What’s going on Sunday?
today in NYC
* ASSSCAT @ UCB
* The-Dream @ S.O.B.’s
* Pony Bones @ The Manhattan Inn
* Mike Birbiglia in Red Bank, NJ
* Gomez, Hey Rosetta! @ Bowery Ballroom
* Bonaparte, The Chevin @ Mercury Lounge
* Diana Wayburn Ensemble @ Vaudeville Park
* Big Deal, 2:54, Zaza, Softspot @ Glasslands
* Sinkane, Chandeliers, Wishes @ Cameo Gallery
* The Zambonis, Butchers Blind @ Mercury Lounge
* Dropkick Murphys, Frank Turner @ The Paramount (LI)
* Steve Lewis, Kelli Scarr, Ursa Minor @ Union Pool
* Notekillers, Sannhet, YVLTRS, Lushes @ Littlefield
* Lost Boy?, Earthquake Party!, Bambara, Trabajo @ Cake Shop
* Shellshag, Bitches, Pure Joy, Cheesequake @ Death By Audio
* Sharon Katz & The Peace Train, Justin Vivian Bond @ Joe’s Pub
* Revolution Church, Lindsay Clark, Great Republic of Rough and Ready @ Pete’s Candy Store
* Leroy Justice, Bobby Keys & The Suffering Bastards @ Highline Ballrooms
* Irene Schweizer, Andrew Cyrille, Oliver Lake, Andrew Cyrille @ The Stone
* Long Vera, Starfawn, Jonas Fricke, Stephanie Waddell & Tom McCauley @ Zebulon
* Capsula, Des Roar, Street Smells, The John Steel Singers, Pre War, Alberta Cross @ Pianos
* Williamsburg Salsa Orchestra, DJ Walter B. Nice, VJ Willie Rivera, Joey Corsica @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Expensive Looks, Psychobuildings, Silent Drape Runners, Wojcik @ Union Hall
* Design The Skyline, The Browning, Atlantis, By The Beard Of Zeus, Anesthetized, Vicious Machine, We The Living, Sidney Black @ The Acheron
* Shigeto, Uzuhi, Hilly Eye, Karikatura, Annekei, Gross Relations, KNTRLR, Late Cambrian, Firesign, The Nico Blues, Desert Sharks, Fall of the Albatross, Pass Kontrol, The Tablets, Hard Nips @ Public Assembly
2:54 (who recently signed to Fat Possum) and Big Deal are in NYC from the UK tonight before heading to Austin for SXSW where 2:54 plays the official BrooklynVegan showcase Wednesday night at Bar 96, and Big Deal plays on one of three stages at ‘Hotel Vegan’ on Wednesday.
“Hotel Vegan” is four days worth of 3-stage, free day shows at Hotel Vegas & the Volstead Lounge in Austin. If you’re in Austin stop by. Full lineups are still being announced, but here’s two of the stages on Wednesday (Big Deal is on the unannounced stage), and here’s what Thursday looks like.
Sunrise Fest, a benefit concert remembering last year’s devastating tsunami in Japan, will be held at Public Assembly today. Scheduled a year to the day of the disaster, the show will feature informative seminars, dance recitals, and Japanese food vendors in addition to the scheduled music lineup. For full info on the lineup and donation invitiatives of the festival, check out their Facebook page.
We’ll be helping T-Mobile judge a photo contest that could win you tickets (plane ticket included) to a festival in the Coachella Valley.
Shellshag play Death By Audio tonight. If you haven’t already, watch the acoustic “Green Room Session” we recorded with them during CMJ, below…
Shellshag Performs “Face to Face”