Entries tagged with: Whole Earth Vegan Bakery
Back in 2007 we were worried that Whole Earth Vegan Bakery on St. Marks was facing eviction, but the East Village landmark survived, for almost another six years at least. We were bummed to just read the following on EV Grieve:
Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen, which had been at 130 St. Mark's Place since 1991 (34 years in business total), closed for good on Dec. 29, as we first reported.The bakery and Kate's Joint in the same year.
Aside from rising rents, business had been down... and, of course, Sandy didn't help matters.
Yesterday, a worker at the store told Bill the libertarian anarchist that the space will become an Italian restaurant.
Oh, but speaking of Italian restaurants and East Village vegan establishments, I highly recommend you check out the vegan menu at John's on East 12th Street! (right next door to Angelica Kitchen which is also a great place to go.)
- Anonymous wrote: Yeah, Kanye clearly has no idea what he's doing. That's why you're ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Yea, it was great energy and all that in Brooklyn. But what... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: feauring 33% of the original hairlines.... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Good for all of these bands. They're definitely getting deals while... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Really don't get the hype, he sounds like every other garage act cu... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: He also played bass in an early incarnation of Santana ..... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Sheryl? maybe pre kid rock... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Dude wash your sweatshirt!... [more]
- Anderson .Paak played SOB's & 'Colbert' (pics, video, review)
- Bruce Springsteen played 'The River' & more at Madison Square Garden (pics & setlist)
- Oddisee, OSHUN & Tunji Ige played BrooklynVegan-Red Bull Sound Select at Baby's All Right (pics)
- Chris La Putt photo show continues; Basia Bulat and Nellie McKay played the opening reception (pics)
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)