What’s going on Wednesday?
Heartless Bastards @ ACL 2008 (more by Kyle Dean Reinford)
today in NYC
* Meat Loaf @ Jones Beach
* NY Philharmonic in Central Park
* Electric Six, Township @ Maxwell’s
* Smiths speed dating @ Black Rabbit Bar
* We Are Scientists, Rewards @ Bowery Ballroom
* Nels Cline & Jenny Schreiman @ Village Vanguard
* The Rassle, Radical Sons, Laserdiscs @ Union Pool
* The Acorn, The Loom @ Mercury Lounge (Early Show)
* The Blind Boys of Alabama & guests @ Lincoln Center
* Naomi Shelton & The Gospel Queens @ Stuyvesant Town Oval
* Small Black, Beach Fossils @ Mercury Lounge (Late Show)
* Pepper Rabbit, Candy Claws, Blair, Baby Alpaca @ Glasslands
* Soft Landings, Diamond Doves, Jared Van Fleet @ The Rock Shop
* Chiddy Bang, Daniel Merriweather, Gordon Voidwell @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Catherine Russell and Cat & the Hounds Swing Band @ Lincoln Center
* Organs, The Sweet Sixteens, The Poppets, Fools On Sunday @ Cake Shop
* Lights On, Black Hollies, The Nouvellas, Himalaya @ Knitting Factory
* Harpoon Pole Vault, Bee Mask, Zaimph, Mi Or & The Pedestals @ Zebulon
* The Heartless Bastards, The Builders and the Butchers, Peter Wolf Crier @ MHOW
Hi there. Do you like Morrissey, the Smiths, and/or making out with people? Oh, great, because [tonight] at 8pm, I am going to be doing my futuristic, one-of-a-kind combination Smiths/Morrissey music/speed dating event I like to call “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” (pretty clever of me, huh?) at Brooklyn’s best bar, the Black Rabbit, which is located right there in Brooklyn.
The Acorn continue their NYC run of shows
Tonight is your second and last chance to catch Candy Claws.
The Heartless Bastards headline their first of two NYC shows tonight.
The Stuy Town free music series continues with a Naomi Shelton tonight.
Improv Everywhere brought Star Wars into the subway. Video below…
New Flying Lotus video for “MmmHmm”, below…