What’s going on Tuesday?
Here We Go Magic at Sasquatch 2012 (more by Chris Graham)
today in NYC
* Braids @ Maxwell’s
* Matt Alber @ Joe’s Pub
* Jill Sobule @ Joe’s Pub
* Mike Doughty @ City Winery
* Band of Horses @ House of Vans
* The Killers @ Paradise Theater
* Sean Sondregger Trio @ The Stone
* Stanley Clarke @ Blue Note
* Et cetera Festival @ Public Assembly
* Slash, Foxy Shazam @ Hammerstein Ballroom
* Jon Spencer Blues Explosion @ Bowery Electric
* Barack Obama, Jay-Z & Beyonce @ 40/40 Club
* Here We Go Magic, High Highs @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Echo-Friendly, Thieving Irons @ Mercury Lounge
* Blood Red Shoes, DZ Deathrays @ Mercury Lounge
* Vensaire, manicanparty, Cultfever @ Cameo Gallery
The Avett Brothers @ Central Park Rumsey Playfield
* Infernal Stronghold, Geryon, Grudges @ Saint Vitus
* Pete Karp and the Brooklyn Jazz Warriors @ The Stone
* Tropic of Pisces, Neighbors, Moon King, Cookies @ Pianos
* Michael Kiwanuka, Marcus Foster, Foy Vance @ Webster Hall
* Chasing Kings, Swear and Shake @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* G-Side, The Block Beattaz, Deniro Farrar, Tron & DVD @ Glasslands
* Bobby Womack w/ Damon Albarn, Kwes and more @ Apple Store SoHo
* Shark?, Caged Animals, Dinosaur Feathers, EULA @ Delinquency
* Seth Herzog, David Wain, Questlove, Ted Alexandro @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* Diamond Terrifier,Ikebe Shakedown, Osekre and the Lucky Bastards, The Forthrights, Tunde Adebimpe/Ohal Greitzer/Daren Ho-Ryan Sawyer/C. Spencer Yeh Quintet @ Zebulon
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion‘s new album, Meat and Bone, is out today and BrooklynVegan is presenting record release party tonight at Bowery Electric. The only way in was to have bought the album through Other Music or won tickets from us. It’s now sold out but you can, however, watch the JSBX’s new video, “Black Mold,” below.
Bobby Womack and his all-star band (Damon Albarn, Kwes, mems of TVotR) are playing a free show and Q&A at Apple’s fancypants SoHo store tonight at 7 PM which is likely to be very, very crowded.
Band of Horses, who release their new album, Mirage Rock, today and play House of Vans tonight, taped a “Live on Letterman” concert last night (9/17). You can stream that entire concert below. You can also stream Mirage Rock in its entirety below.
Public Assembly’s alt-learning festival, “Et cetera,” continues tonight with free panel discussions and demonstrations, like “Bad Feminist Readings.”
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.
Aimee Mann‘s new video, “Labrador,” was directed by Tom Scharpling and features his WFMU cohort (and Superchunk drummer) Jon Wurster, as well as Ted Leo and Jon Hamm. Watch it below.
We already posted pics from A$AP Rocky’s Fashion Week performance at the Adidas Store, and now you can check out video from the event that also features Jeremy Scott, A$AP Nast and Flatbush Zombies. Watch it below.
The Family Bqnd made a skeletal video for their song “Moonbeams” and you can watch that below too.
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion – “Black Mold”
Band of Horses on “Live on Letterman”
Band of Horses – Mirage Rock
Aimee Mann – “Labrador”
A$AP Rocky, Jeremy Scott, A$AP Nast & Flatbush Zombies l Adidas NYFW 2012
Family Band – “Moonbeams”