Entries tagged with: Von Haze
The full list of artists confirmed for the 2012 CMJ Music Marathon so far is below...
Damien Jurado @ Union Hall in 2008 (more by Kyle Dean Reinford)
tonight in NYC
* Pestilence @ Gramercy
* The Lee Boys (late) @ Brooklyn Bowl
* John Legend, The Roots (early) @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Ted Leo (acoustic) @ Generation Records
* Tony Allen (noon) @ BAM MetroTech Commons
* Tift Merritt, Jason Collett @ Hiro Ballroom
* Von Haze, Mirror Mirror, Creep @ Union Pool
* Frontier Ruckus, My Cousin The Emperor, Musikanto @ Southpaw
* New Kids on the Block @ Radio City Music Hall
* Carmen Consoli, Jose Conde @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* The Felix Hernandez Rhythm Review @ Betsy Head Park
* Diamondsnake, Persephone's Bees @ Highline Ballroom
* Villagers, Clare Burson, Thieving Iron @ Union Hall
* Hallelujah, Bebe Fang, Anni Rossi, Little Anchor @ Pianos
* Fixed w/ Pantha Du Prince, Dada Life @ Santos Party House
* Tony Allen, Janka Nabay, Rich Medina @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Secret Cities, Scary Mansion, Purse Snatchers @ Littlefield
* This Movie Is Broken (Broken Social Scene film) @ 92YTribeca
Eugene Mirman & Pretty Good Friends @ Prospect Park Bandshell
* Jason Anderson, Strand of Oaks, Juniper Tar @ Death By Audio
* Seabrook Power Plant, Mostly Other People Do the Killing @ Zebulon
* Neon Indian, Wild Nothing, Body Language @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Jennifer O'Connor, Amy Bezunartea, Big Stuff @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* The London Souls, Wormburner, John Biz, Lorraine Leckie @ Bowery Ballroom
* The Goodnight Loving, Big Troubles, Bright Lights, Fire Season @ Silent Barn
* Miracles of Modern Science, Dinosaur Feathers, Tidal Arms, Ava Luna, Prussia @ Cake Shop
* I Love Monsters, Jangula, Audio Fiction, Apollo Run, Tenements, Viv Savage @ Studio at Webster Hall
* Damien Jurado, Kay Kay and his Weathered Underground, People Eating People, Caleb Engstrom @ Mercury Lounge
Brooklyn duo Von Haze release their self-titled EP, out next week on Hippos in Tanks. They're at Union Pool tonight.
Ted Leo is filming a video at the Bell House before the in-store at Generation Records.
Check out This Week in Indie.
Stay tuned for the location of Friday's free Band of Horses show.
NXNE is happening in Toronto.
I'm there which means I have to miss Damien Jurado at Mercury Lounge, and the show he plays at Littlefield.
Dave Hill and Moby's new band Diamondsnake play Highline Ballroom tonight. Their video for "Storm The Fucking Kastle" (again) below...
free comedy show in Prospect Park.
by Andrew Frisicano
DOWNLOAD: Von Haze - Sooner or Later (MP3)
Brooklyn duo Von Haze (Travis Caine on guitar and Katherine Ki on synth) will open both NYC shows for the Big Pink/Crystal Antlers tour currently making its way across North America. The first will be Thursday, December 3rd at Bowery Ballroom, and the second December 4th at Music Hall of Williamsburg. Tickets for both are still on sale.
The songs up on their MySpace are part Brightblack Morning Light-style organ meditations, part goth rockers. The song "Sooner or Later," above, goes in another direction with 7 minutes of flickering metallic beat underneath lightly harmonized voices. Judging by the live clip below, the band seems looser and more jammy with instruments in hand...
DOWNLOAD: The Big Pink - Velvet (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: The Big Pink - Dominoes (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: The Big Pink - Velvet (Van Rivers & The Subliminal Kid remix) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: The Big Pink - Too young to love (Deloren remix) (MP3)
UK electro-rock duo The Big Pink (Robbie Furze and Milo Cordell) played their first ever North America set at a short-notice Mercury Lounge gig in June. They were in town recording their debut record, A Brief History of Love, which came out September 22nd in the US on 4AD (it came out Sept. 14th in the UK). That record is currently streaming online.
To support that, the Big Pink will go on a North American tour planned for the end of November and December. Live, "they are augmented by Daniel O'Sullivan from Guapo and Sunn O))), electronic artiste Jo Apps from the Planet Mu label, drummer Akiko Matsuura of Pre and Comanechi, and Al O'Connell producer/engineer for the likes of The Rapture and Klaxons". Opening the tour will be Crystal Antlers (who will also be in NYC even sooner for CMJ). They play NYC shows on December 3rd and 4th at Bowery Ballroom and Music Hall of Williamsburg, respectively. Tickets for both are on sale now. Von Haze is also on the bill of the two NYC shows.
Videos, all album info and tour dates are below...