What’s going on Wednesday?
today in NYC
* Mark Helias @ The Stone
* Lauryn Hill @ the Blue Note
* 50 First Jokes @ 92YTribeca
* Marc Ribot @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Jon Irabagon & Mike Pride @ Barbes
* Mandingo Ambassadors @ Barbes
* The Daily Show & friends @ Comix
* John Hebert’s Rambling Confessions @ The Stone
* Gloria Cheng, Calder Quartet @ Le Poisson Rouge
* We Are Country Mice, IYEZ, Revival Times @ Glasslands
* Pat DiNizio of the Smithereens (The Beatles Unbottled) @ City Winery
* Yellowbirds, Dill Dotson & The Chupacabra Kings, Darlingside, Caitlin Canty @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Happy Jawbone Family Band, Great Valley, Ghost Animal, V Ultra Lounge @ SilentBarn
* USVS, Apollo Run, Hawks and Doves, Stacie Rose, The Assembly Line @ Mercury Lounge
Yellowbirds “is the moniker for the latest musical exploits of Sam Cohen (guitarist / songwriter / vocalist in the psychedelic collective Apollo Sunshine).” Yellowbirds play Rockwood Music Hall tonight, The Studio at Webster Hall on January 20th, and Cake Shop on February 12th. Check out the songs streaming at MySpace.
Apollo Sunshine are not to be confused with Apollo Run who play Mercury Lounge tonight.