What’s going on Friday?
today in NYC
* Sherta @ Barbes
* Sarah Alden @ Barbes
* Kinda Green @ The Stone
* Kelly Joe Phelps @ Joe’s Pub
* Elysian Fields @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Shy Hunters, Aaron Roche @ Zebulon
* Brown Rice Family @ The Greene Space
* Perkis, Park, & Eisenstadt @ The Stone
* DANCENOW Joe’s Pub Festival @ Joe’s Pub
* Starkey, Chrissy Murderbot @ Glasslands
* The Roots, Bob Weir @ The Capitol Theatre
* Sick of It All, CIV, Stigma @ Webster Hall
* Wreckless Eric, Amy Rigby @ Bowery Electric
* Devin, The Psyched, The Wilsen @ Glasslands
* Rustie, Flosstradamus, Brenmar @ Webster Hall
* Rafiq Bhatia, Pepepiano, Icewater @ Cameo Gallery
* Kreator, Accept, Swallow the Sun @ Best Buy Theatre
* Bright Moments, Leverage Models @ Knitting Factory
* Bob Mould, Cymbals Eat Guitars @ Williamsburg Park
* Psychobuildings, Steel Phantoms @ The Grand Victory
* The Shakes, Bad Doctors, Frank Hurricane @ Big Snow
* Rooftop Vigilantes, Big Tits, Cuss Words @ Cake Shop
* Har Mar Superstar, Computer Magic @ Knitting Factory
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (invite only) @ John Varvatos
* The Giraffes, Moon Hooch, Slothrust @ Mercury Lounge
* Patrick Watson, Great Lake Swimmers @ Bowery Ballroom
* Colleen Green, Total Slacker, Plateaus @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Xeno & Oaklander, Ike Yard, Led Er Est @ 285 Kent Avenue
* The Rapture, TV Baby And Gabe @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Runny, Bugs in the Dark, Lakookala, Seasick Mama @ The Gutter
* The Rapture (DJ Set), Midnight Magic (DJ Set) @ Public Assembly
* Omar Souleyman, Janka Nabay & The Bubu Gang, DJ Hutz @ The Well
* Cult of Youth, Pharmakon, Pink Reason, Zatsuon @ Public Assembly
* Xenia Rubinos, Railbird, Lady Lamb The Beekeeper @ The Rock Shop
* BLOWOFF (the DJ Sounds of Bob Mould & Richard Morel) @ Highline Ballroom
* Life Eaters, The Everymen, TV Sound, Tijuana Bibles @ Maxwell’s
* Lightning Love, Miracles of Modern Science, Jamaican Queens @ Spike Hill
* Gemini Club, Nolita Kings, Love of Everything, Earthquake Party! @ Pianos
* Shark?, The Hairs, What Next?, The Weather Balloons, Hippy @ Shea Stadium
* Ava Luna, Ed Schrader’s Music Beat, Lost Boy?, Indian Rebound @ Living Bread
* Matt Embree (Rx Bandits), Vinnie Caruana (I Am The Avalanche) @ Mercury Lounge
Indie rock legend Bob Mould (of Husker Du/Sugar) plays a free show at Williamsburg Park tonight where he’ll play Sugar’s 1992 debut Copper Blue in its entirety, plus a set of songs from throughout his long career. Doors are at 5:30 PM, Cymbals Eat Guitars are on at 6:30 PM. If you haven’t heard Bob’s new album, The Silver Age, it’s very much in the Sugar vein and his best in a long while. Check out the video for his single “The Descent” below as well as video of him performing it on Letterman.
If you want even more Bob, he’ll be at Highline Ballroom later as one-half of DJ duo Blowoff. Doors at 11:30
If you’re going to see The Rapture tonight at their last show of a three-night run at Music Hall of Williamsburg, the afterparty happens right next door at Public Assembly with DJ sets by The Rapture and Midnight Magic. It’s free.
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.
Joey Bada$$ just released his new mixtape, Rejex. Download it for free HERE.
Swans, who play here next month, made a video for their song “No Words No Thoughts” — a 10 minute edit of one of the half-hour tracks at least — from their live album We Rose From Your Bed With the Sun in Our Head which you can watch below.
The VMA’s were last night and while Frank Ocean didn’t pick up a Moon Man, his performance of “Thinkin’ Bout You” was a highlight of the evening. You can watch it below.
Bob Mould – “The Descent”
Bob Mould – “The Descent” live on ‘Letterman’
Swans – “No Words No Thoughts”
Frank Ocean – “Thinkin’ Bout You”