What’s going on Friday?
Unknown Mortal Orchestra at Sasquatch 2012 (more by Chris Graham)
today in NYC
* Rob Curto @ Barbes
* Gary Jules @ Joe’s Pub
* Neil Diamond @ Jones Beach
* Howard Fishman @ Barbes
* Lana Del Rey @ Irving Plaza
* Vinicius Cantuaria @ The Stone
* W4 New Music @ 92YTribeca
* DanceNOW [NYC] @ Joe’s Pub
* Harper Blynn, Beca @ Mercury Lounge
* Little, Big, My M.O., Wazu @ Union Hall
* Moon Hooch, Inky Jack @ Knitting Factory
* Dirty Dozen Brass Band @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Muck, Dog Day, Plastic Gods @ Cake Shop
* Los Straitjackets, Eilen Jewell @ City Winery
* Totem, Y/Y, Body Building, KNTRLR @ XPO 929
* Erotic City (live tribute to Prince) @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Internet Xplorer, RAVVES, Getawolfpup @ Glasslands
* The Cult, Against Me!, The Icarus Line @ Terminal 5
* Witch Mountain, Pilgrim, Lord Dying, Bezoar @ Saint Vitus
* Jan Jelinek, Andrew Pekler, Dan Friel @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Mode Moderne, Plastic Flowers, Night Vision @ Shea Stadium
* Zomby, $hayne, Grayson Revoir, Johnny Misheff @ Santos
* Darmstatdt 2012: Music of Gordon Mumma @ Issue Project Room
* Jangula, Otis Heat, Yellow Dogs, Phone Home @ Mercury Lounge
* Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Doldrums, Field Mouse @ Glasslands
* Chordashian, Paul Raffaele, Kid Color @ Le Bain at The Standard
* Southern Culture On The Skids, Labretta Suede and The Motel 6 @ Maxwell’s
* Rhett Miller & The Serial Lady Killers, The Spring Standards @ Bowery Ballroom
* DIIV, Mac DeMarco, MINKS, Life Size Maps, Crinkles, Turnip Kings @ 285 Kent Ave
* Peanut Butter Lovesicle, Clear Plastic Masks, The Click Clack Boom @ Cameo Gallery
* Grand Rapids, Darlings, Evi Antonio, Daytona, The Doozies @ Big Snow Buffalo Lodge
* The Prefab Messiahs, Spectre Folk, Bobb Trimble’s Flying Spiders, Weyes Blood @ Death By Audio
* The Psyched, The Jigglers, Moonmen On The Moon, Man, Organs, The Thing with Two Heads @ Public Assembly
* Jen Urban & The Box, Alyson Greenfield, Beautiful Small Machines, Indiggo Twins, Luxe Pop, Run For Cover @ Pianos
At the cineplex, cigar lover and filmmaker Ridely Scott returns to science fiction in Prometheus, the “non-prequel” to Alien which Roger Ebert gave four stars. Watch the trailer below.
Or go see documentary Paul Williams Still Alive at Angelica with a post-screening Q&A with the man himself. He wrote “The Rainbow Connection,” you know.
Speaking of movies, the July 18 NYC screenings of LCD Soundsystem‘s Shut Up and Play the Hits are sold out, but you can watch a clip from it — “Dance Yourself Clean” — at the bottom of this post.
Dirty Projectors made a strobe-happy video for “Gun Has no Trigger” which you can watch below.
Peaking Lights just posted a stream for their gurgling, meandering “Beautiful Son” from new album Lucifer which is out June 18. Listen to it below.