Entries tagged with: Ute Lemper
The Rock Shop in Park Slope is open for drinking. Show is cancelled though.
Cypress Hill and Action Bronson at Best Buy Theater is postponed (new date TBA).
Public Assembly, who have another Action Bronson show coming up, will be closed Tuesday night.
Deftones and Scars on Broadway at Terminal 5 is postponed (new date TBA)
Dita Von Teese may or may not postpone Tuesday's show, one of four this week. UPDATE: Dita's Tuesday night show is cancelled, and a 2nd Thursday night one was added.
Journey and Pat Benatar/Neil Geraldo at the Barclays Center is cancelled.
The Freedom to Love Concert at Beacon Theater (with tons of artists scheduled to play it including Rufus Wainwright) is postponed (new date TBA).
The Tell Your Friends comedy show with Gilbert Gottfried, Myq Kaplan, Liam McEneaney, Rena Zager & more at The Bell House is postponed. (new date TBA)
Kitsune Club Night at Le Poisson Rouge with The Twelves, Yuksek, New Moods, JDH & Dave P is cancelled.
Le Poisson Rouge also says that Sean Hayes and Behind the Groove events have been canceled but "The Sean Hayes show will be rescheduled. All tickets will be honored."
Ute Lemper at Joe's Pub is cancelled.
Everything at 92nd Street Y is cancelled.
Lincoln Center will remain closed Tuesday.
All Rocks Off Concert Cruises are cancelled.
All events at BB King's are cancelled.
UPDATE: Aimee Mann and Ted Leo are now also cancelled.
UPDATE: The Soft Moon/Pop 1280 show at Bowery Ballroom is cancelled.
UPDATE: Rita Ora, Iggy Azalea, and Havana Brown at Highline Ballroom "is postponed due to weather complications Rescheduled date will be announced as soon as possible. All tickets will be honored." Rita Ora's Philly show was also cancelled.
Keep checking this post for updates.
Monday's cancellations are listed HERE.
Tombs @ the Studio in 2009 (more by Jason Jamal Nakleh)
today in NYC
* H2O on a boat
* Robert Black @ The Stone
* Ute Lemper @ Joe's Pub (early & late)
* Leon Russell @ Mexicali Live (NJ)
* Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio @ Jazz Standard
* Forest Fire, Oh Land, Normandy @ Glasslands
* Scott McMicken of Dr. Dog, Springs @ The Rock Shop
* Diddy, Rick Ross, Ciara & more @ Governors Island
* Hannibal Buress, King Sickabilly @ Knitting Factory
* Miya Masaoka, Mary Halvorson, Okkyung Lee @ The Stone
* Reid Paley Trio, Sam Chanse, Sugar Life @ Knitting Factory
* Nullsleep, Bit Shifter, Glomag, NO CARRIER @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Tombs, Radiation, Planks, Gods & Queens, Dawn @ Death By Audio
* Chromeo, The Suzan, Telephoned, Kid Sister @ Williamsburg Waterfront
* Metal Rouge, Sam Hamilton, Jane Austen, Greg Fox, Diablo @ Silent Barn
* Seaven Tears (Charlie Looker), Tartar Lamb (Toby Driver), Music of the American Avante-Garde (Bracken/Kidambi) @ Zebulon
* Religious To Damn, Fielded, Psychic Steel, Kevin Hufnagel @ Bruar Falls
* The Big Sleep, Fan-Tan, Sensual Harassment, Replicas, Michna (DJ Set) @ Cameo
* Mia Riddle, Pearl & The Beard, Madison Square Gardeners (Farm To Folk Fest) @ Union Pool (see below)
* New York Night Train's Ya Ya Yacht w/ DJ Mr. Jonathan Toubin & DJ Ian Svenonius
* Saviours, Priestess, Ramming Speed, Antidote [NYHC 1983], Rorschach DJ's, Hamsoken, Gatekeeper, Cult of Youth, Naam, Titan, Natur, Snake Sustaine, Primitive Weapons, Cleen Teeth @ Santos Party House
* K Holes, Electric Tickle Machine, My Teenage Stride, Food Stamps, Weekends, Weed Hounds, Shark?, Lost Boy, The Runaway Suns, The Caterpillers (and much more) @ Don Pedro (see below)
A lot to do today for a rainy Sunday at the end of a slow week.
Individual tickets are on sale today for the 2010-2011 NY Philharmonic concert season.
To make sure they don't get shut down, tonight's sold out H2O show happening on a Rocks Off boat is going to be dry ("Our First Ever NO BOOZE CRUISE - Straight Edge on the Hudson!"), which is ironic since those that step outside will probably not be dry at all thanks to the H2O coming down from the sky.
Good thing there's going to be a Pool Party on August 29th. Otherwise they would have went out on a rainy note. If it doesn't get cancelled, Chromeo, The Suzan, Telephoned, and previously-known-as "Special Guest" Kid Sister play the free show at the Williamsburg Waterfront today.
Today is the day The Specials were supposed to play in the rain at Central Park Summerstage.
Though there are still free events, there are no more free concerts on Governors Island this summer, which means tonight's potentially-soggy Diddy fans paid for their tickets. Same situation for the Jonas Brothers fans at Jones Beach.
Two indoor options today include "Farm to Folk Fest" at Union Pool (3-8pm) and "My Endless Summer" at Don Pedro from 4pm to 4am. Flyers and more information for both below...
Welcome to Spiegelworld... the world's most beautiful travelling venue.Spiegelworld opens in August this year. The music lineup includes shows by the Dodos, Deerhoof, Tim Fite, Amanda Palmer, Nellie McKay and many more. All of it is below.....
With its opulent decor of mirrors and brocade, the intimate 350-seat spiegeltent is the venue for two of the hottest shows in town, ABSINTHE and DESIR. This year we will bring you a second theatre complete with our late night extravaganza, GAZILLIONAIRE'S LATE NITE LOUNGE, and an incredible line-up of live music performances from around the world like you've never seen them before.
With breathtaking views, sit back with a cocktail at sunset in our Green Fairy Garden, snuggle up in our full-service on-site restaurant, and after the show, dance under the stars with our eclectic DJ sessions, every Tuesday to Sunday night. [Spiegelworld]
Ute Lemper @ Spiegeltent, NYC - July 31, 2007 (CRED)
Jose Gonzalez has quite a few shows coming up - one of which happens to be August 21st @ NYC's very special (and slightly expensive) Spiegeltent. Would you like to go for free? E-mail BVCONTESTS@HOTMAIL.COM (subject: Jose), and let me know what the last show you saw was. One person will be picked at random, contacted, and awarded a pair of tix. Contest ends August 7th. Listen to two NEW Jose G songs @ his Myspace.
And as one kind commenter pointed out, last night was Ute Lemper's show at the very same Spiegeltent. More pics from that show HERE. Ute Lemper plays NYC again in November - the 1st through 3rd @ Neue Gallerie, and the 19th, 2rd, 24th, 25th, & December 1st @ Joe's Pub.