentially-soggy Diddy fans paid for their tickets. Same situation for the Jonas Brothers fans at Jones Beach.
Two indoor options today include "Farm to Folk Fest" at Union Pool (3-8pm) and "My Endless Summer" at Don Pedro from 4pm to 4am. Flyers and more information for both below...