What’s going on Thursday?
Suckers @ Prospect Park earlier this month (more by Natasha Ryan)
tonight in NYC
* Maluca @ Santos
* Zé Luis Quartet @ MoMA
* Todd Barry @ Carolines
* Megafaun @ Monkey Town
* MC Lyte @ Von King Park
* Dark Dark Dark @ Sycamore
* Dwele, Leela James @ BB Kings
*I Need That Record (film) @ 92YTribeca
* The Click Five @ Rocks Off Boat Cruise
* Bonnie Baxter, Beloved Rogue @ Shea Stadium
* Titus Andronicus, The So-So Glos @ Glasslands
* PG Six, Zachary Cale, Rachel Mason @ Union Pool
* Matisyahu, Umphrey’s McGee @ Central Park Summerstage
* Title Tracks, The Nouvellas, Charles Burst @ The Cameo
* The Drums, Living Days, Zambri, Kordan @ Public Assembly
* Chris Garneau, The Lisps, Scary Mansion @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Suckers, The Octagon, Hearts of Darknesses, Etta Place @ Pianos
* Midsummer Night Swing w/ Woody Herman Orchestra @ Lincoln Center
* GrandWizzard Theodore, PopMaster Fabel, Biz Markie @ Crotona Park
* Matt & Kim, Flosstradamus, Team Robespierre @ Hudson River Rocks Pier 54
* Jon Wiley Benefit w/ Chairlift, Adam Green, Lightspeed Champion @ The Shank
* Those Darlins, Heavy Trash, Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers @ Mercury Lounge
* Mia Riddle, Bon Savants, Patrick Bower & The World Without Magic @ The Bell House
* NY Ear & Eye Fest w/ Nymph, Religious To Damn, Hunters, Dinowalrus, more @ Knitting Factory
* Latin Alternative Music Conference w/ Leon Polar, Natalia Lafourcade, more @ Bowery Ballroom
* Mewithoutyou, The Dear Hunter, Kay Kay & His Weathered Underground @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
Free Brooklyn Lager from 7:30- 8:30 at the Bell House.
Matt & Kim play a free outdoor show tonight, the first of this summer’s HudsonRiverRocks series. That’ll bring Ted Leo and Yeasayer in the coming weeks. Opening tonight’s show are Team Robespierre and Flosstradamus (whose remix of Matt & Kim’s “Yea Yeah” is below with other, revealing M&K vidoes).
GrandWizzard Theodore, PopMaster Fabel and Biz Markie play a free Park Jams show
at Crotona Park in the Bronx. Luminescent Orchestrii performs a free River to River set at World Financial Center Plaza. MC Lyte plays in Von King Park. At the Central Park Summerstage, Matisyahu and Umphrey’s McGee play a ticketed show.
“Four cemetery workers have been charged with dismembering bodies after police found what they called “startling and revolting” conditions at a historic cemetery near Chicago.” [AP]
Titus Andronicus and The So So Glos play a free-with-RSVP, limited-capacity show hosted by Colt 45 & Vice at Glasslands tonight. See a video of Titus “Shotgunnin’ Burrs” with The Soft Pack on their UK tour together, below.
The Drums, who will be gigging in NYC a lot this summer, play Public Assembly tonight with Living Days, Zambri and Kordan.
Suckers begin their four-Thursday Pianos residency with guests The Octagon, Hearts of Darknesses and Etta Place.
Chairlift, Adam Green, Lightspeed Champion and others play a benefit for local musician Jon Wiley at The Shank.
In a nice triple bill, Those Darlins, Heavy Trash and Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers all perform at the Mercury Lounge tonight.
Megafaun, who opened for Bowerbirds last night, plays Monkey Town tonight with a “special guest.”
The NY Ear & Eye Fest II kicks off tonight at the Knitting Factory. The fest includes a record fair/concert at the 92YTribeca on Saturday and a closing party at Death By Audio Sunday night. 92Y is sceening record store doc I Need That Record tonight with filmmaker Brendan Toller in attendance.
“Google says that its forthcoming Chrome operating system will be so secure that “users don’t have to deal with viruses, malware and security updates.” But Google’s claim is being met with skepticism within the Internet security world.” [PC World]
The Lincoln Center’s Midsummer Night Swing fest continues tonight with the Woody Herman Orchestra directed by Frank Tiberi at Damrosch Park.
10 bands play for $10 tomorrow at Terminal 5.
The first free Williamsburg Waterfront show is this Sunday.
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart plays South Street Seaport on Friday.
Title Tracks, which is John Davis formerly of Q and Not U, plays the Cameo Gallery with The Nouvellas and Charles Burst.
Blitzen Trapper‘s new video for “Black River Killer”, below…
Matt and Kim – “LESSONS LEARNED”
MATT AND KIM – DAYLIGHT
Matt & Kim Yea Yeah Flosstradamus Remix Music Video
Shotgunnin’ Burrs w/ The Soft Pack 2: Soft Pack vs. Titus Andronicus