Entries tagged with: Wynter Gordon
Father John Misty at SS Coachella 2012 (more by Greg Cristman)
today in NYC
* Whiplash @ UCB
* Colin Quinn @ UCB
* Brain Cloud @ Barbes
* Chica Libre @ Barbes
* Gabriel Kahane @ Joe's Pub
* Leroy Justice @ Brooklyn Bowl
* The Four Bags w/ Stew @ Barbes
* Nellie McKay @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Debo Band, The Relatives @ Joe's Pub
* Har Mar Superstar (DJ Set) @ Ace Hotel
* Wynter Gordon, The Black Black @ Pianos
* Jake Bugg, Valerie June @ Bowery Ballroom
* Father John Misty, Magic Trick @ Webster Hall
* The Neighbourhood, The Doorbells @ Glasslands
* Decline of Western Civilization II (screening) @ Videology
* The Wives, The Toothaches, Jungles @ Arlene's Grocery
* Yo La Tengo, Dana Spiotta @ Barnes & Noble Union Square
* Wyatt Cenac, Jackie Kashian, Mike Lawrence @ Littlefield
* Pagan Girls, Big Quiet, The Coward Flowers, The Burnhearts @ Cake Shop
* The Duhks, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Solas, McAuley Horan & O'Caoimh @ Highline Ballroom
* The Henry Millers, Hey Anna, Their Planes Will Block Out The Sun, Hawks & Doves @ Mercury Lounge
* Daniel Higgs, Arrington de Dionyso, Kid Millions (of Oneida), Fat History Month, Patriots @ Death By Audio
R&B singer Wynter Gordon plays a small show at Pianos tonight, which advance tickets are sold out for, but you can try your luck at the door. You can stream the single, "Stimela," off her 2012 EP, Doleo (her first in a series of four solo EPs), below.
Tonight's edition of Music Mondays at Videology in Williamsburg is showing Penelope Spheeris classic 1988 documentary Decline of Western Civilization II: The Metal Years. You can watch a clip from it below. Screening is at 8 PM and is free.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.
Last week, Justin Timberlake revealed that he's ready to release new music, and last night he announced that he will put out a new album this year called The 20/20 Experience. He also revealed the single, "Suit & Tie," which was produced by Timbaland and features a verse from Jay-Z. You can listen to that song below.
Diplo at Pier 94 - 12/30/12 (via Chris Neil)
Diplo, who was just in NYC opening for Afrojack at Pier 94 on December 30 (pictured above, video below), will be doing an interesting run of shows this month. On January 20, the super producer will set out to play four cities in one day. He'll begin at 6 PM in Baltimore's Ottobar, then make it to Philly's Sound Garden Hall at 9:30, Atlantic City's Mixx @ Borgata Resort at 12:30 AM, and finally he'll end in NYC at The Westway at 3:30 AM. Tickets for the NYC show are on sale now. The flyer for the shows is below.
In related news, Diplo's Major Lazer project will release its new album, Free the Universe, on February 19 via Mad Decent/Downtown. The album features guest spots from Santigold, Amber Coffman (Dirty Projectors), Ezra Koenig (Vampire Weekend), Wyclef Jean, Flux Pavillion, and others. You can check out the cover art, tracklist, and video for the song with Flux Pavillion, "Jah No Partial," below.