What’s going on Tuesday?
The Roots @ Highline Ballroom (photo by Nathan Miller)
tonight in NYC
* Phish @ Jones Beach Theater
* The Roots @ Highline Ballroom
* Mandy Moore @ Highline Ballroom
* Neil Innes of the Rutles @ BB King’s
* Isis, Pelican, Tombs @ Irving Plaza
* Sessions at Santa’s w/ Skint, Light Asylum (DJ) @ Santos
* Emilie Simon, Holiday Shores @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Love Is All, Real Estate, The King Left @ Maxwell’s
* Rock Plaza Central, Suckers, John Reichmann @ The Bell House
* Art Brut, Murder Mystery, Les Sans Culottes @ Mercury Lounge
* Bushwick Book Club: Watchmen w/ Franz Nicolay, etc @ Goodbye Blue Monday
* Afrobeat Fest w/ BLK JKS, Geko Jones, Uproot Andy, Bajah + the Dry Eye Crew, Blue Nefertiti’s Paris@Night, Yacouba Diabate, Mamodou Konate, Afrobeat Radio DJs @ Knitting Factory
Mandy Moore is playing a free early show at the Highline Ballroom tonight for those who buy her new album, Amanda Leigh, from Best Buy. Entry is first come first served. Reviews of the album aren’t all horrible so far.
Tonight is the first show of former Tonic owner Melissa Caruso Scott‘s curating run at The Stone.
Pearl Jam was Conan’s first Tonight Show musical guest. They played “Got Some” off their forthcoming record Backspacer — video below. (Tonight is Green Day). Jimmy Fallon has Steve Martin and Paul Simon.
The Hold Steady’s Franz Nicolay will be at tonight’s edition of the Bushwick Book Club at Goodbye Blue Monday. This month book is Watchmen, which means Franz and the rest of the night’s performers will be playing songs they’ve written about the comic specifically for the occassion. Check out a poster for the gig, below.
The Grates played SXSW all the way back in March, but they just posted some video diaries from their trip now. Watch below…
Cheetah Chrome and The Blackhearts played Europa in May. A video from that show below…
Pearl Jam – “Got Some” The Tonight Show with Conan O Brien 6/1/09