Entries tagged with: Whole Earth Vegan Bakery
Back in 2007 we were worried that Whole Earth Vegan Bakery on St. Marks was facing eviction, but the East Village landmark survived, for almost another six years at least. We were bummed to just read the following on EV Grieve:
Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen, which had been at 130 St. Mark's Place since 1991 (34 years in business total), closed for good on Dec. 29, as we first reported.The bakery and Kate's Joint in the same year.
Aside from rising rents, business had been down... and, of course, Sandy didn't help matters.
Yesterday, a worker at the store told Bill the libertarian anarchist that the space will become an Italian restaurant.
Oh, but speaking of Italian restaurants and East Village vegan establishments, I highly recommend you check out the vegan menu at John's on East 12th Street! (right next door to Angelica Kitchen which is also a great place to go.)
- Anonymous wrote: That bouncer has the smallest penis on record.... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: just smh... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: I don't understand the point of two drummers who play the same thin... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Spoiled rich white kids with shitty sounding guitars. Who cares? I ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: merchandise is the besttttt. yall trippin.... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Well, the bright side is we can always see fat Kathleen Hanna at th... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Dads is pretty good. Pity Sex meh.... [more]
- Learn to trade the market wrote: Exploring the internet watching out for Learn to trade the market t... [more]
- A Guide to the 2013 Northside Festival (this week in Brooklyn w/ Walkmen, Solange, Torche, Black Flag, Swans & more)
- Our Katrina and the Waves tribute EP is now on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify & RDIO
- NYC Memorial Day Weekend Events (DFA Anniversary, Do-Over, Converge, Green-Wood Cemetery, Greg Proops & more)
- Adam Yauch Park officially open in Brooklyn Heights
- Coachella webcast livestreaming at YouTube (schedule)
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)