Vulture Fest 2016 lineup: ‘Mr. Robot,’ Sharon Van Etten & Fred Armisen jam session, ‘Better Call Saul’ & more
The third annual Vulture Festival has announced its full 2016 lineup which will take place May 21-22 in NYC with a mix of comedy, music, TV, film, live podcast tapings and more. Most of the events happen at Milk Studios, which is right next to Chelsea Market, and come with an hour of free drinks following the event. We already knew that Sarah Silverman would be performing at BAM on 5/22 (tickets). Here are some of the other highlights:
• A jam session/conversation between Sharon Van Etten and Fred Armisen (5/22)
• A conversation with the cast of Mr. Robot, including Rami Malek, Christian Slater, Carly Chaikin, Portia Doubleday, and Grace Gummer. (5/21)
• A live table read with the cast of Hulu’s Difficult People including Amy Poehler, Billy Eichner, Julie Klausner, James Urbaniak, Nathan Lane, Cole Escola, Shakina Nayfack, Andrea Martin, Megan Hilty, Scott King, and John Early (5/21)
• Gary Clark Jr. and Albert Hammond Jr. will play Webster Hall on Saturday, May 21.
• Watch a pop culture trivia game show that pits the casts of Younger (Sutton Foster, Miriam Shor, Debi Mazar, Nico Tortorella, and Dan Amboyer) against the cast of You’re the Worst (Stephen Falk, Aya Cash, Chris Geere, Kether Donohue, and Desmin Borges) (5/22)
• A conversation with the cast and creators of Lifetime’s Unreal, including co-creator Sarah Gertrude Shapiro, cast members Shiri Appleby, Constance Zimmer, B.J. Britt, Craig Bierko, Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman, Josh Kelly, and executive producer Carol Barbee (5/22)
• A conversation with Better Call Saul co-creator Peter Gould and stars Bob Odenkirk, Michael McKean, and Rhea Seehorn hosted by with New York television critic Matt Zoller Seitz. (5/21)
• A conversation with Jessica Jones‘ star Krysten Ritter and creator/showrunner Melissa Rosenberg which is a free event.
• A talk with animated series voice actors John Roberts (Bob’s Burgers), Larry Murphy (Bob’s Burgers), Aisha Tyler (Archer), Carlos Alazraqui (Bordertown, Inside Out, Happy Feet), Lucky Yates (Archer), Elizabeth “EG” Daily (Rugrats, The Powerpuff Girls), Maurice LaMarche (Pinky and the Brain, Futurama, Kung Fu Panda, The Powerpuff Girls, Zootopia, Rick and Morty), and Alex Borstein (Family Guy)
• Live tapings of podcasts at Casper Podcast Lounge (440 West 15th Street): Jessica Williams and Phoebe Robinson’s “Two Dope Queens;” Chris Gethard’s “Beautiful/Anonymous;” “Reply All” hosted by Alex Goldman and featuring guest Paul Scheer; Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael, and Jason Mantzoukas in “How Did This Get Made?;” NPR’s “Pop Culture Happy Hour” host Linda Holmes and panelists Stephen Thompson and Glen Weldon
• A conversation with Sopranos creator David Chase (5/22)
There are lots more Vulture Fest events, check out the full line-up. Tickets to all Vulture Fest events go on sale Wednesday, April 20 at 10 AM. You can also buy a Vulture Pass that gets you into everything (except Sarah Silverman) with preferred seating, a ticket to the invite-only opening party, a VIP shwag bag, and more.