Entries tagged with: The Hidden Cameras
Still Life Still @ Mercury Lounge in 2009 (more by Vincent Cornelli)
tonight in NYC
* Surfer Blood @ Other Music
* Robyn Hitchcock @ City Winery
* Teeth Mountain, Living Days @ Death By Audio
* Jonathan Kane's February @ Issue Project Room
* Ha Ha Tonka, Daniel Wayne, Josh Mease @ Pianos
* Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers, Bizi Gara, Asa Ransom @ The Cameo
* Wild Beasts, Violens, Still Life Still @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Surfer Blood, Turbo Fruits, We Are Country Mice, Radical Sons @ Mercury Lounge
* Kidz in the Hall, 88 Keys, Izza Kizza, Donnis, DJ K-Salaam @ Highline Ballroom
* Shooting Spires, Pterodactyl, Summer Recreation Camp, Unstoppable Death Machines @ Union Pool
* Brooklyn Psych Fest w/ Madam Robot and The Lust Brigade, Traveling Circle, The Runaway Suns, Heavy Hands, La Otracina, Naam, Asteroid #4, Sounds of Kaleidoscope @ Glasslands
Surfer Blood is playing a free-instore @ Other Music today (6:30pm) before their sold out show at Mercury Lounge. They played to a packed house at Market Hotel last night.
A poster for the BK psych Fest, at Glasslands today, is below.
Today is also the Brooklyn Record Riot at Warsaw.
Bad Lieutenant's video for "Sink or Swim" below...
The Hidden Cameras' video for "Underage", below...
Mumford & Sons' video for "The Cave", below...
A Place To Bury Strangers' video for "Keep Slipping Away", below...
The Hidden Cameras have just announced a massive North American tour in support of their fourth full-length, Origin:Orphan....Fans will have the opportunity to purchase tickets for all of the newly announced showsThe tour dates currently on pre-sale include the band's November 4th show at (Le) Poisson Rouge (pre-sale tix). General sale starts Thursday, August 27th at noon (note: I think they were on sale and then not on sale or something like that).
except in Brooklynand San Francisco, before they go on sale to the general public... As a bonus and in anticipation of the new album and tour, fans will immediately receive a free digital download of the newly released 5-track In The NA EP with any The Hidden Cameras pre-sale ticket purchase.
The EP mentioned above includes the song "In the NA," the first single off the band's new full-length. Check out the video for it, with tracklists and all tour dates, below...
[Their July 23rd] show at The Capital Bar marks the third time since December 2007 that eclectic folk-rock ensemble The Hidden Cameras have performed in Canada.Gibb may live abroad now, but The Hidden Cameras still call Canada's Arts & Crafts home. That label is set to release the band's fourth album, Origin:Orphan, on September 22nd.
That's partly because the band's frontman, and chief songwriter, Joel Gibb is now living in Berlin.
The group spent most of 2008 touring through Europe and Gibb said he's going to enjoy this trip through the Maritimes.
"I like Fredericton more than Saint John, I must say," he said. "It's a horrible place to play. I like Sackville and Fredericton - Sackville during the school year is better. I think our last show in Fredericton was pretty fun. Lots of good people came out." [dailygleaner]
Their schedule currently includes a set of Canadian dates around that disc's release, and a sole US gig (that we know of) on Wednesday, November 4th at (Le) Poisson Rouge. Tickets are on sale now.
"Walk On" from the new record is available from Arts & Crafts as a free download (e-mail required). The video for the album's first single, "In The NA," is posted with tour dates, album art and tracklist, and Gibb's thoughts on the Canadian "club" scene, below...