Entries tagged with: The Lonely Island
Deltron 3030 (aka Dan the Automator, Del the Funky Homosapien, and Kid Koala) have been talking about their long-awaited second album, Event II, for some time now, and after revealing two of its singles, "Pay the Price" and "City Rising from the Ashes", they've finally officially announced the full album details. It will be out on October 1 via Bulk Recordings and features a ton of serious collaborators including Blur/Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn, Faith No More/Tomahawk/etc frontman Mike Patton, Rage Against the Machine frontman Zack De La Rocha, Emily Wells, The Lonely Island, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Bruno (of AWOLNATION), Black Rob, David Cross, Amber Tamblyn, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Momofuku chef David Chang(!?), Casual, and Jamie Cullum. That's the album artwork above, and the tracklist is below.
The album will be preceded by the City Rising from the Ashes EP, due out on August 13, which features both previously released singles and a third album track, "The Agony."
Deltron 3030 also just released an album trailer, which includes the album's opening track, "Stardate," which is essentially a spoken word track from Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Check that out, along with the other two singles and tracklist, below...
Comedy rappers The Lonely Island are sitting down with Rob Bennington for a taping of 'Unmasked' at 12:30 PM on May 31 at Sirius XM in midtown Manhattan. Tickets to that show can be specially requested today at 12:30 PM.
Stereophonics are playing Terminal 5 on September 21. Tickets to that show go on AmEx presale today at noon, with a general on-sale starting Friday (5/31) at noon.
Emeli Sande and Rudimental are playing Rumsey Playfield on August 28. Tickets to that show go on AmEx presale today at noon. Ticketmaster presale starts Thursday (5/30) at 10 AM, and general on-sale starts Friday (5/31) at noon.
Tim & Eric have released an new video for "Goatee," featuring some of the most amazing drum fills you'll hear this side of... well, at least a few drummers. Check it out below.
Check out all three videos below.
Kendrick Lamar appeared on Saturday Night Live last night (1/26) to perform two tracks off of good kid, m.A.A.d city, "Swimming Pools (Drank)" and "Poetic Justice" with a killer live band in TDE shirts. He also appeared in a digital short with The Lonely Island to do a track called "YOLO." You can watch videos of all three songs below.
today in NYC
* Whiplash @ UCB
* Chicha Libre @ Barbes
* Son of a Gun @ Joe's Pub
* The Lonely Island @ Apple Store SoHo
* Ulysses S. Grant @ The Living Room
* Josh Roseman Water Surgeons @ Barbes
* Hot Tub with Kurt and Kristen @ Littlefield
* The Features, Backwords @ Mercury Lounge
* Jim Campilongo Electric Trio @ The Living Room
* Kinky Friedman, Mary McBride @ Highline Ballroom
* Karl Berger's Stone Workshop Orchestra @ The Stone
* Corridors, Bow Ribbons, Greenpot Bluepot @ Zebulon
* Yael Naim & David Donatien, Anath @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Sherlock's Daughter, New Moods, Slowdance @ Knitting Factory
* J-Roddy Walston & The Business, These United States @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Freak Owls, Murder Mystery, Ravens & Chimes, Secret Gordon @ Rock Shop (free)
* Small Beast w/ Craig Casey & The Fresh Juice Party, Burnt Rome, Val Opielski @ The Delancey
* John Maus, Gary War, Holy Shit, DJ International Tapes, DJ Weird Magic @ Glasslands
You can see New Moods at Knitting Factory tonight for free.
You can see Ravens & Chimes @ The Rock Shop tonight for free.
Eugene Mirman's special musical guest at Union Hall last night was Evan Dando. His special comedy guest last night was Zach Galifianakis. Eugene Mirman appears at Whiplash at UCB tonight. So does Colin Quinn.
The Lonely Island appears at the Apple Store SoHo tonight for free. Their new video for "Jack Sparrow" featuring Michael Bolton, off their new/second record Turtleneck & Chain which is out Tuesday, below....
The Megaphonic Thrift @ by:Larm 2010 (more)
tonight in NYC
* Louis CK @ Caroline's
* ACME @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Kronos Quartet @ Zankel Hall
* Al Green @ the Wellmont Theatre
* John Zorn Improv Night @ The Stone
* Stupid Party, Gourmet Scum @ Don Pedro
* WFMU's Hoof & Mouth Sinfonia @ Maxwell's
* Todd, Sewerkraut, Drunkdriver @ (late) Cake Shop
* Marina and The Diamonds, Samuel @ The Bell House
* Lord Jeff, Truman Peyote, Julie Bryne @ Silent Barn
* Talib Kweli (DJ), DJ Jujitsu, DJ Eque @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Rufus Wainwright: Blackoutsabbath @ Park Avenue Armory
* Red Hook Ramblers, The Hot Johnsons @ Knitting Factory
* Standard Fare, Little Big, Jack Skuller @ Death By Audio
* Darren Hanlon, A Classic Education, Electricians @ Bruar Falls
* David Daniell & Douglas Mccombs Duo, Alan Licht & Loren Connors @ Union Pool
* Carolina Chocolate Drops, Naomi Shelton & The Gospel Queens @ Bowery Ballroom
* Casiokids, The Good The Bad, Spleen United, The Megaphonic Thrift @ Littlefield (starts 1pm)
* Sissy Spacek, Gerritt Witmer and Paul Knowles, Sean Meehan, Dim Diamond @ (early) Cake Shop
* Field Mouse, Hailey Wojcik & Her Imaginary Friends, Gregory & The Hawk, Julie Peel @ Glasslands
pre-SXSW Scandanavian week continues at Littlefield this AFTERNOON (which is even earlier-feeling than normal thanks to us losing an hour last night. Did you set back your clocks yet?).
Oh, also MGMT is apparently playing Mercury Lounge tonight (as The Smirking Worm).
"The most-talked about aspect of Lady Gaga's Beyonce co-starring, Jonas Akerlund-directed music video for "Telephone," which premiered Thursday night, was not the singer's flagrant partial nudity, girl-on-girl kissing or mass-murder sequence in a diner featuring Tyrese Gibson. It was the product placement. At least nine different brands make appearances in the nine-minute music video, from Gaga's own Heartbeats headphones to a "Beats Limited Edition" laptop, from HP Envy to "telephone" partner Virgin Mobile, and from Miracle Whip and Wonder Bread to Diet Coke. [Ad Age]"
The Lonely Island is Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer & Jorma Taccone. Last night on SNL they debuted the video for "Boombox" featuring Julian Casablancas. Watch it below...
by Klaus Kinski
For me, there are two consistent things happening with SNL lately (and by lately I mean the past several years). First, it rarely makes me laugh. Second, the stuff that does make me laugh is usually an SNL Digital Short. And the Digital Shorts that make me laugh the hardest are usually the ones done by filmmakers/fake music-makers The Lonely Island.
The Lonely Island is the brainchild of Jorma Taccone, Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer. They make absurd music and absurd videos. After years of hard work, they finally released a record on February 10th called Incredibad. The record features 19 tracks, including classics such as Jizz in My Pants, Dick in a Box, and Natalie's Rap.
They have two upcoming Q&A and Autograph sessions, one of which is at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square today (2/25) at 7:00pm. All three guys will be there in addition to Paul Rudd who will be hosting. To attend, you have to buy the CD at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square and obtain a bracelet. They also have a similar event happening at Newbury Comics Faneuil Hall on Feb. 27th. Union Square flyer below...