What’s going on Monday? (Day of the Dead)
a scene from Sunday’s parade (more by Chris La Putt)
today in NYC
* Zion I @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Swingadelic @ Maxwell’s
* R. Crumb @ Barnes & Noble
* Jim Campilongo @ Living Room
* David Sedaris @ the Apollo Theater
* Neil Diamond on the Today Show
* Superhuman Happiness @ Coco 66
* Elvis Costello @ The Greene Space
* Recoil, Architect, Conjure One @ Highline Ballroom
* Jonathan Richman, Tommy Larkins @ Bowery Ballroom
* Annie and The Beekeepers, Twain, Birdie Busch @ Union Hall
* The Meligrove Band, Thrift Store Cowboys, Alexis Foxe @ Pianos
* Vagina Panther with Cassette Kids, At Sea, & Phone Home @ S.O.B.’s
* Talib Kweli, Junot Díaz, Lisa Dierbeck, Wahida Clark and Wally Lamb @ LPR
* Florence & The Machine, The Smith Westerns, Hanni El Khatib @ Terminal 5
* A Reading of Joe Mande’s Screenplay Adaptation of Glenn Beck’s Novel: The Overton Window w/ guests (instead of Whiplash) @ UCB
Glenn Beck’s new best-selling political thriller, The Overton Window, was so inspiring to comedian Joe Mande that he sat down and re-wrote the story for the big screen. Come watch as Mande and a few of his friends read the script on stage for the first time, in hopes of getting a movie deal.
And a few very impressive SURPRISE GUESTS!
Dum Dum Girls were supposed to play Music Hall of Williamsburg tonight.
Stay in the Halloween spirit with Recoil tonight at Highline Ballroom. Nicole Blackman is “guest vocalist” on the goth-friendly show featuring Alan Wilder of Depeche Mode. Tickets still seem to be available.
Check out a set of pictures from Sunday’s Halloween Parade.
Florence and the Machines play their first of two shows with the Smith Westerns at Terminal 5 tonight.
Jonathan Richman and Tommy Larkins also play their first of two shows tonight.
Chromeo were Kiss for Halloween. Video from their Chicago show below…
Local Natives encored with “Sun Hands” in Halloween costumes at Webster Hall this weekend. Video below…
Chromeo @ “Freaky Deaky 2″ – Needy Girl
Chromeo @ “Freaky Deaky 2″ – Night by Night
Local Natives ~~~ Sun Hands (In Halloween costumes)