What’s going on Monday?
Anais Mitchell at Bowery Ballroom in 2010 (more by Amanda Hatfield)
Pinkish Black @ WIERD (more by Fred Pessaro // BBG)
today in NYC
* Whiplash @ UCB
* Dan Black @ Le Baron
* Brain Cloud @ Barbes
* Chicha Libre @ Barbes
* Joe Budden @ BB King’s
* Tony Scherr @ Living Room>
* Himalayas, Fazer @ Zebulon
* Biffy Clyro @ The Bowery Electric
* Jim Campilongo @ Living Room
* Kat Solar @ The Mercury Lounge
* Mark Eitzel @ Highland Ballroom
* Xavier Rudd, Chris Berry @ Irving Plaza
* Blondie Chaplin, The Les Paul Trio @ The Iridium
* Desert Noises, Anya Skidan @ The Rock Shop
* Anais Mitchell, Cuddle Magic @ Bowery Ballroom
* Rocky and the Pressers, Cosmonaut @ The Mercury Lounge
* Circle of Buzzards, Beasty, Old Monk, Warmth @ Big Snow
* Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Patti Smith, Everest @ Barclays Center
* Bambara, Clean Girls, Vulture Shit, Tough/Luck @ Death By Audio
* Selma Oxor, Psychobuildings, Treasure Teeth, icky doome @ Glasslands
* Pinkish Black, Bezoar, Gentlemen, Dolores Boys @ Acheron
* Wyatt Cenac, Hari Kondabolu, Phoebe Robinson, Adam Lowitt @ Littlefield
Tonight’s the first installment of “Music Mondays” at Williamsburg’s Videology (that Bill is helping program). They’ll be showing Penelope Spheeris’ essential 1981 LA punk doc Decline of Western Civilization along with the infamous (and also essential) “punk rock” episode of Quincy. Show starts at 9:30 and is free. If you wanna make a night of it, they’re showing the new Will Oldham movie, New Jerusalem, there at 7 PM.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.
Hot Chip’s Alexis Taylor released a solo EP, Nayim from the Halfway Line, a reference to the 1995 Cup Winners Cup football final, today (12/3) on 12″ vinyl and will release it digitally on December 17. You can check out an introductory video to the EP below (via FACT).
Alexis Taylor – ‘Nayim From The Halfway Line’