Entries tagged with: Whole Earth Vegan Bakery
Back in 2007 we were worried that Whole Earth Vegan Bakery on St. Marks was facing eviction, but the East Village landmark survived, for almost another six years at least. We were bummed to just read the following on EV Grieve:
Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen, which had been at 130 St. Mark's Place since 1991 (34 years in business total), closed for good on Dec. 29, as we first reported.The bakery and Kate's Joint in the same year.
Aside from rising rents, business had been down... and, of course, Sandy didn't help matters.
Yesterday, a worker at the store told Bill the libertarian anarchist that the space will become an Italian restaurant.
Oh, but speaking of Italian restaurants and East Village vegan establishments, I highly recommend you check out the vegan menu at John's on East 12th Street! (right next door to Angelica Kitchen which is also a great place to go.)
- Anonymous wrote: Mike Fudge... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Brand New is very good and I like them a great deal ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Kim Gordon is charging $10 for autographing anything besides her bo... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: awful... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Where did the Wass go? This sux... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Is it me or is something off with this post? Some of the pictures ... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: Wow, seriously? People being taken out on stretchers.. and ... wtf... [more]
- Anonymous wrote: 6:48 they didn't have the hummus platter... [more]
- Protomartyr, The Gotobeds & Grooms played The Wick (pics)
- The Menzingers, Big Eyes, Crazy & the Brains & Brett Davis played Baby's All Right (BV-RB #SoundSelect pics)
- Coachella 2015 day 3 in pics: Drake, St. Vincent, Jenny Lewis, Built to Spill, Desaparecidos, Ryan Adams, OFF! & more
- BV-SXSW Saturday @ Red 7 in pics -- Mew, Pop Group, Frank Turner, Iceage, Lees of Memory, Screaming Females & more
- an interview with Shlohmo (on running a label, dealing with others, Flying Lotus, Burzum, Yung Gud, Tidal & more)
- a guide to NYC Record Store Day 2015 in-store performances, special events (and free beer)
- Residuels covered The Stooges, opening for Buzzcocks in NYC (win tix!)
- DJ Jess, RIP
- Don't get arrested at Coachella (here are tips from a lawyer)
Browse Categories (or Browse Tags)