What’s going on Sunday?
Quilt at Mercury Lounge in 2012 (more by Amanda Hatfield)
today in NYC
* Tylan @ Joe’s Pub
* ASSSSCAT 3000 @ UCB
* Marc Maron @ Union Hall
* Stephane Wrembel @ Barbes
* Charnett Moffett @ Joe’s Pub
* Jennifer Curtis & Friends @ Barbes
* Hannibal Buress @ Knitting Factory
* Marc Broussard, Courrier @ City Winery
* Memory Tapes, Sleep Over @ Mercury Lounge
* Star & Dagger, Ten Ton Mojo @ Mercury Lounge
* White Prism, Bright Light Bright Light @ Ace Hotel
* Williamsburg Salsa Orchestra @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Graham Parker and The Rumour @ Gramercy Theatre
* Echo Friendly, Young Unknowns, Sua @ Public Assembly
* Jon Madof, Marlon Sobol and Special Guests @ The Stone
* DRGN King, Walking Shapes, Onward Chariots @ Cameo Gallery
* HRVRD, Daylight, SoftSpot, Coasta @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* Mmoss, Quilt, Prince Rupert’s Drops, Electric Mess @ Glasslands
* Call Of The Wild, The Soupcans, Pampers, Beasty @ Death By Audio
* David Cross, Jon Glaser, Heather Lawless, Leo Allen @ Littlefield
* Vensaire, Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt, Zula, My Body @ Silent Barn
* Negative Approach, Violent Bullshit, TWO MAN ADVANTAGE, Crushed @ The Grand Victory
* Black Cobra, Public Speaking, Belus, Bezoar, Jon Mizrachi, Ancient Sky, Mrs. Adam Schatz, David First @ Europa (Brain Cave Festival)
The Soupcans will be in NYC on Wednesday (4/17) to open for fellow Toronto bands METZ and Odonis Odonis at Bowery Ballroom, but before that they play a smaller NYC show at Death by Audio tonight with Call of the Wild, Pampers, and Beasty. Admission is $7 at the door.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.
Jai Paul, who dropped the very impressive singles, “BTSTU” and “Jasmine” over the last couple years, finally released his self titled debut album. You can stream it in its entirety below and purchase it over at bandcamp. The tracks are all untitled, but track 9 is “Jasmine” and track 16 is “BTSTU” (via FADER).
UPDATE: Jai Paul tweeted, “To confirm: demos on bandcamp were not uploaded by me, this is not my debut album. Please don’t buy. Statement to follow later. Thanks, Jai.”
Jai Paul – Jai Paul